• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

William5000000's Video Thread (999% Match/Goal Included)

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I'm just posting my videos here to not only try to help people, but to have them understand better...and show some cool stuff. I hope nobody minds.

Some of them may be entertaining, some of them may be funny or disturbing, and some of them may even help people. But one thing you can count on, I'm pretty good. I win some and I lose some. I'm not perfect, but I enjoy the game...or at least try to enjoy it.

EDIT: This is actually my 3rd time making this video thread. The first couple times didn't work out because of certain trolls/troublemakers. I'm hoping the 3rd time will be the charm. If you don't have anything positive to say about this thread or you are just a troll/troublemaker, then either keep those comments to yourself or don't bother commenting at all! It's that simple!

Aftermath:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8H4noaCcU1imlmQg-d34TjNQiQwPLrvN

Combos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8H4noaCcU1gu2zswYU8WhJ2gUZHeOeaK

KO Endurances:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8H4noaCcU1g34cVsygo-sd4EL6DxbJi1

In my 'KO Endurances' videos, there may be certain parts where I show some advanced tricks, such as camping with Fox's Blaster while edge-guarding, spacing with Kirby's up tilt (mostly used for chaining) and back aerial (mostly used for KO'ing), spacing with Pikachu's back aerial (mostly used for KO'ing), and extending Pikachu's Quick Attack after using up aerial (mostly used for spacing and chaining) to edge-guard. If you look very closely at them, you can actually see them as competitive guides.

----------

999% Match/Goal ~ Cuties:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8H4noaCcU1iResZqO4Jts2DqzcbzuZQv

For anyone wondering, please read the description on the actual content and reason for the match/goal.

Enjoy!

----------

*Anyone being a troll/troublemaker here WILL be reported! So, unless you want to get reported, do not mess with me!

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
about that match/goal of yours, the 999% one, why only cuties?
Oh... um... well... I'm a little embarrassed you asked me about that.

See, the reason why I wanted only cute characters for the 999% match/goal is because it makes the match/goal more interesting for those who think that character is cute... or so it seems. In this case, those characters (Jigglypuff, Kirby, Pikachu, and Yoshi) are cute to me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have tried to do the 999% match/goal if there weren't any cute characters.

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
Oh... um... well... I'm a little embarrassed you asked me about that.

See, the reason why I wanted only cute characters for the 999% match/goal is because it makes the match/goal more interesting for those who think that character is cute... or so it seems. In this case, those characters (Jigglypuff, Kirby, Pikachu, and Yoshi) are cute to me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have tried to do the 999% match/goal if there weren't any cute characters.
i see now. its weird but i guess that makes sense. i have more questions on your 999% match/goal. why couldnt you do it on a cpu? why did it have to be on another player? is there some reason behind it?

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
i see now. its weird but i guess that makes sense. i have more questions on your 999% match/goal. why couldnt you do it on a cpu? why did it have to be on another player? is there some reason behind it?
For the first reason, I wanted the player to be very good, but at the same time, not too good because I had rules. Read more about it in the video description, as well as my comment in the 'comments' section.

For the second reason, I wanted the torture part on the last stock to go how I planned, because in my opinion, that's the way to end the 999% match/goal on that cute character (Mario being tortured on the last stock by a cute character at 999% with all 7 stocks). Read more about it in the video description, as well as my comment in the 'comments' section.

I didn't want to do it on a CPU because of those reasons. That would make the video way less interesting... to me anyway.

Last edited:

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
For the first reason, I wanted the player to be very good, but at the same time, not too good because I had rules. Read more about it in the video description, as well as my comment in the 'comments' section.

For the second reason, I wanted the torture part on the last stock to go how I planned, because in my opinion, that's the way to end the 999% match/goal on that cute character (Mario being tortured on the last stock by a cute character at 999% with all 7 stocks). Read more about it in the video description, as well as my comment in the 'comments' section.

I didn't want to do it on a CPU because of those reasons. That would make the video way less interesting... to me anyway.
well that pretty much answers my question about the cpu reason. more questions. why 7 stocks? was it necessary to have it set to 7 stocks?

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
well that pretty much answers my question about the cpu reason. more questions. why 7 stocks? was it necessary to have it set to 7 stocks?
Actually, it was necessary to have it set to 7 stocks. Here are the reasons why.

- In "Super Smash Bros. Melee", I saw a video of a 6-stock match, and I noticed the stocks were being numbered after 5. So I went with 7 stocks because they were being numbered after 6.
- I didn't want the video to be too long, so I set it to 7. Setting it above 7 would result in the video being too long. The one on Pikachu is almost 16 minutes long, and I didn't even planned for it to be that long, just between 15 minutes to 15 minutes, 30 seconds at most.
- Setting it below 7 would make it completely impossible. In other words, the other player would have to sandbag even more, for the sake of helping me with my 999% match/goal on a cute character. In my opinion, that would make the video completely uninteresting to me, especially to others. I didn't want too much sandbagging during the match/goal, so I set it to 7 stocks.

I hope this answers your questions on the 7 stocks reason.

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
Actually, it was necessary to have it set to 7 stocks. Here are the reasons why.

- In "Super Smash Bros. Melee", I saw a video of a 6-stock match, and I noticed the stocks were being numbered after 5. So I went with 7 stocks because they were being numbered after 6.
- I didn't want the video to be too long, so I set it to 7. Setting it above 7 would result in the video being too long. The one on Pikachu is almost 16 minutes long, and I didn't even planned for it to be that long, just between 15 minutes to 15 minutes, 30 seconds at most.
- Setting it below 7 would make it completely impossible. In other words, the other player would have to sandbag even more, for the sake of helping me with my 999% match/goal on a cute character. In my opinion, that would make the video completely uninteresting to me, especially to others. I didn't want too much sandbagging during the match/goal, so I set it to 7 stocks.

I hope this answers your questions on the 7 stocks reason.
yes it does. thanks for answering. im curious though. if you ever decide to do 999% match/goal on cuties in melee like what you did for this game, are you going to add any more characters to your cuties list or are you going to stick with the 4 characters?

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
yes it does. thanks for answering. im curious though. if you ever decide to do 999% match/goal on cuties in melee like what you did for this game, are you going to add any more characters to your cuties list or are you going to stick with the 4 characters?
Well, if I were to do the 999% match/goal on cute characters in "Super Smash Bros. Melee" and maybe "Super Smash Bros. Brawl", I'd definitely add Pichu (SSBM) and Diddy Kong (SSBB) on my 'cuties' list.

Last edited:

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
Well, if I were to do the 999% match/goal on cute characters in "Super Smash Bros. Melee" and maybe "Super Smash Bros. Brawl", I'd definitely add Pichu (SSBM) and Diddy Kong (SSBB) on my 'cuties' list.
brawl too? that would be true dedication. well good luck if you ever decide to do them.

Last edited:

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
I've already deemed it impossible, but thank you.
now that your 999% match/goal is on youtube, do you think there will ever be a tournament where the matches depend on how far can the player or the other get each other closest to 999% or if one player or the other can get 999% wins that match and advance to the next bracket?

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
now that your 999% match/goal is on youtube, do you think there will ever be a tournament where the matches depend on how far can the player or the other get each other closest to 999% or if one player or the other can get 999% wins that match and advance to the next bracket?
Well, I know there was a weird tournament where only Falcon Punch was used in every match. But honestly, I really don't think there'll ever be a 999% tournament. It's already weird.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
William5000000 William5000000 Did you play online like 3-4 years ago? I swear I remember playing someone with your name a lot a long time ago. I remember playing teams with you and I think someone named Tom Foolery, but im not sure about that.

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
William5000000 William5000000 Did you play online like 3-4 years ago? I swear I remember playing someone with your name a lot a long time ago. I remember playing teams with you and I think someone named Tom Foolery, but im not sure about that.
Kind of a long story, but I'll try to explain.

I did play on Kaillera in the earlier years, but I was using the username '999% Goal: Cute Characters Only' (if not, then mostly '999%'). If you're wondering why I used that username, it's because I wanted to record and upload the 999% match/goal on characters on my 'cuties' list (had to be on another player, not a CPU). Plus, using that username was the only way to try to explain to people how I wanted the match/goal. I tried for about 4 years (from late 2010 to early 2015, I believe), which really shouldn't have taken me this long. But due to people not fully understanding how I wanted the match/goal (I didn't have a backup, which made explaining much harder and very frustrating) and refusing to help me with the match/goal, it ended up taking me that long. After 4 years of using that old username, I went ahead and used my actual username when the 999% match/goal was finally done (exactly how I wanted). So, yeah, I did play on Kaillera in the earlier years using that old username. Now, I play on Kaillera using my actual username, though I don't play on Kaillera too often now.

Sorry if I caused any real trouble back then with that old username, but I really wanted to record and upload the 999% match/goal on characters on my 'cuties' list (had to be on another player, not a CPU). Hope you understand.

Last edited:

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
hey you think after someone watches that 999% match/goal on cuties of yours someone will want to play you with that goal of yours? you know just for fun?

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
hey you think after someone watches that 999% match/goal on cuties of yours someone will want to play you with that goal of yours? you know just for fun?
I highly doubt it, though it would be fun. I'm currently the only one (and probably the last one) to do that type of match/goal and upload it to YouTube.

I will say this: Since I've already done the match/goal, I'll play normal. I'll occasionally try to do 999% on cute characters (not on a CPU, on another player) just for fun. I won't do it every time, but it's something I like to do.

Last edited:

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
I highly doubt it, though it would be fun. I'm currently the only one (and probably the last one) to do that type of match/goal and upload it to YouTube.

I will say this: Since I've already done the match/goal, I'll play normal. I'll occasionally try to do 999% on cute characters (not on a CPU, on another player) just for fun. I won't do it every time, but it's something I like to do.
i wouldnt be surprised if you were the last to do that.

Top Bottom