• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Q, get out here for not coming, u and ur girlfriend johns

and Schwaumlaut, i got taken out by AZ(Diddy(Very Very Close Matches 2-1)) and by Champ ( By not playing serious 2-0( Also went Ike the second match, if u need that for ur info))

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I got half my revenge. I wanted to beat OS's MK, so that was what I prepared to do this tournament. Unfortunately, ROB I was unprepared for (I think I've played against ROB a total of...10 times in the last month, 9 of those games being against Overswarm last night, the other one was against Pops last weekend-other then that no ROB practice :( ).

Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7404423#post7404423

Full results to be posted later today.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I gave Fonz the win, he look pretty sad at not placing well in th tournament so I though I would do something to nice to cheer him up that day...god kais

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Fancy snake got pwned by Cake's *** bounce technique
thanks Infern thats appreciated, it was definitely a sand bag not the fact that wolf pwns Silly ikes

Hence

Smash Ace
I got half my revenge. I wanted to beat OS's MK, so that was what I prepared to do this tournament. Unfortunately, ROB I was unprepared for (I think I've played against ROB a total of...10 times in the last month, 9 of those games being against Overswarm last night, the other one was against Pops last weekend-other then that no ROB practice :( ).
Didn't you lose to HolyNightmare on the AiB ladder?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Didn't you lose to HolyNightmare on the AiB ladder?
Yeah, I also played Smash64's Diddy. He doesn't play Diddy, and HolyNightmare was on wifi. Neither help much. =P

Besides, you don't get much defensive ROB practice, at least not with my style. I'm the only ROB that plays like I do. Some TRY, but I'm the only one that does it forever, even when I don't need to. AZ stepped it up this tournament, so I had to throw him a curveball.

shoutouts or whatever in results thread

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh snap, yea, I did lose to Holy Nightmare on AiB. So, I guess that makes...12 games versus ROB in the last month.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, ROB I was unprepared for (I think I've played against ROB a total of...10 times in the last month, 9 of those games being against Overswarm last night, the other one was against Pops last weekend-other then that no ROB practice :( )
Hey don't forget me :mad:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
can't go on the 13th. :[

Weekend before is open, weekend after is circuit, and this weekend WOULD have been WaB... but I have to take the Praxis. Sad. :[

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wings and brew season I championship: June 13ths.

No more caps. No more wait lists. God Kais all are welcome.

1st post updated with rankings.

Hence

Smash Ace
AZ, would this tournament have two brackets like most other conference championship tournies?
Like, amature and pro brackets.

Top whatever in the amature bracket are seeded into the pro bracket.

Explain how this tournament will be different from the others. :p

Hence

Smash Ace
It'd be the last for a while?
That's not exactly what I meant, OS.

So the championship is a tournament like any other, but for some reason the winner of this tournament gets the money that was taken out of each of the other tournament's pots? I'd think the ranking system would have some importance pertaning to the tournament championship.

:037:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There was no money taken from pots. I wanted to, but forgot. So this event basically represents a break between tournaments (the series will start back up again in the fall).

As per points: they are used to seed pools. However I am tempted to have the top 8 sit in a bracket already, and then the 8 pools of (likely) 4-5 players with top 2 advancing to a 24 person bracket (aka 16 from pools + the top 8 people in points). Pools will likewise be seeded based on points, which should make the fights to see who makes it out of pools quite interesting/close.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Count me in again. The last one was pretty fun and this sounds better. Since I will have moved out the Thursday prior, I will most likely be able to bring a setup with me since someone will be driving me.

Hence

Smash Ace
There was no money taken from pots. I wanted to, but forgot. So this event basically represents a break between tournaments (the series will start back up again in the fall).

As per points: they are used to seed pools. However I am tempted to have the top 8 sit in a bracket already, and then the 8 pools of (likely) 4-5 players with top 2 advancing to a 24 person bracket (aka 16 from pools + the top 8 people in points). Pools will likewise be seeded based on points, which should make the fights to see who makes it out of pools quite interesting/close.
Sounds good.

:037:

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm in Newark, OH for a week and I want to get some more smash practice in! AlphaZealot, do you think you could get a smashfest set up somewhere soon (before THE COMPETITION)?

capemkills

Smash Journeyman

that sounds really sweet...ill be here of course

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Springfield will be there like always and this time we are taking all the money!
God kais! bring your dollars...go ahead and sign them ahead of time too...springfield has a lot of money to win and can't be wasting precious time waiting on you signing them.:laugh:

Top Bottom