• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will he be a clone?

boringryu89

Smash Rookie
Well I don't believe he's still gonna be a clone,

first-Sakuraï said there wouldn't be any clone so...
second- in this video http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/167901.html?playlist=featured at 1:01 we clearly se him with two laser pistols...

So he will surely come with a new array of moves/weaponry...

I'd like to seem him as Starfox's counter balance for Snake's huge weaponry...wel let's just wait and find out

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Well for one he has 2 pistols instead of one, so thats pretty different. His FS is the same, but I don't see why they couldn't switch him up a bit... at the same time several other characters, (Ness/Ganondorf) seem to be in danger of being clones as well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I sure hope not. Theres just no logical reason why they'd do that - in Melee they were rushed for time due to Nintendo wanting the game out for the Gamecube's release, but for Brawl they've actually delayed it multiple times. Theres no excuse for him being anything but unique this time around - the identical FS is bad enough as-is.

I do know one way we'll be able to tell though: once we get a clear, full-body picture of him, check for a deflector generator at his hip like Fox has. If its there, hes probably a clone, because thats the only reason they'd give him that move. If its not, hes unique.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
Bad news everyone - this video pretty much confirms him to be a clone of Fox. Not all of his moves are seen, since it was a computer controlled Falco, but all of the A moves he used are right from Fox's arsenal, and hes seen recovering with the Fire Bird move (not to mention the already-known Landmaster FS). The best we can hope for I fear is that his other moves are changed a bit...

Zevox

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
the worst video to chek moves, the game freezed sometimes... althought fire falco seems the same, the laser seems like falco laser, a bit more powerfull seems, and he actually throwns the reflector O.O instead of keeping it

so it's confirmed that he have at least onen original move, making it luigified...which is much what i excpected for falco... in a good way, they are like mario an luigi, like ken and ryu, they are pals... ganondorf in the other hand :(

Black/Light

Smash Master
Heres what I here. .

Falco has a new N air/ Blaster rounds look greenish blue (Saw this)/ he can throw his shine and have it come back to him like a side ways, yo yo boomerang thing (also saw this)/ he has some ground attack that looks like a "drill kick".

I can only say I have seen the new B v (I guess. . .could be his B side) and his new blaster rounds color.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Seeing as Falco has the same Final Smash as Fox, I'd have to say... yeah.

I guess I don't mind... Not as much as Wolf ALSO being a clone of Fox.

Mama

Smash Ace
I'm glad. I'm not an ignorant clone basher. Just because a character moves the same way doesn't really make him a clone at all. And Sakurai never said anything about no more clones.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I dont know i havn\'t seen any up close footage of falco though what i have seen he looks pretty much the same some small differences. Now i have seen a few videos of wolf up close and he is different he looks sweet.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Please, check more videos before you say someone's a clone. Neither Falco or Wolf are clones of Fox. I'll leave Wolf out for now because this is the Falco board. But Falco's forward air and smash are both very different from Foxes, they use his face, really. His reflector is thrown a decent distance in front of him, I could see that being very useful, as well as ending pillaring :D. His jab is different as well, similar to Sheik's.

But don't go spouting off this clone stuff until you've seen all he can do.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah, he seems a bit different. His fair is like sonic's and his Fsmash is a palm (head?) strike. He throws the shine, though I don't think it does damage :(. His spike is different - sometimes it's a spike and sometimes not, depending on where you hit. Either his uair or utilt is a rising spin attack with his arms spread out.

That's all I've seen so far. Aside from being my main in Melee, he's one of my favorite Nintendo characters ever. I just hope he turns out to be a good character even though his moves have changed drastically.

saberhof

Smash Master
stop saying clones! it makes no sense...falco is different from fox in some ways, so is wolf, and was it a big problem that there were any clones in melee?...i don't get it >_<

Top Bottom