• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winning Neutral Against Falco

Arcane_

Smash Cadet
Any advice for a beginner to deal with falco in neutral? I can punish him well but I struggle to do what I usually do in neutral against Falco. How do I deal with his lasers and get in safely?

Pauer

The Pauerful
Two easy things that work pretty well as marth:
Waveland onto sideplatform to avoid laser, then wait for them to approach and then fall through platform with fair or run off fair.
Full jump or shorthop->double jump at a good time, then threated with aerials and mix up your fast fall timings and drifts in the air.

Just playing around platforms and full jumps like that can give you simple and meaningful mixup options. The more difficult solution is to learn to wavedash out of shield after the laser. It's not always the right option of course, but it gives you many more options, since you can threaten with stuff like wavedash -> tilt or wavedash -> rising aerial right after the laser hits. Or you wavedash back to catch their overshot aerial. Once you get fast at it, you can stop a lot of braindead falco approaches like their laser -> rising aerial with wavedash ->uptilt or wavedash -> dash away ->grab.

Last edited:

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
dash dtilt and dsmash go under high lasers

mod a trigger to be hard press only for easy powershields. helps with everything including Falco lasers and bad dairs etc. gotta be good at wavedashes out of shield instantly for this to be effective

acting quickly after eating a laser is basically a less powerful powershield

Falco murders marth in the air so don't let him force you up there unless you really need a break from the pressure. let him play his game just beat him at it

Top Bottom