• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will they go all out with the Rare-64 nostalgia?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
By which I mean will we see content from Rare's other N64 era games included alongside Banjo-Kazooie? (And to encourage some discussion, what tracks/Spirits/costumes would you hope to see?)

Rare was obviously a prolific developer for the N64 and came out with a variety of titles. Excluding licensed games (ieGoldeneye 007 and Mickey's Speedway USA) as well as Donkey Kong 64 (which already has plenty of love) we have
  • Killer Instinct Gold
  • Blast Corps
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Jet Force Gemini
  • Perfect Dark
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (and Conker's Pocket Tales)
(Honorary mention to BattleToads, who had a lot of releases in the NES, SNES and GB days but nothing on the 64.)

I think even a single track and Spirit from each of these games would be fantastic, and you could easily fit them in while still fleshing out Banjo-Kazooie. Microsoft really seemed to be all in for BK in Smash - I can't imagine they'd shy away from having more stuff in there. I'd hope for costumes since in Smash 4 many franchises made their debut with DLC costumes.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not sure to be honest. We only got Persona 5 Spirits for Joker, not from other SMT games or even Persona games. There's enough Banjo characters to make a Spirit Board the size of Joker's.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool seeing representation from other Rare games, even if they were only spirits, but I think Sakurai will only focus on Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Maybe we'll see some Nuts & Bolts stuff too. Who knows?

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't think so. I think we'll only get content from the Banjo series... so, mostly Kazooie and Tooie with a bit of Nuts & Bolts.
Maybe at most they'll stuff in some character from Diddy Kong Racing, like Tiptup or Wizpig.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
By which I mean will we see content from Rare's other N64 era games included alongside Banjo-Kazooie? (And to encourage some discussion, what tracks/Spirits/costumes would you hope to see?)

Rare was obviously a prolific developer for the N64 and came out with a variety of titles. Excluding licensed games (ieGoldeneye 007 and Mickey's Speedway USA) as well as Donkey Kong 64 (which already has plenty of love) we have
  • Killer Instinct Gold
  • Blast Corps
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Jet Force Gemini
  • Perfect Dark
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (and Conker's Pocket Tales)
(Honorary mention to BattleToads, who had a lot of releases in the NES, SNES and GB days but nothing on the 64.)

I think even a single track and Spirit from each of these games would be fantastic, and you could easily fit them in while still fleshing out Banjo-Kazooie. Microsoft really seemed to be all in for BK in Smash - I can't imagine they'd shy away from having more stuff in there. I'd hope for costumes since in Smash 4 many franchises made their debut with DLC costumes.
Yes, I think so because Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini's Japanese names were found within the code over more than half a year ago. I expect at least to see spirits from those two games if anything outside of Banjo-Kazooie.

Top Bottom