• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winning matches with the power of............interior decorating?? It's the Q*bert support thread!!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord

The purpose of this thread is to discuss Q*bert’s chances of joining Super Smash Bros either as a playable character or as an Assist Trophy.

The original Q*bert arcade game debuted in October 1982 and was huge critical and commercial success at the time. The concept of the game is simple, Q*bert has to complete the oddly specific task of changing the colour of the floor while avoiding hazards and monsters. There are about 8 different titles in the series including one on the Game Boy, which gives Q*bert at least some history with Nintendo. Q*bert is a character who, like Pacman, is often considered synonymous with the early history of arcade games and is frequently referenced in parts of popular culture that appeal to old school video game nostalgia. His appearance in Wreck it Ralph and Pixels are notable examples of this.

Q*bert’s biggest weakness is that the series is long past its prime, with only one title in the past decade. He also suffers from having an unconventional body shape that would be very difficult to work with as a playable character.

POSSIBLE SPECIAL MOVES

Nuetral B – Boulder: Q:bert fires a boulder (like the ones that chase him in his game) at his opponent.

Side B – Color Dash: Q:bert runs across the stage at high speed, changing the colour of the floor as he runs.

Up B – Coily jump: Q*bert uses his nemesis Coily the snake as a spring to launch himself into the air. Coily will then proceed to attack the other characters if they’re in range.

Down B – Floor makeover: Q*bert rapidly changes the colour of the floor beneath him multiple times. Characters caught on it become dazed as if they had their shields broken.

Final Smash – Avalance: Multiple boulders fall from the sky and wreak havoc on the other characters.

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Who owns the rights to Q*Bert these days? I read up on him a bit, and I'm thinking it might actually be Sony. He's really one of the very few third party characters left that makes perfect sense for Smash, now that the Belmonts are in.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Who owns the rights to Q*Bert these days? I read up on him a bit, and I'm thinking it might actually be Sony. He's really one of the very few third party characters left that makes perfect sense for Smash, now that the Belmonts are in.
Well yeah... I think it is Sony. Didn't they produce Pixels? A movie heavily based around video games which featured Q*bert as a main character, and DK as the final boss?

Top Bottom