• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Nintendo Of America 2014 Will GameStop provide 3DS consoles and copies of Smash?

D

Deleted member

Title.

Basically, are you going to have to bring your OWN 3DS and your OWN full copy of Smash 4?

sidbbq

Smash Rookie
I believe that they do provide the option of using a 3DS and game from them.

D

Deleted member

I just called a Game Stop and they said that the will no be providing anything.
I hope to go they do though. I'll just go and see.

CriminalNinja

Smash Rookie
Participants may bring their own Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS systems and/or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS games to the tournaments, but are not required to do so. This is what Nintendo Press Release said so I'm guessing that means all stores in general that are hosting the tournament should provide for people without the system or game.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Participants may bring their own Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS systems and/or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS games to the tournaments, but are not required to do so. This is what Nintendo Press Release said so I'm guessing that means all stores in general that are hosting the tournament should provide for people without the system or game.
In the official rules they only say anything regarding bringing your own 3DS or using theirs with regards to the National. The rules don't really specify about the local level. I'm gonna assume you have to bring your own considering 64 3DS's could be a lot to handle at once.

Chromepenguin

Smash Rookie
A friend of mine has one and he won't be going, I may bring it in case I see a lonely soul around who needs one to borrow. I would imagine they'd provide though...

CriminalNinja

Smash Rookie
I guess we'll just have to call the Gamestop stores that are hosting it and ask if they will provide hopefully they will be able to

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ Myran Myran They don't need to get 64 3DSs, only four. People without 3DSs will just have to wait their turn. Even if we had to wait for every single match to be played one at a time, the tourney would only take 2 hr and 01 min ish. I can't remember how long it would take exactly, but I did calculate it.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
@ Myran Myran They don't need to get 64 3DSs, only four. People without 3DSs will just have to wait their turn. Even if we had to wait for every single match to be played one at a time, the tourney would only take 2 hr and 01 min ish. I can't remember how long it would take exactly, but I did calculate it.
I suppose you're right. If it had to be done that way it could.

CriminalNinja

Smash Rookie
If gamestop doesn't provide 4 3DS systems for people to play i will just go to nintendo world

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, good news.

I called Gamestop and asked if they would provide 3DSs. They won't, they are just the host venues of the tournaments. Nintendo, the organizer of the tourneys, will provide 3DSs with games for people to use. (The employee of Gamestop used the word probably with 'will provide', don't know if that should be considered.) However, I do not know how many 3DSs will be provided, just to warn you.

I hope you all can make it to the tourney and good luck competing. Lets make sure the national tourney is filled only with true competitive Smash players. :-)

D

Deleted member

Alright guys, good news.

I called Gamestop and asked if they would provide 3DSs. They won't, they are just the host venues of the tournaments. Nintendo, the organizer of the tourneys, will provide 3DSs with games for people to use. (The employee of Gamestop used the word probably with 'will provide', don't know if that should be considered.) However, I do not know how many 3DSs will be provided, just to warn you.

I hope you all can make it to the tourney and good luck competing. Lets make sure the national tourney is filled only with true competitive Smash players. :-)
oh yes sir

Top Bottom