• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will we ever get any unique secondary 3rd party reps in Smash?

Which secondary 3rd party character would you want the most?

• Tails

• Shadow

• Knuckles

• Dr. Eggman

• Amy

• Chun Li

• M. Bision

• Akuma

• Kefka

• Black Mage

• Tifa

• Big Boss

• Zero

• Dr. Wily

• Roll

• Tron Bonne

• Gruntilda

• Mumbo

• Dracula

• Alucard

• Ms. Pac-Man

• Jeanne

• Kasumi

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
During base game speculation I thought Tails was a lock for the roster since he probably did well in the Ballot and received a Mii costume in Smash 4. And recently I thought Sephiroth had a good chance on happening and yet we get Hero instead. I know Richter and Ken are in because Echos only take up 1/6 of the development time that unique fighters do so they really wouldn't a priority.

Question is: will unique secondary 3rd party characters ever become a priority or a thing in Smash?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Maybe in Smash 6. I could see them double dipping if they want big iconic characters like Tails or Chun-Li. The DLC will likely be all new franchises.

Overall though I don't think it's super likely. I think they see the third party characters as "guests," and Echo Fighters are bonuses on top of that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe in Smash 6. I could see them double dipping if they want big iconic characters like Tails or Chun-Li. The DLC will likely be all new franchises.

Overall though I don't think it's super likely. I think they see the third party characters as "guests," and Echo Fighters are bonuses on top of that.
Who you think could one character that would be the exception to that rule if there is one? I think it would be Tails because of how iconic he is.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Maybe with Characters like Shadow, Zero, Tails, Alucard, etc

StormC

Smash Hero
Who you think could one character that would be the exception to that rule if there is one? I think it would be Tails because of how iconic he is.
Tails or Chun-Li probably. Tails could be in even as a semi-clone.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'd add Yu Narukami (Persona 4) and Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6) to the poll as well, due to the enduring popularity of those games within their respective franchises.
Maybe Blaze the Cat (Sonic) and Shanoa (Castlevania) as well.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
There are plenty, but I don't know, something within me says go with Sephiroth, even though I don't know squat about the character (nor cared in the past), but could be interesting perhaps.

Chun-Li, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman and Gruntilda are some others I'd like to see.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It isn't impossible. Sonic, Megaman, and Castlevania could definitely get away with a second unique. Final Fantasy too, but with how stingy SE is with content from the series, I doubt it could happen.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I pray one day Shadow will come to smash.

My ideal situation is...

Shadow is an Echo.
Dr. Eggman is in his robot walker.

And the most controversial decision is tails is Dr. Eggman Echo.

Ideally, tails would be unique but in this situation, we get 3 of the most requested 2nd Sonic rep.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
My opinion about such suggestion would be that, it'd be more direct to ask each respective company to do their own allstars games, in which the 3rd arty franchises are the 1st parties instead and the secondary characters (sidekicks and bosses) can all enter. Remember SEGA and Capcom already got bunch of inhouse crossovers.

Maybe Mario get invited then if NIntendo like the idea of equivalent exchange.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
It's possible, but it seems when the Smash team approaches third-party developers, they prefer to introduce new franchises rather than add to those already in Smash. Barring Echo fighters or other resource-friendly additions, new characters probably will be limited to Nintendo characters or the stars of a given third-party series.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Was a tough decision but... then decided to go with who I most liked rather than who I THINK (smash team might come up with interesting ideas for a fighting style I'd never dream of) would be most fun to play as and the choice was clear
thIOR34D1W.jpg

Other chacters I'd have liked: Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Alucard, Dracula, Mumbo Jumbo {/spoiler]

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So since we got more DLC coming outside of the Season Pass bois and gurls, what chances do you think we might see a secondary unique 3rd party representative for a franchise already represented in Smash?

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Smash would count Shin Megami Tensei as its own separate series but it and Persona are related and I'd really love to see a fighter from it. There's no SMT content in the game so far other than spin-off stuff like DLC fighter Joker and Tsubasa Oribe's spirit. And it's been proven companies can have two reps between the passes. :4pacman:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A moderator can so for you. You could report the post with the details, and they could PM you to make it easy.

I did that for a person a while back~
I don't know why I can't just edit the page though to remove or move around characters with their franchise brothern. But thanks for the tip. I'll try to contact a mod in a bit.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't know why I can't just edit the page though to remove or move around characters with their franchise brothern. But thanks for the tip. I'll try to contact a mod in a bit.
For some weird reason it won't work for regular users. It's been an issue for a while now. >.<;

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
For some weird reason it won't work for regular users. It's been an issue for a while now. >.<;
That's so stupid. This site works in mysterious backwards *** ways sometimes like with this and like with how you can't become a thread owner to a already existing thread unless you have a post older than the thread itself.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's so stupid. This site works in mysterious backwards *** ways sometimes like with this and like with how you can't become a thread owner to a already existing thread unless you have a post older than the thread itself.
It's basically Xenforo being glitchy. Forum coding like that can easily break with a single wrong line. Same with other games.

The post thing is a specific feature that hasn't been implemented yet because there's no safe code recreated for this version. Using a bad code could break the entire forum in half or other issues. It's better safe than sorry.

That said, you should say something in the support forum about it. I don't know if there's a fix for the poll thing yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's basically Xenforo being glitchy. Forum coding like that can easily break with a single wrong line. Same with other games.

The post thing is a specific feature that hasn't been implemented yet because there's no safe code recreated for this version. Using a bad code could break the entire forum in half or other issues. It's better safe than sorry.

That said, you should say something in the support forum about it. I don't know if there's a fix for the poll thing yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)
It's like coding to fix or add something like this site or a game is like messing with a rubik's cube if I'm not correct.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's like coding to fix or add something like this site or a game is like messing with a rubik's cube if I'm not correct.
Some of each? I dunno the exact details. As I said, ask on the support forum for better details. It'll be a lot more useful than asking me, heh.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wonder if we'll get another secondary 3rd party unique newcomer in this game before everything is wrapped up. Because I really don't see Sephiroth as the only one who is going to break this barrier as I think it's possible to see one more character like Chun-Li, Eggman or even Tails make it in despite him his Mii costume returning in Joker's Pack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom