• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WIP] Melee43DS - Super Smash Bros. Melee for Nintendo 3DS (Help Wanted!)

ih8ih8sn0w

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-6052-1564
(From GBATemp, was asked to post this on here)

A work-in-progress Smash 3DS Rom Hack

TRAILER:

CURRENT PROGRESS:

Week 1: For the first week, we have assembled most of out team, and have started developing characters, changing assets, changing music, and changing sounds.
Progress is halted until after finals since pretty much everyone is busy. Development will resume in the summer.

PLANNED FEATURES:
Gameplay that is 1:1 to the original game. (Yes, Wavedashing and Multishine included.) Gameplay that is close to melee, while still having things doable on the 3ds and wii u (like PM)
Melee and Smash 4 aesthetics combined seamlessly. (Original models as a costume change, new textures, etc.)
Omega Final Destination is Melee Final Destination! (Planned, I'm not sure if I can get this to work.)
More to come! (Post your ideas in the comments!)

FAQ:
Is this emulation?- No. Can't you read?
Will this exactly be like Melee?- I'll try to make is as close as possible, while keeping many aspects of Smash 4 in tact. (Mainly graphics and characters.)
How long do you think this will take?- A while, depending on how many people help.
Do you need help?- Yes! Read below...

CREDITS:
GBATemp-
Sonic_Cee_Dee - 2D assets / GFX ideas.
nooby89 - Test Melee CSS Character Icons
Sinon - Another main menu theme (Work in progress)

HELP WANTED:

I am in fact need of help with this. Since this is such an ambitious project, I need to assemble a team of people who know and understand how Smash 4 hacking works. I need:

-2D Graphic Designers (For backgrounds, sprites, and such.)
- 3D Graphic Designers (For character models, stages, etc.)
- People very familiar with AnimCMD and Moveset hacking
- Musicians / Composers (For background music, stage music)
- A Programmer. Read this for prerequisites: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-mele...do-3ds-help-wanted.421868/page-5#post-6235898

The only help we need ATM are people who are familiar with RAM Hacking/ARM Assembly. This is subject (or not) to change, so check up later on if you are interested...

All team members must have the ability to test what they create (Hacked 3DS/N3DS, or whatever works.), and test master builds of the project. Comment down below if you are interested.

This thread specifically will probabably not be updated much. Go here for updates. http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-melee43ds-super-smash-bros-melee-for-nintendo-3ds-help-wanted.421868
Thread is dead (for now) post on here/PM me on here if you have comments, questions, etc.
-Y.2.K (AKA Guy50570)

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So, essentially, you're working on a portable version of Project M here? Pretty daring. Hope it turns out well!

Epultia

Smash Rookie
So, essentially, you're working on a portable version of Project M here? Pretty daring. Hope it turns out well!
Pretty much yeah, we want the gameplay to be 1:1 to the original melee, we even have a few custom costumes in the game. We need to learn more about the 3ds/Wii U version of smash so we can start adding more characters (I've seen some Pichu requests which I am all for but we need more info on the game before we can just go straight into adding new characters)

ElViejoZunY

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea about modding/hacking a Smash game but I don´t know how much sense it has to do it for a 3DS, I am so used to play ""hardcore"" in a home console.

In any case, I hope you can make this work.

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
hmm, interesting. i'm definitely following this
though if this is Melee for 3ds instead of something like PM then maybe having all the characters look like their melee counterparts in terms of textures would be a smarter idea and it'll be interesting to see newcomers in the melee style

EDIT: also would the menu be much more like melee for example
instead of this

it would look like this

Last edited:

Epultia

Smash Rookie
hmm, interesting. i'm definitely following this
though if this is Melee for 3ds instead of something like PM then maybe having all the characters look like their melee counterparts in terms of textures would be a smarter idea and it'll be interesting to see newcomers in the melee style

EDIT: also would the menu be much more like melee for example
instead of this

it would look like this
That is what we are trying to do at the moment, we are currently looking for the menu files though

AppleSmash

Smash Rookie
Seems nice, I wanna see what this looks like when it's finished. (or atleast in a first version!)

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
That is what we are trying to do at the moment, we are currently looking for the menu files though
Awesome :D was never really a fan of the menus in the 3ds game

Last edited:

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
This is interesting to say the least. The biggest flaw is that it is impossible for this to really ever climb to the ranks of Pm or smash 4 or any console game as it is a handheld, with flawed controls compared to the console.

ih8ih8sn0w

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-6052-1564
This is interesting to say the least. The biggest flaw is that it is impossible for this to really ever climb to the ranks of Pm or smash 4 or any console game as it is a handheld, with flawed controls compared to the console.
We are planning on doing the same for Wii U if there ever is an exploit usable to the public and something similar to SaltySD for the Wii u. This is not promised though

PythonHaunter

Smash Rookie
Hi mate, i want to create some sprites but i have a question first, ¿are you going to keep the original ssb4 characters or only melee characters?, thanks.

ih8ih8sn0w

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-6052-1564
Hi mate, i want to create some sprites but i have a question first, ¿are you going to keep the original ssb4 characters or only melee characters?, thanks.
We are going to be treating this more like PM. (the title was just a WIP) If you are going to create sprites, I recommend that you contact Guy50570 on GBATemp, but I think all we are looking for at the moment are related to ROM/RAM editors/dataminers/whatever else you want to call it

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
So you're heading towards 1:1 gameplay with Melee, what about balancing? Are you gonna try and balance the Smash 4 cast like Project M or are you gonna keep Melee's "balancing" and adjust newcomers as you see fit (Bottom-tier Kirby included)?

ih8ih8sn0w

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-6052-1564
So you're heading towards 1:1 gameplay with Melee, what about balancing? Are you gonna try and balance the Smash 4 cast like Project M or are you gonna keep Melee's "balancing" and adjust newcomers as you see fit (Bottom-tier Kirby included)?
This has been decided that the hack will just introduce the melee mechanics, and keep as much of smash 4 intact as possible

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I've got a few things to say, but first, this is very interesting and I'd love to see how this game turns out, and would be willing to even beta test it whenever it comes time (and I have the money).

I am actually very decent with graphic design, as I can do some good smoke-like effects and thunder effects via Paint Tool SAI; I normally do digital art of my own characters, but I would be willing to do some special elemental effects for the game.

But hey, if you don't need me for any graphic design, I actually do have a few suggestions, such as character suggestion, Graphic Specific Suggestions and even Balancing on various Characters, so that the game can at least be more fair.

Leon_S._Kennedy.png
I'm not kidding either. I'd like to at least suggest Leon S. Kennedy for the mod solely due to no horror representation in Super Smash Bros. as of yet. I'd like to see Leon as an addition for this game early on if it's even doable. This is a dream character I have had for it, and I'm at least hoping that he could get in as the first mod-exclusive character, if it's at all possible.

-When a Screen KO happens, any character hitting it causes the screen the shatter like glass. On the last stock, the glass and character falls down, leading into the win screen. This is the same concept I'll use in Chronocide.
-In a very heavy hit, have the camera zoom in should an opponent be hit with a guaranteed KO hit, like a Reverse Warlock Punch at 10% or Bowser's F-Smash KO damages. It's akin to the KO Punch and Cloud's Limits.
-When Rage comes in, have static electricity slowly grow depending on damage.

I'll be posting all of the character balance ideas in a super post (spoilered of course), which will be quite a read to look at.

I hope you take it into consideration.

Last edited:

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
This is really cool and I'm excited for it. Do you guys have any videos of the wavedashing or anything like that?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Alright, if you are in need of any balancing ideas, I do have a few things to offer in terms of the ideas for balance for the characters. Now I will be updating these if I don't have time to bring them into fruition completely, so please be aware that I'm just working hard on the thoughts of how balance could go, and I'd love to see it like that. I hope that you reply to my last comment about wanting to work with graphics for the game if they are necessary, and I hope that I may even be accepted (if you ask for what I work on I will show).

Now, onto the balancing ideas, shall we? Not all characters are going to be up in one go, just to be clear. I'll post some of the more emphasized ones that I can think of. If balancing isn't an issue (why would it be?), then hear me out:

How this works is that I'm going to be posting Character Attributes, Jab, Dash, Tilts, Smashes, Throws, Aerials and Specials in that order for characters. Please take into note that if startup is increased or decreases and there's no change to the hitbox duration amount, the hitbox duration is the same.

Overall, Mario is a character who needs relatively few nerfs to him, but the most prominent changes needed are as follows:

-U-Tilt Damage Decreased: 5% => 4%
-U-Tilt Knockback Growth Increase: 130 => 150
-U-Tilt FAF Increased: 30 => 39
-N-Air Startup Frames Increased: 3 => 5

Bowser is a very powerful character, being a considerably great tiered character. He deserves a minimum amount of buffs and nerfs to at least balance himself out more consistently than ever.

-Weight Increased: 130 => 138
-Run Speed Decreased: 1.792 => 1.712
-Jumpsquat Frames Decreased: 8 => 6
-U-Air FAF Decreased: 45 => 43
-U-Air Autocancel Shifted: 40> => 31>
-U-Air Damage Decreased: 15% => 14%

The Hyrule Hero has been introduced in this game as an already-decent character, but he can be improved further to make him even more viable than what he is currently:

-Running Speed Increased: 1.39 to 1.85
-Aerial Lateral Speed Increased: 0.88 to 1.15
-Jab Startup Frames Decreased: 7 => 6
-Dash Attack Startup Frames Decreased: 20 => 16
-Dash Attack Damage Decreased: 14/13/12 => 13/12/11
-F-Tilt Startup Frames Decreased: 15 => 12
-F-Tilt Attack Damage Decreased: 13% => 12%
-U-Tilt Startup Frames Decreased: 8 => 6
-U-Tilt FAF Decreased: 36 => 28
-U-Tilt Hitbox Y Position Moved Up by 0.5 Units.
-D-Tilt Startup Frames Decreased: 11 => 9
-F-Smash Hit 1 Regains Melee/Brawl Hitbox.
-F-Smash Hit 2 FAF Decreased: 68 => 52
-U-Smash Startup Frames Decreased: 10 => 8
-U-Smash FAF Decreased: 78 => 70
-D-Smash Startup Decreased: 8 => 4
-Standing Grab Frames Decreased: 12 => 8
-Dash Grab Frames Decreased: 14 => 10
-Pivot Grab Frames Decreased: 15 => 11
-All Grab FAF Changed to 52.
-F-Throw Damage Increased: 7% => 9%
-B-Throw Damage Increased: 7% => 10%
-B-Throw KBG Heavily Increased: 110 => 180
-U-Throw KBG Heavily Increased: 230 => 360
-D-Throw no longer Weight Dependant.
-D-Throw KBG Decreased: 85 => 75
-N-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 7 => 4
-F-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 14 => 12
-B-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 6 => 5
-B-Air Damage Increased: 8% => 11%
-U-Air Hitbox Y Position Moved Up by 0.5 Units
-D-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 14 => 12
-D-Air Meteor Hitbox Removed, Replaced with Brawl Hitbox.
-D-Air Hitbox Damages (Very Early, Early, Late, Second Bounce) Changed: 15/18/15/11 => 22/19/17/12
-Z-Air Damage Increased: 6% => 9%
-Hero's Bow Startup Frames Decreased: 18 => 14
-Gale Boomerang Startup Frames Heavily Decreased: 27 => 18
-All Boomerang Customs Startup Frames are Heavily Decreased.
-Spin Attack Uncharged Startup Frames Decreased: 8 => 6
-Spin Attack Uncharged Damage Increased Overall by 2%
-Spin Attack Aerial Vertical Distance Increased.
-Bomb Automatic Detonation Frames Increased Substantially: 220 => 600

Optional:
-B-Air turned from Double Kick into a Sword Swipe Behind Link.
-B-Air Startup Frames Increased: 6 => 10
-B-Air Damage Increased: 8% => 13%
-B-Air KBG Increased: 70 => 140

The mighty Ganondorf has had no luck in the legitimate Smash titles, but how about this time around, we give him a fresh new style and make him significantly better than last time, ey? The King of Evil deserves to be evil.

-Run Animation Changed to have his arms behind him, his hands opened menacingly as his legs run in the same way as Sheik, or dashing like M. Bison from Street Fighter V.
-Weight Increased: 113 => 128
-Run Speed Increased: 1.218 => 1.412
-Walk Speed Increased: 0.73 => 0.81
-Aerial Speed Increased: 0.79 => 0.91
-Jab Startup Frames Decreased: 7 => 5
-Jab FAF Decreased: 29 => 23
-Dash Attack FAF Decreased: 38 => 33
-F-Tilt Startup Frames Decreased: 10 => 7
-F-Tilt Damage Decreased: 13/12/12 => 11/10/10
-U-Tilt Hitbox Startup Frames Decreased: 80 => 74
-D-Tilt FAF Decreased: 36 => 29
-F-Smash Startup Frames Decreased: 21 => 18
-U-Smash Startup Frames Decreased: 21 => 14
-U-Smash FAF Decreased: 42 => 35
-U-Smash Damage Decreased: 24/21 => 21/18
-D-Smash Startup Frames Decreased: 15 => 12
-D-Smash FAF Decreased: 64 => 55
-D-Smash's First Hit should link into the second hit, no matter where the opponent's hit.
-Standing Grab Hitbox X Position Moved Forward by 1 Unit
-Dash Grab Hitbox X Position Moved Forward by 1.5 Units
-Pivot Grab Hitbox X Position Translated 0.5 Units Away from Ganondorf.
-F-Throw Damage Increased: 13% => 15%
-F-Throw KBG Increased Drastically: 65 => 145
-B-Throw BKB Increased: 30 => 90
-B-Throw KBG Increased: 130 => 170
-U-Throw BKB Decreased: 70 => 50
-U-Throw KBG Decreased: 105 => 85
-D-Throw is no longer weight dependent.
-D-Throw Angle Changed: 65 Degrees => 85 Degrees
-D-Throw KBG Decreased: 50 => 40
-F-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 14 => 12
-F-Air Landing Lag Frames Decreased: 22 => 18
-F-Air Autocancel Frames Moved: 55 => 36
-D-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 16 => 14
-D-Air Damage Increased: 19/17 => 22/20
-Warlock Punch Startup Frames Decreased: 70 => 60
-Reverse Warlock Punch Startup Frames Decreased: 80 => 70
-Warlock Punch FAF Decreased: 118 => 108
-Reverse Warlock Punch FAF Decreased: 128 => 108
-Warlock Punch Damages Increased (Grounded and Aerial): 30/38 => 32/40
-Reverse Warlock Punch Damages Increased: 38/40 => 40/45
-Warlock Punch BKB Increased: 120 => 150
-Reverse Warlock Punch KBG Increased: 100 => 180
-Aerial Reverse Warlock Punch BKB Heavily Increased: 40 => 1000
-Aerial Reverse Warlock Punch KBG Heavily Increased: 100 => 1500
-Flame Choke Lateral Distance Increased by 10%
-Flame Choke Aerial Lateral Distance Increased by 30%
-Dark Dive Lateral Distance Increased by 5%
-Dark Dive Vertical Distance Increased by 10%

As a little explanation of why Aerial Reverse Warlock Punch is receiving such an immense knockback increased is only due to how hard it is for Ganondorf to even hit the attack in the first place. So yes, if Ganondorf does hit with this attack, the opponent is going to be one-shot.

Optional:
Now these are optional whenever it's due time, but here are some suggestions:

-D-Smash animation changed from the two kick attack to a single kick that turns a complete 270 degrees, having the same effect as the old animation.
-F-Air animation changed from the fist animation to another kick animation, only that it's like Zelda's thunder kick at the end of the attack.
-F-Air now has an added sweetspot hitbox, making damages now: 17/18 => 17/18/20
-F-Air sweetspot hitbox BKB: 45
-F-Air sweetspot hitbox KBG: 120
-B-Air also changed into a kicking move, adding more reach to the move entirely whilst retaining somewhat of the same hitboxes as the old one.

Fox, the character who somehow always stays in top tier positions in the games will finally get himself balanced out in this mod...hopefully.

-Jumpsquat Frames Increased: 4 => 5
-Falling Speed Increased: 2.05 => 2.30
-Fast Falling Speed Increased: 3.28 => 3.54
-Dash Attack Early Startup Frames Increased: 4 => 6
-U-Tilt Startup Frames Increased: 3 => 4
-U-Tilt FAF Increased: 28 => 33
-U-Tilt Damage Increased: 9/7/6/6 => 10/9/7/7
-U-Smash KBG Decreased: 94 => 70
-B-Air Autocancels Later at Frame 34.
-B-Air Landing Lag Increased: 15 => 19
-Fox Illusion sends Fox into helpless state.

Falco Lombardi, a grand jumping character who is in need of a new type of style to fight now. Will he get it if my suggestions actually go through with everything? Let's see if you'll like these:

-Weight Increased: 82 => 90
-Running Speed Increased: 1.472 => 1.675
-Walk Speed Increased: 1.28 => 1.34
-Air Speed Increased: 0.93 => 0.99
-Fall Speed Decreased: 1.8 => 1.65
-Jumpsquat Frames Decreased: 6 => 4
-D-Tilt Startup Frames Decreased: 7 => 6
-F-Smash Startup Frames Decreased: 17 => 14
-F-Smash Damage Decreased: 15% => 13%
-Standing Grab Startup Frames Decreased: 8 => 6
-Dash Grab Startup Frames Decreased: 10 => 7
-Pivot Grab Startup Frames Decreased: 11 => 8
-F-Throw BKB Increased: 35 => 75
-B-Throw Angle Decreased: 35, 50 => 30, 40
-U-Throw Throw Angle Changed: 94 => 90
-U-Throw KBG (Throw and Shot) Decreased: 100/80 => 80/70
-D-Throw KBG Decreased: 110 => 80
-N-Air animation and hitboxes changed to cover Falco in a circular form.
-F-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 10 => 8
-B-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 4 => 2
-U-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 7 => 5
-D-Air Startup Frames Decreased: 16 => 9
-Blaster Grounded FAF Decreased: 59 => 38
-Blaster Aerial FAF Decreased: 50 => 30
-Blaster Aerial Autocancels when Falco lands.
-Falco Phantasm Active Hitbox Frames Changed: 18-22 => 14-28

The considered champion of Smash 4, Cloud's been getting hype lately...if this mod does anything to balance a character out, he'll need a lot of balance to keep him in check.

-Weight Increased: 100 => 113
-Run Speed Decreased: 1.97 => 1.90
-Limit Break Run Speed Decreased: 2.167 => 2.0
-Limit Break Gravity Increased: 0.1078 => 0.1198
-Limit Break Air Speed Decreased: 1.32 => 1.28
-U-Tilt Frames Increased: 6 => 8
-D-Tilt Startup Frames Increased: 7 => 8
-F-Smash Hitbox Frames Shifted Altogether: 19-24-28 => 22-27-31
-U-Smash Startup Frames Increased: 15 => 17
-U-Throw BKB Decreased: 78 => 50
-U-Throw KBG Decreased: 97 => 55
-D-Throw BKB Increased: 40 => 50
-D-Throw KBG Increased: 110 => 120
-N-Air Startup Frames Increased: 5 => 8
-N-Air Total Hitbox Frames Shifted, Ending Frames Decreased: 5-15 => 8-13
-U-Air Startup Frames Increased: 7 => 10
-U-Air Damage Decreased: 12% => 10%
-Limit Break Charge Heavily Increased: 6.7 Seconds => 18.0 Seconds
-Damage To Deal Percent for Limit Decreased: 250% => 200%
-Damage To Take Percent for Limit Increased: 100% => 170%
-Limit Blade Beam Startup Frames Decreased: 16 => 11
-Limit Cross Slash Startup Frames Decreased: 10 => 4
-Limit Cross Slash Damage Increased: 26% => 32%
-Limit Cross Slash KBG Increased: 153 => 223
-Limit Climhazzard Startup Frames Decreased: 7 => 5
-Limit Climhazzard KBG Increased: 100 => 140
-Finishing Touch Startup Frames Decreased: 16 => 11
-Finishing Touch Grounded KBG Increased: 417 => 1940
-Finishing Touch Aerial KBG Increased: 359 => 1341

Now in order to compensate for the Limit Charge nerfing, all of the limit breaks were immensely buffed, so much so that Finishing Touch's KBG has been increased to the point where it can KO at at least around 10%, since these moves are meant to be very powerful. If you thought Ganondorf's KBG change was ludicrous, look at Cloud.

Now to quell people claiming that she's overpowering, how about we give her something to really deal about? Now this refers mainly to damage output, some frame data and mainly her stats.

-Weight Decreased: 84 => 78
-Run Speed Decreased: 1.6 => 1.45
-Air Speed Decreased: 0.97 => 0.90
-Fall Speed Increased: 1.77 => 1.85
-Fast Fall Speed Increased: 2.832 => 3.1
-Gravity Increased: 0.012 => 0.014
-D-Tilt Startup Frames Increased: 7 => 9
-D-Tilt FAF Increased: 26 => 32
-N-Air Startup Frames Increased: 9 => 11
-Heel Slide Grounded Startup Frames Increased: 15 => 19
-Afterburner Kick Startup Frames Increased: 7 => 9
-Witch Twist Grounded Startup Frames Increased: 4 => 8
-Witch Time Counter Startup Frames Increased: 5 => 8
-Witch Time FAF Increased: 50 => 58

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Hey, this looks cool. May I make up mashed up announcer calls with the Melee announcer? I can do all the SSB3DS fighters for you. :)

Thanks.

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
I'd say before you start making adjustments to characters, see how the characters simply play out in the melee engine. That way you have a much more educated response to problems.

WuBoytH

Smash Rookie
I hope the team can consider my ideas for changes on characters so far.
Hi, I'm the announcer for the mod, and here's a small little update;
Right now, there's not much we're doing since most of the team is in college and are studying for finals. We'll continue development later on, probably when summer starts.
Radical Larry (or should I say Marluxia in disguise), we would take into account the balance ideas you have, but as said above, there's not much we're doing at the moment, and when we get back to work we'll probably we working on directional air-dodging and other mechanics first.
I'm trying to get into moveset hacking, so if there's anything you want me to try out just PM me or something with more ideas and I'll see how things go.
EDIT: I saw your previous post about adding Leon S. Kennedy and the graphic edits. Adding characters is beyond us right now, and the graphic effects are a whole different issue all together (making the graphics, adding code to set their placement in a 3D space, it's all waaaaaaaaay over our heads.

Last edited:

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
I really hope you can get the mod off the ground and the engine working before you start worry about balancing or any of the extras. That being said, time to be a hypocrite. The driving force behind project m was to bring melee to a newer age, with better balancing. Or, at least that's what I perceive it as. So whats the point behind THIS project? It can't be what project M had; project m has already done that and it would b hard to handle it with such a large roster size. Besides that there's the problem of DLC characters: Nintendo could shoot you down easily if you give out the DLC free with the mod. Despite al these worries I honestly hope this project is accomplished and the end result is amazing. So keep working at college, and keep working on the project. Good luck.

ih8ih8sn0w

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-6052-1564
I really hope you can get the mod off the ground and the engine working before you start worry about balancing or any of the extras. That being said, time to be a hypocrite. The driving force behind project m was to bring melee to a newer age, with better balancing. Or, at least that's what I perceive it as. So whats the point behind THIS project? It can't be what project M had; project m has already done that and it would b hard to handle it with such a large roster size. Besides that there's the problem of DLC characters: Nintendo could shoot you down easily if you give out the DLC free with the mod. Despite al these worries I honestly hope this project is accomplished and the end result is amazing. So keep working at college, and keep working on the project. Good luck.
As far as we know, you still need to buy the DLC in order for the characters to be playable. Of course, there are other ways to get the dlc, which we do not support in any way. As for the point in our project, we are trying to produce something similar to what PM had, with bringing back mechanics, and balancing characters. We do not intend (or really want to) become as big as PM, and we cannot really become that big because Wii u/3DS hacking isn't as easy as the Wii is.

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
As far as we know, you still need to buy the DLC in order for the characters to be playable. Of course, there are other ways to get the dlc, which we do not support in any way. As for the point in our project, we are trying to produce something similar to what PM had, with bringing back mechanics, and balancing characters. We do not intend (or really want to) become as big as PM, and we cannot really become that big because Wii u/3DS hacking isn't as easy as the Wii is.
That answers most of my questions. Thank you for responding.

timX24968B

Smash Rookie
glad to see that progress is still being made on this.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
We are planning on doing the same for Wii U if there ever is an exploit usable to the public and something similar to SaltySD for the Wii u. This is not promised though
Well, an easily accessible exploit just came out recently...

WuBoytH

Smash Rookie
Well, an easily accessible exploit just came out recently...
We know, and we will get to work on it. However, we'll most likely prioritize the 3DS version of the game since more work has been put into that version as of now.

timX24968B

Smash Rookie
any update on the project? I really want to see this come through

Last edited:
Are you guys going to be buffing low tiers, or leaving the game 100% as is?
If you are, you shouldn't touch the Top 8, but get all of the low tiers up to the level of Samus or C. Falc.

Top Bottom