• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My issue is lasers, not reflector. AZ might have trouble with the reflector though.

TL doesn't have that good of an approach for lasers. If TL gets close, the Falco can just over b away, and repeat. I'd imagine with Lucario you could just roll.

As for having experience with Falco cause of Champ, Keitaro's is better. Champ imo is too offensive with Falco. Also, Keitaro uses his usmash : p

Champ I love you
TL's approach to lasers: walk and shield.

Repeat ad infinitum.

If he jumps, just short hop nair. It hits him out of his over-b, and even if you miss your timing it "clanks" and no one is damaged. Falco's over-b is a gimmick, so are his lasers.

It's just a problem for TL because projectiles are not the way to go against Falco (most of the time), and that's what TL does

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I just did dash to shield as an approach. I couldn't use zair well, and my aerials were risky since I could get CG'ed to 40-50 : /

Projectiles worked once in awhile, and killing was a ***** : (

judge!

Smash Ace
ooo round 2 keitaro =P lets see if u can beat meh this time XD go to champs!!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Our matches were epic @ Apex Judge until I was Brinstared by you 3rd match <3 Judge. Still pondering coming.

As for TL vs Falco, Quivo was actually doing really well as you'll see in the vids when they're up. He just needs some more Falco experience as does many states without much great Falco experience *glares @ PA*

As for Lucario vs Falco, I absolutely hate it. I kill him @ 140 and he kills me @ 70!! Grrr!!!! Good stuff though Urgent, I look forward to playing you again.

I'm not scared of MK at all, that's why I took Judged back to the same stage he beat me on @ Apex and beat him back. I'm just scared of their cps. Falco stop sding!! If I don't come to Champ's I'll be in Ohio sometime else this summer and I'll give you guys further notice next time. Otherwise, this state is fun and I'd love to come hangout and smash with you guys again :D

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Falco's typically jumping while he's firing his lasers so if we do as you say, OS, it's basically a 50/50 of "predict SH Phantasm" or "predict SH lasers." If you do an attack in attempt to punish the Phantasm, you'll get hit by the lasers and punished by a grab, jab, or boost smash. If you're waiting to powershield a laser, he could end up zipping past with Phantasm instead and starting his camping cycle on the other side of the stage. Phantasm is too quick to punish on reaction anyway. Honestly, if it were so simple to beat... then Falco wouldn't be close to being a top-tier character, heh. Beyond that, I think retaliation up close is just as tough. Falco has no landing lag from using the Blaster and the window of opportunity between getting struck by the laser or getting jabbed/grabbed out of whatever you tried to do OoS is very small.

Some CP stages are pretty good at mitigating his laser gayness too but clearly the best option isto CP Olimar and outcamp him. :estatic:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well from my personal experience with fighting Falco, is that you have to stay in his face the WHOLE match. Well I play Fox so I kinda nullify laser camping, but regardless of that fact, Falco is pretty dependant on those lasers and CG's, you take those away from him and he's almost not a problem.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
It's obviously different for every character. Sonic for example has to go for grabs to tech chases to rack up the damage. Then you have to try to mindgame his recovery by charging a dsmash that he phantasms into.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm pretty sure I just did dash to shield as an approach. I couldn't use zair well, and my aerials were risky since I could get CG'ed to 40-50 : /

Projectiles worked once in awhile, and killing was a ***** : (
You DO use zair a lot. That would be hard.

You gotta walk, not run though. Running is bad! Too laggy.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm glad I only have to adjust to lasers and reflector... CGs are kinda avoidable since Lucario is floaty enough, and I can KO him easier than he can me...

The only advice I can give off the top of my head is to ban Japes against Falco... Most of them will take you there... Did Keitaro do that against anyone? Lucario has some nice advantages on Japes though (high ceiling makes usmash less lethal, can camp middle platform really well, and the water gives us an extra killing option)...

jokey665

Smash Ace
I don't ban Japes against Falco... Every/almost every Falco I've played (admittedly not very many) has taken me there and I beat them on it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm...

last weekend could work.

I'm thinking this has to be on a date when Ohio State is having an away game (for starters I'll be going to most/all of the home games, lol).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
AZ, whenever I get back to the midwest (should be october), I'm coming to one of these.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lou: yea I can have the basement venue on saturdays since they don't use the space at all. This was actually the main reason we did WaB IV in the basement - to make sure there was enough room/to make sure it would work.

It worked. It was a bit cramped. So I'm gonna cap the event at 24 entrants. When I get a date will be when you gotta start claiming spots.

Kel

Smash Master
There is no way you can hold an Ohio circuit event and cap the number of entrants at 24.

The only way I could even see that being feasible is if it were an invitational to the top 24 placers of points for the circuit's final.

but yeah, capping entrants and circuit events aren't fair.

wakka444

Smash Ace
nooo wings and brew is wayyy to cool of a venue to just drop, the invitational idea makes sense, maybe make it worth extra points or something hell the food is bonus enough=D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The circuit thing isn't even important, it's the rivalry behind it. There's no money in it or anything, it's just kind of a way to keep vague track of different players.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
It was cramped but not completely unmanageable. I'd personally prefer the extra eight people be there and deal with the slight "crampiness." The worst part of those extra people being around isn't the space they take up, it's the pizza they eat. :p

Top Bottom