• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will smash 4 really have a competitive scene?

shapular

Smash Ace
All you people complaining about camping should really try playing something other than For Glory mode. >.> If Melee had a For Glory mode, it'd look a lot similar (in fact, you can see it on Melee netplay. tons of Marths spamming fsmash all day).

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
The Big House 4? Lol, you mean The Big House Fox? TBH4 proved that Melee is approaching 20XX, and even players like Armada and Hungrybox were losing to Foxes they wouldn't normally lose to. Armada even almost lost to Hax and Westballz. 5 of the top 8 at TBH4 were Foxes, and we're just going to see that increase over time. On the other hand, Smash 4 has actual character variety and is actually accessible for new players and is just a better game than Melee in general. I give Melee 3 years tops till it dies. Smash 4 will be bigger than Melee the whole time.
It would be a lie to say this game doesn't encourage defense...what with all the safeness in moves.

Melee is 10+ years old and its still alive and strong. If it does die, it won't be anytime soon. (3 years is pretty soon imo)
I know it's been 7 ****ing years, but I told you so shap! **** yeah! Time to stroke my ego. Smash 4 is dead. Melee is more than alive. I was right! You were wrong! Oh yeah! Alright I'm done

Last edited:

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
All you people complaining about camping should really try playing something other than For Glory mode. >.> If Melee had a For Glory mode, it'd look a lot similar (in fact, you can see it on Melee netplay. tons of Marths spamming fsmash all day).
Hey Shap see my post above. Your prophecy failed miserably. Its too bad fsmash.org doesn't exist anymore so I could have reposted this there

1FC0

Smash Lord
I know it's been 7 *ing years, but I told you so shap! * yeah! Time to stroke my ego. Smash 4 is dead. Melee is more than alive. I was right! You were wrong! Oh yeah! Alright I'm done
Smash 4 is not dead, I still play it. So you were both wrong.

Torsk

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FISK#372
I think the competitive scene for Smash 4 will deteriorate for a long time and pick up steam again after people start wanting to go back to it.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I want to know if future tournaments will make people mod their console for dlc if they didn’t buy it beforehand

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Well this thread is a blast from the past lol

But yeah obviously, there's no reason to return to Smash 4 now that we have Ultimate. Of course, we didn't know that like seven years ago.

We also didn't know what was coming with Cloud and Bayonetta lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom