• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Uhhhhhh ye but wouldnt getting Mario RPG music be a licensing nightmare?

The E3 presentation will have everything everyone wants (not literally) at the cost of Nintendo being Nintendo towards the end, ruining the hype. Who knows; they might sell a carbon copy of Tomodachi Life for $60!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Uhhhhhh ye but wouldnt getting Mario RPG music be a licensing nightmare?

The E3 presentation will have everything everyone wants (not literally) at the cost of Nintendo being Nintendo towards the end, ruining the hype. Who knows; they might sell a carbon copy of Tomodachi Life for $60!
No thank you

Zero from mega man x replaces Byleth

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I can just make sans so yes

Smash gets a third fighters pack but they cant be played offline

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
The less time I feel obligated to spend quick play the better so yes. It would be nothing but a good thing tbh

Fighters pass 3 happens but it’s all characters from third party series in smash, and dosent add any music or spirits

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I shall leave that button alone until Crash and Spyro make it in.

You become the undisputed world champion of Smash Bros., but for some absurd reason, your mind renders you completely unable to play it afterward until you... say, climb Mt. Everest.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I shall leave that button alone until Crash and Spyro make it in.

You become the undisputed world champion of Smash Bros., but for some absurd reason, your mind renders you completely unable to play it afterward until you... say, climb Mt. Everest.
I cant even go up a steep incline in my neighborhood, what do you think I can climb my Everest

A Capcom vs gets anoced but its Capcom vs Blizzard and you need a account to play online

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
What kind of sicko would do that...?

The new Sonic game gets announced and everything looks good... until it shows that Bubsy is one of the main characters.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Yes, without a second thought.

Crash gets in Smash, but Sakurai only had Crash 1, Crash Bash, and the Titans games to go off of.
That's fine I dont tend to play the guest spirits

Paper Mario All Stars gets annoyed with hd remakes of 64 Thousand Year and Super but they use sticker star combat

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No deal, maybe if it was Toad instead of Geno I would consider

Every challenger pack gets an additional 10 songs added to it, but their Spirit Boards are reduced to 6 spirits only

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Fortunately, I have never played World of Light, so I vigorously press the button.

Every character you have ever wanted is part of the next game's base roster, but the graphics return to that of Smash Bros. 64, and the stage selection is that of Brawl.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I laugh in the face of sacrificed characters I have never known. I press the button ten times!

Olimar, Lucario, Ridley, Lucas and Mr. Game and Watch are cut, but in come Shantae and Bandana Waddle Dee.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wow, that's tough. I'm gonna go with yes-not because the better choice but because it's what I want. I've never even played Baldi's Basics but a Windows 98 inspired character who also counts as a horror rep sounds good to me. Also Eggman obviously.

Bowser and DK get voices that better represent how they sound in the current Mario franchise, but Mario also gets a voice-and it's the same guy who voiced him in the Super Mario Brothers Super Show.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Sure

Your most wanted gets in but everyone constantly says their broken and for the next 10 years “[character] is broken” is the most overused joke in the smash bros community

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hmm... depends on if the competitive Smash community is actually willing to ban a character this time.

Paper Mario is back to its former glory plot and gameplay-wise but the art style is just regular NSMB but cel-shaded (the "paper" is only really notable when characters turn) and the writing doesn't even attempt to be funny, let alone reach Colour Splash's peaks.

Last edited:
Okey man, I'll allow it.

ExciteBiker gets added to smash as Bonus Fighter and he brings new songs from Excite Series and new and returning Other series songs like Famicom Medley (Brawl, returning) and NES Classic min menu theme, but Muddy Mole spirits are removed from this game.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
No.

Next Smash Game has everything that Fans want like Rollback Netcode, but Mario, Dr. Mario and Luigi are Removed from Base Game Roster.
That would be so weirdly hilarious that I wouldn't mind that personally, even if others would want me dead for the crime of removing Mario and Co.

Nintendo confirms that they will never take down a Smash Bros. fangame or mods such as Slippi again, but on the condition that any new fighter, stage or music in a Smash Bros. fangame will never be able to enter the actual Smash series. This also includes characters in Smash Bros. fangames already.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Nah, wolf is too fun.

You get your dream fighter but your current main is removed and your dream fighter is a low tier.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I could live with my dream fighter being low tier, but Inkling's removal is the deal breaker. No deal.

You get your most wanted, but Nintendo eliminates the base tier of NSO, forcing you to get the $50 tier if you want to play online at all

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I could live with my dream fighter being low tier, but Inkling's removal is the deal breaker. No deal.

You get your most wanted, but Nintendo eliminates the base tier of NSO, forcing you to get the $50 tier if you want to play online at all
Pass Because I already got my most wanted

DK no longer has unsafe on hit moves but he deals 1% less on every move.

Top Bottom