• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ITT: I can house 2 people (one gets a couch, other floor) for Friday night.

Hopefully Q can house 2 people as well and that will cover your whole car (4 people, right?).

If not...Lou, could you handle one person on your floor, lol?

lou4222

Smash Lord
Unfortunately probably not, because im moving out the next day and my room is a mess with stuff everywhere and Ill have no carpet which means the floor is cold and theres no way someone would be able to sleep on it. Normally id be down, but theres no way with me moving out on Sunday unfortunately.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'll probably be breaking out my MK a little (just to see if he's tourney ready yet)... I've been doing better in friendlies with MK than I have been against the same people with Lucario... Of course, I don't know what that means until I use him in a tourney match or two...

I'm trying to figure out how I can cut down on your driving time, ITT... Would it help if you picked us both up at King Yoshi's? Also, I might team up with him... We're working on teaming up since we're both always struggling to find partners, and I think it could work really well...

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'll probably be breaking out my MK a little (just to see if he's tourney ready yet)... I've been doing better in friendlies with MK than I have been against the same people with Lucario... Of course, I don't know what that means until I use him in a tourney match or two...

I'm trying to figure out how I can cut down on your driving time, ITT... Would it help if you picked us both up at King Yoshi's? Also, I might team up with him... We're working on teaming up since we're both always struggling to find partners, and I think it could work really well...
Ya, driving to king yoshi's would save me some time. I'm fine with leaving king yoshi's right after he gets to work (like 10:30) We'd be getting to Columbus around 12:30-1 in the A.M. (ugh) but I think It'd be better than having to wake up super early.

If you and King Yoshi were planning on teaming already that's fine.

That leaves me open for a teammate. Who needs an epic damage dealer/stock tanker?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm fine if you guys come in at 1am. Just don't expect me to be staying up after you guys get in (aka go to sleep, rofl).

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
OK sounds good, I'll check with everyone and see if they're okay with that. I just hate having to get up super freakin early to drive for 3-4 hours to go to a tourney.

Also, who needs a teammate?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm gonna talk to Bead Thursday night... He might be interested in joining us for this and/or the Midwest champs... Are you coming this week, ITT?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Ya, probly. I'll see if Riddler wants to come too. I'll probly stop by the gamehouse before and see if zareidriel or brandon want to go.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You guys are lucky that Cincinnati isn't coming to take your money.

As a side note, Q probably isn't coming Friday...so what about you, AZ?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just a reminder: we are in the BASEMENT this time. So, yea, the basement. Also if anyone can bring a fan that would help. Part of the reason we are in the basement is that it is cooler (the other reason is we have more space). But I still haven't been down there with 30 people so its hard to tell what its gonna be like. Also, it is a basement, don't expect anything spectacular. They have some stuff stored down there is hands OFF. Do not mess up anything they have unless you don't wanna come to any future wings and brews. There will be an (industrial) air purifier downstairs as well (or so I am told).

That said:
They will be bring Pizza's down every hour/half hour until 5PM as part of your meal fee. It is ALL you can eat up until 5PM, after that no more pizza (like 80-90% of people in the past just got pizza anyways and didn't even finish it). They will also bring down some wings I'm told, assuming there is sufficient interest in that.
Fountain drinks are again infinite refills all day long. They will bring down pitchers of soda (please be careful and do not spill) and set that out on the table. You will have a cup for the day.

I'm excited to see how the basement works out. The only difficulty will be getting TV's down their stairs. Know ahead of time that it is a close fit and take your time, ask for help.

REMEMBER TO BRING SET UPS I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY SET UPS WE ARE GETTING FOR THIS EVENT!!!

I'm hoping for 10 set ups. The room we have we can confortably fit 10 (unlike just being upstairs where we can only fit about 6 comfortably).

Also, once again, thank god we use Wii's, because we will be hooking everything up via 2, maybe 3 power outlets (ROFL). The previous 3 WaB's we hooked everything up on just 2 power outlets as well and had no problems.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
rofl at Q. I'm sure we can find someone. I don't know if we need or can even fit the fans in though, considering the number of power plugs is limited. I don't wanna strain anything to badly. Assuming 2 outlets (4 plugins) are used to run the 10 stations, I think there is 1 extra outlet (2 plug ins) in the "dining" room that we will have where we can plug fans/where the industrial air purifier will be.

BBoy: bring anything you can just in case we need it, you never know.

Teh Future

Smash Master
So I want STL to come to one of these because it sounds yummy and I want to play a bunch of people. AZ do you know when the next one will be after the one this weekend, or if there will even be anotha one any time soon?

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'm guessing the next one won't be until Fall (assuming AZ goes back to Maryland for the summer).

I decided that I am going to come for doubles, I'll bring a full setup with recording equipment.

Someone pick up Framerate so I have a partner!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Framerate, you need a ride? hit me up, where you at? Y'all know I'm the drivingest ***** this side of ohio. Okay, I can't type like that anymore. Srsly though, if you need a ride send me a PM, we're leaving tonight at like... late

Top Bottom