• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wishlist of a Future Sm4sh- mod.

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
In this thread I plan to talk about suggestions and wishes for a potential Smash 4 Minus mod that may or may not be made. Feel free to post stage and/or character suggestions in the Replies. If I like it enough, I'll add it to the list and mention you as well.

As a start, here's what I've added already.

Sm4sh Minus Suggestions

UNIVERSAL RULES

Rule 1: Every Character gets a boost in their overall knockback, damage, and speed. Any mentions of otherwise would mean boosts that make them usually faster than others.

Rule 2: Ledge Grabbing acts like the previous Smash games. no Automatic Ledge Grabs, or Ledge Steals.

Rule 3: Hitstun greatly increased in order for awesome combos.

CHARACTERS.
Rule 1: Every character that was changed in Brawl Minus keeps those changes, with minor adjustments or additions.

Rule 2: Bayo won't be on here mainly because she was already op. She is only buffed to the point where she keeps up with everyone else.

- :4mario:
Same as Brawl-

- :4luigi:
Same as Brawl-

- :4peach:
Same as Brawl-

- :4bowser:
Same as Brawl-
Side-B works more like PM where holding down after grabbing can lead to Edge-Spiking, Up leads to a stationary bury.

- :4yoshi:
Same as Brawl-
Up-B Trail does damage, landing lag is reduced, speed is increased, Up-Tilt is Smash 64.

- :rosalina:
Rosa can summon 2 Lumas at once with Down-B.

Lumas attack at any time, no matter what.

Lumas act like Nana, and can Grab. Which can lead to some Chain-Grabs.

Luma's respawn instantly.

Speed is increased, Luma's get double speed.

- :4bowserjr:
Down-B instantly picks up Mecha-Koopa.

Mecha Koopa explosion damage increased.

Hitboxes on Smash Attacks slightly increased.

Overall Damage on Smash Attacks increased.

Side-B is faster, can cancel into anything.

Neutral B charges faster, can dash immediately after firing cannon.

- :4wario2:

- Same as Brawl-

Plays more like Wario-Man this time around meaning Higher Jumps, Up-Air gives height (Only Twice for balance.) NAir causes Floating. Fart charges way faster.

Up-B does slightly more Damage then in Brawl-

- :4dk:

- Same as Brawl-

FAir Combination buries for longer.

- :4diddy:

- Same as Brawl-

Down-Throw to UpAir returns, as a result, UpAir is stronger.

Diddy can toss 2 Banana's at once in both directions.

DA goes off the stage

NAir has slight invinciblity.

- :4gaw:

-Same as Brawl-

1 becomes as useful as 9, having the same RNG.

Slightly faster, DA becomes like villager, and tosses a Large Sausage.

Some other attacks can drop Large Sausages, like BAir, Jab and UAir.

- :4littlemac:

Gains 3 Jumps to compensate for bad recovery, Jump height increased as well.

Up-B Goes higher making it better to rack up damage along with recovery.

Wall Jump can be canceled out of Side-B.

Side-B has no Special Stun.

K.O Punch charges quicker and is a guaranteed Kill.

DSmash is like Cloud's, sweeping foes behind him.

F-Tilt only has the second punch.

USmash Always has the fire effect.

Counter becomes an actual attack and just comes out. It's slippery and good for Horizontal recovery or just getting across the stage fast.

NeutralB is Special 2, so it's multi-hit.

- :4link:

- Similar but not exactly like Brawl-

Keeps the damaging Tornado with Side-B

Arrows have a 60% chance to insta-charge, doing triple damage.

Down-B has a 25% Chance to get a hyper bomb which is larger but goes off faster.

Down-B also has a 25% chance to get a Mr. Saturn.

While DAing, pressing A again will make Link execute a second, weaker slash, making it good for follow-ups.

DAir has a windbox on collision, similar to Toon Link.

- :4zelda:
- Same as Brawl-

Press Down-B twice in quick succession to execute a full charge Phantom Warrior.

Phantom Warrior has Nayru's Love around it.

Nayru's Love is longer, can be jump canceled, and can move slightly to the left or right.

- :4sheik:

- Same as Brawl-

Bouncing fish can be adjusted vertically.

Side-B can be canceled into Neutral-B or Shield.

Side-B can be jump canceled.

Bouncing Fish can bounce off of Walls and Ledges.

Momentum can be adjusted in Mid-Air when FAiring, BAir, and UAiring.

Also, DAir doesn't go straight down if you Hold :GCD:and :GCA: on the controller. Not with the C-Stick.

- :4ganondorf:

- Same as Brawl-

- :4tlink:

- Same as Brawl-

Boomerang can be dodged multiple times, causing it to go around in more than one arc,

- :4samus:
- Same as Brawl-
USmash has a 30% chance to freeze.

Similar to Project M, can change the Missile and FSmash with Side-Taunt.

- :4zss:

- Same as Brawl-

Up-B goes on for longer, like Mac.

- :4pit:

- Same as Brawl-

Down-B comes out quicker, and takes slightly longer to break.

Down-B does slight damage upon coming out.

Side-B has higher knockback and has less end lag.

Up-B does Damage.

- :4palutena:

Palutena can float like Peach.

Palutena gets slight airtime with Up-Air.

Down-AIr increases fall speed while executing.

Counter becomes similar to Pit/Dark Pit and becomes 2 reflects in both directions, these reflects don't last nearly as long.

Reflect as a result, does multiple hits, the last one having some knockback.

Windboxes are buffed for all moves that have them.

Neutral-B does more damage, has an AOE, and has a small explosion.

Auto-reticle shoots 5 shots instead of 3.

- :4marth:

- Same as Brawl-

Marth is slightly more floaty than Brawl-.

- :4myfriends:

- Same as Brawl-

Heavier, does more damage.

- :4robinm::4robinf:

Down-B is now a charger for all of Robin's moves. Has 3 stages.

All Specials stay the same. Except buffed to keep up with normal characters

Neutral B Stage 1 is Elthunder..

Neutral B Stage 2 is the usual Thoron. It comes out faster and goes across the screen faster. Does more Knockback.

Neutral B Stage 3 is Magic Missile. It's similar to Thoron. But it gains power as it stays on screen and follows a random opponent. Impact causes a Multi-hit explosion.

Side B Stage 2 is Elfire, It goes across the screen. About half the length of Final Destination, When it hits a target, it erupts doing many hits.

All Side-B moves Stage 2 and up have a Burn effect that does 2% every 5 seconds. It takes 25 seconds to wear off, for a total of 10% afterward.

Side B Stage 3 is Pyron. Similar to Thoron, it flies across the screen, leaving trails of fire, which all do 4% when touched.

All Up-B Upgrades increase the height, damage and Meteor effect of the move.

When you use Down-B after going past stage 3, it becomes Super Nosferatu. It takes 50% health away and knocks your opponent back.

The Levin Sword stays permanently on Stage 3 and gets 16 uses on Stage 2.

If any Tome or Sword are thrown away, they will not come back upon going up a Stage.

- :4duckhunt:
Duck Hunt can float and has 5 jumps.

Duck Hunt can toss up to 3 cans on screen at once. Causing some Mayhem.

Gunmen Detonate all Onscreen cans upon shooting.

Cans do not explode until detonation or taking 50% damage. Use this to your advantage.

The Frisbee becomes a boomerang that comes back to you, Careful, if you don't get rid of it before then, you'll get shot.

FAir propels Duck Hunt backward a bit, UAir propels them down.

NAir keeps Duck Hunt in the air. This only works 3 times though.

- :4kirby:

- Same as Brawl Minus

Because of Brawl- the Hammer charges instantly, but can still be held, it does more damage per frame though.

You walk faster and jump slightly higher while holding the Hammer, but this increases the Damage per frame.

The damage per frame caps at 180%

Tap Up-B to do Up-B special 3, you rise up without going down, you don't have special stun, but you only get two jump after executing it,

- :4metaknight:

- Same as Brawl-

- :4dedede:

- Same as Brawl-

NAir gives you height the first time you use it.

- :4fox:
- Same as Brawl-

Shine comes out slightly faster.

- :4falco:
- Same as Brawl-

-:4pikachu:
- Pikachu becomes a Mixture of Brawl- Pichu AND Pikachu.

Some attacks change if held down instead of tapped.

Tap Down-B to get Quick Thunder which is just that. a Small Thundercloud appears above PIkachu shooting down a low lag Thunderbolt that doesn't meteor or explode when it collides with Pikachu. It has very little overall Lag and can be useful for getting around the arena.

Hold Neutral-B to get Thundershock which, similar to FSmash, shoots a large ball of electricity in front of Pikachu doing multiple hits an high Knockback. It has high starting Lag.

Cancel Side-B When it's at Full Charge to unlock Volt Tackle which comes out very fast and goes VERY VERY FAR. Make sure you hit your opponent, because more often or not, missing will cost a stock. It's knockback is very good though, so one of you is going down if you execute this move.

Pikachu gains 3 Movements with Up-B, SImilar to Pichu.

Holding NAir puts a wall of electricity around Pikachu. It hurts opponents around him, if it's a direct hit, the opponent gets hit with Electric damage as well.

DAir has a Winbox when it hits the ground, a bit stronger than Toon Link's.

- :4charizard:

- Same as Brawl-

Flare Blitz can now be charged. When uncharged it does less damage and has less distance, while not having a recoil.

At max level it does Double Damage and Double Knockback, while doing 3x as much recoil and even Knocking you back to even kill you if used too recklessly.

- :4lucario:

- Same as Brawl-

Also is a Mixture of PM as well, can use the Spirit Bomb, the Shoryuken, and Tatsumaki.

- :4jigglypuff:
- Same as Brawl-

- :4greninja:
Greninja now shoots Two Shuriken, The charge speed is faster, but the charge time is the same, this is because once the First Shuriken is charged, the second one begins charging.

Greninja can now Dash and Jump while charging Shadow Sneak, which also now does more Damage now.

Down-B now becomes Astonish, where Greninja summons a Substitute, And moves around as a Shadow, if you attempt to attack, you reappear. You can dash, but Jumping is not an option. You get 5 seconds as a Shadow, once time's up you reappear in a shield break state. So make it count!

You get Three movements with Hydro Pump. Which does damage now.

Hydro Pump has no Special Stun when used from the ground or on walls, Yes, Greninja can use this move on walls.

Greninja's fallspeed increases when UAiring, BAiring, and DAiring. FAir momentum can be controlled in Mid-air.

Last edited:

ScarletShepherd24M

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.22

- :rosalina:
Rosa can summon 2 Lumas at once with Down-B.
Lumas attack at any time, no matter what.
Lumas act like Nana, and can Grab. Which can lead to some Chain-Grabs.
Luma's respawn instantly.
Speed is increased, Luma's get double speed.

:crazy:.............
Holy crap, even speaking as a rosa main, modding these things unto her would be terrifying and completely unfair. When she was announced I was really hoping the luma couldn't grab/shield/spotdodge like nana. It's good enough without those. Let alone how overpowered each of the other improvements are. I honestly don't really know the standards for this kind of hack, but If I had to vote I'd probably say

NO WAY IN HELL AM i LETTING THIS HAPPEN!

Last edited:

Kai4life4

Smash Rookie
When posting, please do not use such a large font for your entire post.
My bad, this is one of my first threads.

:crazy:.............
Holy crap, even speaking as a rosa main, modding these things unto her would be terrifying and completely unfair. When she was announced I was really hoping the luma couldn't grab/shield/spotdodge like nana. It's good enough without those. Let alone how overpowered each of the other improvements are. I honestly don't really know the standards for this kind of hack, but If I had to vote I'd probably say

NO WAY IN HELL AM i LETTING THIS HAPPEN!

Oh I know how broken it is. I meant that Luma can just grab. She's still as op as the other characters. Don't forget all Brawl Veterans keep their Brawl- changes. (With some exceptions.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom