• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will either Snake's Codec OR Palutena's Guidance come back in SSBU

Would you like to see either Snake's Codec Or Palutena's Guidance Come back, or something Else?!

• Total voters

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Since Both Solid Snake & Palutena; and their Stages are Back; Will EITHER Snake's Codec Taunt from Brawl OR Palutena's Guidance from SSB4 Come back, If Not Both, Or Neither, Or Will it be Replaced by a NEW Feature Similar to those 2 things?!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Both are obviously gonna come back.

Sakurai loves his special little ship (:ultpit:x:ultpalutena:) and Metal Gear deserves to keep the special treatment they had in Brawl (due to being the first 3rd party series to join Smash, even though the Sonic series is bigger in Smash now due to being a multi time vet). Having one instead of the other would be foolish...also I need a :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultsnake: and Viridi crossover

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
It’d be fun to see both back, but I wouldn’t mind something else as well.

One of my favorite ideas was to put one on Kongo Jungle where Cranky Kong just complains about how ‘cheap’ and ‘broken’ various characters are, and how in his day, people had to earn their wins. That’d just be funny.

I also saw someone had an idea for the four Champions from BotW offering commentary, so we could see their personalities.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sure, they were two franchises with substantial voice acting, maybe the best. It would be awesome if they both return.

and maybe with another Smash taunt

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I am such a big lover for the Codec Calls and Palutena's Guidance, I really would love to see both return as we saw both stages that use those mechanics. If I had to pick just one, I'd pick Codec Calls from Snake, but that is just me

Bonus, Here are my faves
My fave Codec Calls are: Luigi, Sonic and Falco
My fave Palutena's Guidance is: probably Robin (off the top of my head)

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
If Travis Touchdown were to be a Newcomer(Albeit with Bleeps to keep the Game from being rated R due to his F-Bomb Usage); I'd Love to see His Viewpoints on the Other Characters; Like Mario(How in the H*** this fatso is more popular than Me), or Cloud Strife(HELTER SKELTER; How the H*** did YOU come back; I Killed you) or Complaining about How Much Bigger the Sword Fighters' Swords are than his; all done on a Stage based in front of his Motel)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Having both of them would just be a bit redundant, I know the personalities we're dealing with are very different, but there's only so many different things they can say about each character, especially when they've both already been through the drill once.

I think something new would be for the best, but if I was forced to pick I'd say Snake's codec. I've never even played MGS, but the chemistry between the characters was fantastic, and the personalities were very varied.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Having both of them would just be a bit redundant, I know the personalities we're dealing with are very different, but there's only so many different things they can say about each character, especially when they've both already been through the drill once.

I think something new would be for the best, but if I was forced to pick I'd say Snake's codec. I've never even played MGS, but the chemistry between the characters was fantastic, and the personalities were very varied.
Though It WOULD Be Interesting to see Them React to each other on Each Others' Taunts & Home Stages; Like Snake's Reaction in Palutena's Guidance; Or Palutena Interrupting Snake's Codec Entry about her.

Khao

Smash Lord
Ideally I'd love to see both, but if I had to choose I'd rather see the Codec calls return, with new conversations for all the new characters. The contrast of these super serious realistic military men talking about wacky and fantastic characters of all styles is just amazing to see, haha.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Let’s bring Goku in and have him talk to King Kai and other DBZ characters about the Smash roster. :p

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d like both back. I wanna see what Snake says about the crazy ass characters that were added since he was in. I also want the guidances back cause I wanna see what Palutena says about Snake.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I want the glitch from Snake's codec back where you can make Snake's conversation partner yell "Snake Snake SNAAAAKE" during a large part of the match.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I'd like to see both return, plus some new easter eggs.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
VERY likely. Also we will get something new as well going by the trend:

Melee: Starfox Pilot chatter
Brawl: Snake's CODECs
Sm4sh: Palutena's Guidance

Going by this Ultimate should get something too. top guesses from some in the general thread include Doc Louis pointers or pre-fight commentary by the Squid Sisters/Off The Hook.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
VERY likely. Also we will get something new as well going by the trend:

Melee: Starfox Pilot chatter
Brawl: Snake's CODECs
Sm4sh: Palutena's Guidance

Going by this Ultimate should get something too. top guesses from some in the general thread include Doc Louis pointers or pre-fight commentary by the Squid Sisters/Off The Hook.
If Anyone from Splatoon were to do that reoccuring Element; It'd be Pearl & Marina; Mainly because Callie & Marie ARE already an Assist Trophy, and It'd be too Redundant to have an assist trophy ALSO be an In-Fight Commentator.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If Anyone from Splatoon were to do that reoccuring Element; It'd be Pearl & Marina; Mainly because Callie & Marie ARE already an Assist Trophy, and It'd be too Redundant to have an assist trophy ALSO be an In-Fight Commentator.
or perhaps captain cuttlefish in the style of octo valley

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
If Travis Touchdown were to be a Newcomer(Albeit with Bleeps to keep the Game from being rated R due to his F-Bomb Usage); I'd Love to see His Viewpoints on the Other Characters; Like Mario(How in the H*** this fatso is more popular than Me), or Cloud Strife(HELTER SKELTER; How the H*** did YOU come back; I Killed you) or Complaining about How Much Bigger the Sword Fighters' Swords are than his; all done on a Stage based in front of his Motel)
I was thinking a Travis Touchdown style codec could be Sylvia calling Travis to give him character information, as she did in NMH1. always ending with the chance that Travis will die, maybe a flat million, prefaced by the characters appearance number in game. I.E. for Snake "There is a 31 million percent chance that you are going to die. But don't wait, trust your fall, and head straight into the garden of madness.". Maybe have humorous quips from Travis, Shinobu, and Henry sprinkled into the calls.

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
That could be the reason they are bringing back Snake's voice actor since they are reusing voice clips from Brawl.

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Splatoon to have captain. Cuttlefish,Squid sisters or off the hook talking about fighters:Marie:Woah is that a dragon Callie:those aren’t real...
Marie:ITS RIGHT THERE ITS SO BIG Callie:Nope still don’t see it

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. I want to see them talk about each other, and to have the other side butting in.
Me Too; it'd be Cool to see the Kid Icarus Characters Mystically Tapping into Snake's Codex Frequency; Or Snake Bickering with Pit & Palutena in Palutena's Guidance!!!

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Have Doc Louis give Little Mac advice on his opponents in Boxing Ring.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Both are obviously gonna come back.

Sakurai loves his special little ship (:ultpit:x:ultpalutena:) and Metal Gear deserves to keep the special treatment they had in Brawl (due to being the first 3rd party series to join Smash, even though the Sonic series is bigger in Smash now due to being a multi time vet). Having one instead of the other would be foolish...also I need a :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultsnake: and Viridi crossover
Codecs/Guidances featuring all of them would be absolutely AMAZING. I hope you're right about both coming back.

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
I really hope both of them, but especially Palutena's guidance are in. Chrom needs his revenge.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I loved Snake's codecs in Brawl and Palutena's Guidance in Smash 4, so it'd be great to see at least one of them make a return. I'm not sure if we can expect both, but it'd be a bit disappointing if neither one returned.

What I want to see most of all is using Snake's codec on Palutena/Palutena's Guidance for Snake, where the other character barges in on the ones originally talking.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I loved Snake's codecs in Brawl and Palutena's Guidance in Smash 4, so it'd be great to see at least one of them make a return. I'm not sure if we can expect both, but it'd be a bit disappointing if neither one returned.

What I want to see most of all is using Snake's codec on Palutena/Palutena's Guidance for Snake, where the other character barges in on the ones originally talking.
I’d love for Pit and Snake to not be able to gain any info on one another due to Palutena

Oddball

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd love if it Cranky Kong gave horribly inaccurate and/or outdated information about the characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Personally, I'd love if it Cranky Kong gave horribly inaccurate and/or outdated information about the characters.
I am curious on what he’d say about Dark Pit

WideMouthInk

Smash Cadet
I doubt we'd get both Codecs and Guidance dialogues for this game. It would take too many resources to have two functions(?) that do basically the same thing.

If we're getting something new, my bet would be prompts from the Squid Sisters in Moray Towers.
Cranky Kong would be cool tho.

Top Bottom