• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Will you buy the next 3D Mario title if it was Galaxy 3?

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I am sure most people are gonna start complaining about Nintendo for "unoriginality" when it comes to this, and (I can't really guarantee) I am sure the next title is going to be another Galaxy title. One reason being (but does not prove they are) is that it is made by the same team who made Galaxy.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting another Galaxy game. I think the concept is great, and that it can last one and possibly a few more titles. I heard (rumor) that the next game is going to be bigger than any other Mario game by someone who apparently has made predictions before, and they were correct. (I have not seen these posts by said person, though.)

Regardless of it being the same concept of the last two games, we'll be getting HD graphics, a bigger game with more content. This should compliment the game regardless of it being the same concept as the past two games.

Man, I can't wait to see this E3. It's just speculation, but I am very sure it will be another Galaxy game.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't think it will be.

Would get it either way though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Some part of me is actually hoping for a Galaxy 3, although I'd really like to see them dig their nails into something else with Mario, sort of the way they did with Sunshine.

I guess we'll see, won't we?

Seriously doubt it. I believe a new concept idea for a new system. There has been a new concept idea for a while now. Side-scroll platformer for Snes. 3D for N64. New gadget for the sunshine game and sprites in place of stars. Then, another change with the galaxy one with a more spacial game.

Probably a new mario to better adopt the idea of the WiiU 2nd screen or something like that.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just make Super Mario and Donkey Kong, an action-adventure platformer where you play as both plumber and primate in a double-teamed (that means co-op) rally against the allied Bowser and King K. Rool to thwart their plans in taking over the world.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No, or at least I most certainly wouldn't be running out to get it.

Not only would it be shamefully unoriginal, but I was already underwhelmed with the Galaxy series to begin with. It started and has continued a trend in 3D Mario's that I did not want to see... Linearity in the level designs.

Super Mario 64, to me, was something special and revolutionary because it put Mario into a 3D open world. It really set the game apart from its 2D predecessors. However, now we have a milked 2D series running, and our 3D Marios are starting to feel more... 2D. More like 2D Marios with a little bit of running room to the sides.

I'll take a linear 3D Mario over a New Super Mario Bros. entry any day, but I want open world levels back.

Top Bottom