• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wireframe - Revision 3 - Please Comment!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I am very confused.

So the homepage for Smash World Forums, isn't going to have the forums listed? I'm not a fan of the isolated floating boxes design either but again, I don't know what page this is going to be for.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
What are "they"? I understand what the layout will be, what I don't understand is what pages they're for or why this is being done when there's no problem navigating the forums as they are currently.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Just gonna give my 2 cents based on what my professor said, (I had an assignment where I had to recolor a website to influence the mood of visitors, he liked what I did with this site), and offer my input on a possible skin:

[collapse=Before]

[/collapse]
[collapse=After]

[/collapse]

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Having the ability to cycle through 64/Melee/Brawl/Smash 4 PRs, calendars, news, video uploads, etc., instead of having them all conglomerated in the same space would make for some great organization. This could be made easier by making it a requirement to "tag" the players' main games, tournaments, news, video uploads, etc., which the system would then sort them to the appropriate category.

Giving certain group membership from each game the ability to post news would make it easier for us to publish tier list/MU chart/ruleset updates/videos/whatever as they come along. This would have to be appointed by the heads of the group memberships so as to not bug the admins about every little change we need to do within each group (especially the backrooms, which are constantly having members appointed for different things, and projects started/finished).

Ah! Give thread OPs the ability to modify/delete their polls, and mods the ability to modify/delete all polls within their respective forums. I don't know if this has been fixed already, but from last I remember, this was an annoyance for both the staff and normal members of the website.

I'll think about more suggestions eventually, but those are what i can think of right now.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Quick question:

Unless XenoForo has it's own Wireframing, I am actually curious as to what Wireframing program you used to make the mockup? I am currently working on a project of my own for my new site, and would like to lay it out more other then drawn mockups that I have. You layout looks clean to, I don't really have any real complaints about it. Good job!

Top Bottom