• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Win against Pikachu with items and smash balls on

RedSmash

Smash Rookie
Hello all!

I play brawl with items and smash balls on. Considering these opponents:

- Pikachu in 1v1
- Pikachu with a random non Pikachu ally in 2v2

Which would be the best character to choose, and which strategies could be used? In 2v2, the teammate would play Ike.

I would say Marth because he's a good matchup against Pika, Sonic because his smash ball rocks and Pika himself because he gets the smash ball easily.

What do you think?

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
From my experience with Brawl, pikachu is a relatively fast character, so someone like C. Falcon with strong punishgame may be a good choice.
(I can't believe I just used the words Fast and Brawl in the same sentence.)

RedSmash

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice guys! Pikachu can chain throw C. Falcon with its down throw, isn't it a problem?

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Ah. I don't play brawl often, but you want someone that can put out big hit boxes fast, like Marth or Diddy.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
MK all day :D

On a serious note, I do agree going Marth against Pikachu since he can space. I would also recommend either of the Links, Diddy, Snake, and almost anyone that has projectiles. Fox and Falco are gambles in general since they suffer from the chaingrab.

Top Bottom