• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Of '''D's | 3DS Bi-Weekly Smash Bros Tournament Series Every Sunday @ 1:00 PM EST [Streamed]

Starman147

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0062-2134-9156
For once, a Greninja actually gets to grands in a tournament. But still, that last KO was as cheesy as cheddar cheese. But hey, I still had fun, and I'll try to go next week.

Last edited:

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
Congrats to Jojo and Starman. Starman's performance with Greninja was fun to watch. This was a great first tournament for me, even though I got 2-1'ed in the first round. Hopefully I can be with y'all again next week and actually get my round started on time! =P

Starman147

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0062-2134-9156
Today I re-fought Beetlejojo at Smashladder, and guess what? No lag! Unlike yesterday, those matches we're a lot closer, and we kept trading games. If only that happened when we were on stream, but I guess the audience got a nice little surprise at the end.

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
And is there another tournament today? I clicked on the link to sign up and the challonge link said it was for the 13th.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Whats up with Online TOs ****ing things up lately. If this is keeping today then I'm going to miss it, because I'm not rushing home to get there on time when they Challonge bracket says it's starting next week.

@ Jerm Jerm is an idiot I swear. Couldn't be here to clarify what's going on.

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
Yeah, with no confirmation of a tournament today, and an hour to go till it's supposed to start, I think I'll make other plans. Hope to see y'all next week!

greyunit

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0963-0823-4200
I missed the one today, sadly I didn't see the post in time, but you can count me in for future tourneys if this really will be a weekly thing.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I posted in the discussion thing that it will be moved to next week.
Whats up with Online TOs ****ing things up lately. If this is keeping today then I'm going to miss it, because I'm not rushing home to get there on time when they Challonge bracket says it's starting next week.

@ Jerm Jerm is an idiot I swear. Couldn't be here to clarify what's going on.
No need to get so heated ma dude! Just a simple date change lol. Something came up so we will continue for next week. I guess the notification system on Challonge doesn't alert people? SB would be better for announcements then.

Viller592

Smash Rookie
NNID
FHOD592
3DS FC
5386-7937-5235
Ruleset:
  • 2 stocks
  • 6 minutes
  • BO3
  • Customs legal
  • No items
  • No equipment
  • Gentleman's Rule- If you and your opponent both agree on something then you have the go ahead.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule-no stage that has already been played in a round may be picked for another game in the same round.
Stages:
  • Starter
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination/ Any Omega's
    • Yoshi's Island
  • Counter Pick
    • Tomodachi Life
    • Reset Bomb Forest
    • Arena Ferox
    • Prism Tower
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination/ Any Omega's
    • Yoshi's Island
*You are allowed up to 2 strikes*
**Any questions or concerns regarding stage choices contact me immediately!!**

Check In/ Bracket

Check Ins are available 2 hours before the tournament begins.
Tournament Format:

Straight up single elimination.

Connectivity Issues/ Disputes:

To prevent disputes you can take a picture of the result screen. In terms of poor connectivity have someone host your game. If the matches are still unplayable at that point it will have to come down to a speed test. Both players would have to submit a picture of the result of their speed test and the player with the faster connection would advance/ get the win.

Chat:

My twitch channel can be used as a form of communication.

You can also utilize this Mibbit Chat Room

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wo'''D's TOURNAMENT 1 RESULTS
-Supreme Champion: Xerom :4ness:
-Worthy Adversary: Mizanin :4palutena:, :4ness:

Wo'''D's TOURNAMENT 2 RESULTS
Supreme Champion:LionJoJo :4feroy:
Worthy Adversary:Starman147 :4greninja:

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
Smash 4 is gunna be offline once the tournament starts...

Metagoon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Metagoon
Nintendo announced they well be doing maintenance around 5pm EST..
So we you wanna postpone the tourney until after the maintenance?
Maybe more people will be able to participate since it is later in teh day

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
Nintendo announced they well be doing maintenance around 5pm EST..
So we you wanna postpone the tourney until after the maintenance?
Maybe more people will be able to participate since it is later in teh day
Dang. Do you know how long it should last? Maybe we should just keep in touch over Mibbit until the maintenance is over so the tourney can experience as short an interruption as possible.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
NOTE* SERVERS UNDER MAINTENANCE-PUSHED BACK TO 7:00PM EST

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Tournament still turned out great despite the delay from the maintenance! See ya next week :D

Starman147

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0062-2134-9156
Maybe next week I can finally clinch my first victory... ah well. Congrats to Antireflex (0mglooted), who I had a lot of fun playing even though I personally hate the R.O.B. MU.

Starman147

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0062-2134-9156
If there was a list that has all of the interesting endings to Grand Finals, this one definitely has to be on there. It was well-fought and incredibly close, and I really have to give credit to 0mglooted for always being a great opponent. Either way, I'm coming back next week to defend my title, see everyone there!

Top Bottom