• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

will you attend?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
there will be a brawl tourney before the actual midnight release of brawl, do you plan on attending it? also, do you think it will be a you choose the match style deal, or set tourney rules from melee. if the rules of melee are going to be different here slightly, do you think they will allow smash balls? I personaly think it will be a bunch of 1 vs 1 2:00 matches with items on the normal medium setting. discuss your thoughts here.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I doubt I'm going. First of all, I haven't played Smash for years and I do not want to be seen getting owned by rookies. Also, the place I'm in at the moment isn't very safe at night and I don't feel like going out without a firearm (which I don't have).

But I will get up early to get Brawl.

theperson91

Smash Apprentice
Where'd you get that info? According to gamestop it just said 1 minute matches with single elim. I hope we can use gc controllers, though you're probably right.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I sighned up for it, but being fourteen, my parents are supposed to attend, and that won't work out, so I'm still dealing with the little things, but I am going to the launch no doubt.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I sighned up for it, but being fourteen, my parents are supposed to attend, and that won't work out, so I'm still dealing with the little things, but I am going to the launch no doubt.
oh, if we have to sign up for it first, I better go ahead and do that soon. I thought it was one of those, join up by just arriving there things. I DID have the same problem, but my dad has nothing better to do that day, so hes taking me too it.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i'm going, my first tourney. you know what....ever since sakurai's called the mode tourney, i won't stop saying that it's a brawl tourney.

feel free to quote ;)

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
I was going to go to the Pre-Brawl release tournament on Saturday, but my mom won't let me, because I apparently need to do schoolwork (even though I'm not behind at all)...
What makes this worse is that there is a SSBM tourney at 11:00AM that morning (not at Gamestop) that I can't go to either. :(

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to attend it just because. Doesn't bother me that my mom has to come with me, she was going to drive me there anyway :p. Besides, I like an audience that I know. I'm going to Gamestop after school today to sign up. I'll ask about details of the controller rules and tell you all, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, it shocks me that no one has replied to this for 4 hours. Anyway, I found out officially today - the only controllers are Wiimotes. Nothing else allowed. Fail control style ftl. Oh well. I was going to throw the tournament if I made it to the final round anyway because I wouldn't be able to go to round 2 :/

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post, it shocks me that no one has replied to this for 4 hours. Anyway, I found out officially today - the only controllers are Wiimotes. Nothing else allowed. Fail control style ftl. Oh well. I was going to throw the tournament if I made it to the final round anyway because I wouldn't be able to go to round 2 :/
Gosh, even worse. I haven't even touched a Wiimote yet.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ya, after going and sighning up, I found out the rules are, as said before, the following:
1. 1 minute matches
2. 1 vs 1
3. starters only (I think)
4. any stage
5. items on
6. Wiimotes with nunckuck only.

sadly, I never used the Wiimote outside of Super mario galaxy, hopefully it wont cost me the first match.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
ya, after going and sighning up, I found out the rules are, as said before, the following:
1. 1 minute matches
2. 1 vs 1
3. starters only (I think)
4. any stage
5. items on
6. Wiimotes with nunckuck only.

sadly, I never used the Wiimote outside of Super mario galaxy, hopefully it wont cost me the first match.
I would expect starting roster only, but the poster at my gamestop had
Ness
on it along with other characters... so... meh. The only positive side I can see to everyone using the Wiimotes is that we'll all suck our first round.

Top Bottom