• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone,

First off I would like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to everyone who came out to Winterfest 2009. We had people from all around the world show; Canada, Brazil, and a good percentage of people in the States came. Unfortunately the turn out of attendance wasnt even half of what was expected. Many factors played a huge roll in this; Holidays season (Christmas time especially), the NES NOOB Memorial event, and other random causes that affect every event. With that being said. I would like to SINCERELY APOLOGIZE to all the winners of Winterfest 2009 who did not receive their full payment for the winnings. It was a mistake that Frames and I made that WILL NOT happen again. The pots for each game were guaranteed, but not based on attendance. There were several other crucial mistakes that I made that could have made this event much smoother and financially successful. On the other hand, as far as event matters, I believe everyone was happy with the way it was ran, how fast and smooth it was and all the fun times and things we tried our best to provide.

So heres the deal...

The VSA could not provide full payment of prizes at the present time of Winterfest. So we basically cut the prizes in half and we are now going wire the prize money electronically to all the winners. I spoke to each and every winner individually and as a group. I understand everyones dissapointment, but it was just as hard for me to tell you guys as it was t hear the news. I have spent countless hours and devoted a lot to this event. So again, My sincere apologies to everyone. Thos are mistakes that I have clearly learned from. I have taken everyones information and guaranteed everyones full payment for there efforts and success at Winterfest 2009. TRUST, THE MONEY WILL COME. Hungrybox and I will be host some smaller events to raise money to help pay back the winners as well as money from my personal finances will be at stake as well.

I just want everyone to know what happened. I will keep everyone updated on the payment issue so I can once again instore your trust in me and the VSA. To those winners, you kow who you are, I will be contacting you very soon. I have a lot of things to take care of right now but you guys are my main priority. Please keep supporting us and we will assure you a mistake like this will NOT happen again.

Thanks & I love all of you,

p.s. I would like everyones feedback on the situation. Please if you have an opinion, DO NOT BE RUDE, say what you think repsectfully and I will answer any questions and provide any information that you ask for :)

mnitg

Now on a better note...

RESULTS

Melee Singles
1. Mango
2. HungryBox
3. Mew2King
4. Chaddd
5. DJ Nintendo
5. Jman
7. Scrach8
7. QDVS
9. HrNut
9. UUAA
9. Rice
9. Full Metal
13. Green Mario
13. G$
13. Linguini
13. Blea Gelo

Melee Doubles
These results have been lost in the matrix for some odd reason. I am currently searching for them and they will be posted soon, Thanks!

Brawl Singles
1. Mew2King
2. Seibrik
3. CO18
4. Ultimate Razor
5. Gnes
5. Lee Martin
7. HrNut
7. Ally
9. Chaz
9. Nick Riddle
9. Kismet
9. Mero
13. Shaky
13. BigLou
13. Masky
13. GDX
17. Kyon
17. Dfat

Brawl Doubles
1. Mew2King + Ally
2. Gnes + Ultimate Razor
3. Dfat + Lee Martin
4. Shaky + Nick Riddle
5. MK18 + CO18
5. Seibrik + Chaz
7. Red Halburg + Mampam
9. HungryBox + Kyon
9. Ghatzu + Sandtru
9. Masky + Lio
9. Kismet + BigLou
13. Tekk + Kith
13. Razek + Fearless
13. DewDaDash + Sheikssbm
13. Serg + Bonesaw

Frames

DI
Everyone hype this up!!

This is gonna be a great event I promise no expense has been spared!

*reserved for updates

edit:

MY 2000th post was for this tournament!! (this is like my 5th 2000th post because dumb mods keep moving threads and i lose posts lol)

J03

Smash Master
sick idea on the free housing and entrance for europeans, i imagine the same rule in reverse will apply for euro tourneys =)

EDIT: this however is stupid 'Wobbling is allowed unless both players agree to ban it if one of them is playing Ice Climbers, otherwise it may be used until 250 percent, in which case it is considered stalling the match'

mnitg

Smash Apprentice
i understand about the wobbling thing... I dont make the rules, i just organize everything!

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
Just know that you will need more time for brawl. Brawl is really defensive so naturally it takes a long time.

Finch

Smash Lord
You should put frames in the title like it was in atlantic south since he hosted FAST and he's pretty well known now in the smash community.

This is gonna be sick.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
postan',

showin' interest, looking for a ride from SFL, LOOKING AT YOU SEIBRIK. THAT'S RIGHT, I LIVE RIGHT THERE, RIDE PLEASE. :'(

Scar

#HarveyDent
/subscribing

if i can fly down with a teammate or find someone to roadtrip with then i'm def in

mnitg

Smash Apprentice
LOL ok todd u took me out of the title thats cool its not like im not running this for u or anything

Hey Sorry Frames. I meant to edit the post and put hosted by Frames... I will do it today! trust me, I know you are doing alot. I got you!

Allied

Smash Master
HATT if i'm going wanna chill like....

during all of this? lol

(most likey am going just ensuring i have off from work by 2marrow)

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Heads up!!!

Okay guys, I edited the 1st post concerning the door fee payment. Go back under the Registration subheading and check it out.

Also, FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE BRINGING SETUPS

I need to know who is bringing a setup. So from now on if you are going to this and IS bringing a setup PLEASE let me know so I can put you up on the Setup list. So pm me, message me on aim,text or call me I want to be updated as much as I can for this

uuaa's aim: thetrueuuaa

uuaa's #: 407-721-2089

mnitg's aim: mnitg18

HYPE IT UP!!

- FGuuaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom