• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no preregistering yet.

as per circuit: meh? I may give some priority to people who have points. Need to think about it.

The Ohio Circuit isn't meant to be like the MW circuit where we should expect venues to hold 50-100 people. Quite the opposite, I would expect most events in the Ohio Circuit to be 20-30 person events anyways, with a few random 50+ person events maybe. Again, we are talking 10 or so tournaments in the whole circuit.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If this ends up being Oct. 3rd, I will be unable to go. Girlfriend's birthday.

And the Woolfest!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
This question has probably been asked before, but I never really payed attention to this until I moved a lot closer to everything Ohio, but will there be alcohol served/allowed at this event?

solecalibur

Smash Master
This question has probably been asked before, but I never really payed attention to this until I moved a lot closer to everything Ohio, but will there be alcohol served/allowed at this event?
just be 21+ and dont serve them to minors just basic laws

God those wings they where so good.... Im interested in going and it was pretty crowded the last time I was there so I'd leave the cap at that

clowsui

Smash Legend
October 10th being a date for this or Springfield would be acceptable =)

Also this is really close to Buckeye Donuts. I think I just creamed my pants thinking of their apple fritters <3

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you are 21 you may have alcoholic beverages. They only serve beer though. I'd say given this the crowd at WaB is slightly older then most events, with probably 60-70% of the people being of drinking age.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah that was bogus. I guess they sorted us by our respective locations or something (Cleveland and W.S.). xP

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
You two had to play each other at TYM? That sucks... I had to play King Yoshi... It's tough when half the people there are from one region... :/

It seems like forever since I've played some draft crews... That's gotta change sometime soon... :laugh:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
AZ I'll plan on coming out to one of these when I get back to the MW this fall. Probably won't make this next one, but the one after that would be fun. (December maybe?)

clowsui

Smash Legend
@OS: I posted my request before I received a response from Arcade Legends XD;

It's really all up to Springfield/AZ >___>; I was thinking that Springfield could do a monthly on 10/10 but if you wanted a circuit opener then I'd imagine a larger venue would be nice, so the Arcade might serve that purpose very well. WaB's cap is not good for a circuit opener though...but if we can start the circuit on a different date, then w/e.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Tons of tournies on Oct. 3 (New York Tourney that's close, and like 1 or 2 others) I can't guarantee a date I can make, but I can know I can't make Oct. 3rd.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Oct 24th anyone... though I don't know what OSU game is on then (If you are wondering why this matters, you obviously have never been to Columbus on a game day)

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Definitely count me in. I live on south campus again and need to scrape off a summer's worth of rust. I'm sure that FlyingFrenchman would be interested in joining as well.

My advice is to make sure that it s on an away game weekend though since traffic will be hell otherwise.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
FYI: if/when I do schedule this, it will be around currently scheduled tournaments in the Ohio Circuit and in the MIdwest Circuit, in addition, it will not be a home OSU football game.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
By the time you figure out a suitable date for this thing that won't clash with another Ohio tourney, football season might be over anyway. :estatic:

Top Bottom