Will either Snake's Codec OR Palutena's Guidance come back in SSBU

Would you like to see either Snake's Codec Or Palutena's Guidance Come back, or something Else?!

• No Neither of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, I'm Indifferent to either one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Apprentice
Since Both Solid Snake & Palutena; and their Stages are Back; Will EITHER Snake's Codec Taunt from Brawl OR Palutena's Guidance from SSB4 Come back, If Not Both, Or Neither, Or Will it be Replaced by a NEW Feature Similar to those 2 things?!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
NNID
JermaineJonesJr2
Both are obviously gonna come back.

Sakurai loves his special little ship (:ultpit:x:ultpalutena:) and Metal Gear deserves to keep the special treatment they had in Brawl (due to being the first 3rd party series to join Smash, even though the Sonic series is bigger in Smash now due to being a multi time vet). Having one instead of the other would be foolish...also I need a :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultsnake: and Viridi crossover

It’d be fun to see both back, but I wouldn’t mind something else as well.

One of my favorite ideas was to put one on Kongo Jungle where Cranky Kong just complains about how ‘cheap’ and ‘broken’ various characters are, and how in his day, people had to earn their wins. That’d just be funny.

I also saw someone had an idea for the four Champions from BotW offering commentary, so we could see their personalities.

osby

Smash Lord
Sure, they were two franchises with substantial voice acting, maybe the best. It would be awesome if they both return.

and maybe with another Smash taunt

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I am such a big lover for the Codec Calls and Palutena's Guidance, I really would love to see both return as we saw both stages that use those mechanics. If I had to pick just one, I'd pick Codec Calls from Snake, but that is just me

Bonus, Here are my faves
My fave Codec Calls are: Luigi, Sonic and Falco
My fave Palutena's Guidance is: probably Robin (off the top of my head)

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Apprentice
If Travis Touchdown were to be a Newcomer(Albeit with Bleeps to keep the Game from being rated R due to his F-Bomb Usage); I'd Love to see His Viewpoints on the Other Characters; Like Mario(How in the H*** this fatso is more popular than Me), or Cloud Strife(HELTER SKELTER; How the H*** did YOU come back; I Killed you) or Complaining about How Much Bigger the Sword Fighters' Swords are than his; all done on a Stage based in front of his Motel)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
Premium
NNID
Master
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Having both of them would just be a bit redundant, I know the personalities we're dealing with are very different, but there's only so many different things they can say about each character, especially when they've both already been through the drill once.

I think something new would be for the best, but if I was forced to pick I'd say Snake's codec. I've never even played MGS, but the chemistry between the characters was fantastic, and the personalities were very varied.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Apprentice
Having both of them would just be a bit redundant, I know the personalities we're dealing with are very different, but there's only so many different things they can say about each character, especially when they've both already been through the drill once.

I think something new would be for the best, but if I was forced to pick I'd say Snake's codec. I've never even played MGS, but the chemistry between the characters was fantastic, and the personalities were very varied.
Though It WOULD Be Interesting to see Them React to each other on Each Others' Taunts & Home Stages; Like Snake's Reaction in Palutena's Guidance; Or Palutena Interrupting Snake's Codec Entry about her.

praline

the tsundere witch
Premium
Switch FC
6178-8267-4988
I’d like both back. I wanna see what Snake says about the crazy *** characters that were added since he was in. I also want the guidances back cause I wanna see what Palutena says about Snake.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I want the glitch from Snake's codec back where you can make Snake's conversation partner yell "Snake Snake SNAAAAKE" during a large part of the match.

lordvaati

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1307-0830-2387
VERY likely. Also we will get something new as well going by the trend:

Melee: Starfox Pilot chatter
Brawl: Snake's CODECs
Sm4sh: Palutena's Guidance

Going by this Ultimate should get something too. top guesses from some in the general thread include Doc Louis pointers or pre-fight commentary by the Squid Sisters/Off The Hook.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Apprentice
VERY likely. Also we will get something new as well going by the trend:

Melee: Starfox Pilot chatter
Brawl: Snake's CODECs
Sm4sh: Palutena's Guidance

Going by this Ultimate should get something too. top guesses from some in the general thread include Doc Louis pointers or pre-fight commentary by the Squid Sisters/Off The Hook.
If Anyone from Splatoon were to do that reoccuring Element; It'd be Pearl & Marina; Mainly because Callie & Marie ARE already an Assist Trophy, and It'd be too Redundant to have an assist trophy ALSO be an In-Fight Commentator.

SmashKeks

Smash Journeyman
If Travis Touchdown were to be a Newcomer(Albeit with Bleeps to keep the Game from being rated R due to his F-Bomb Usage); I'd Love to see His Viewpoints on the Other Characters; Like Mario(How in the H*** this fatso is more popular than Me), or Cloud Strife(HELTER SKELTER; How the H*** did YOU come back; I Killed you) or Complaining about How Much Bigger the Sword Fighters' Swords are than his; all done on a Stage based in front of his Motel)
I was thinking a Travis Touchdown style codec could be Sylvia calling Travis to give him character information, as she did in NMH1. always ending with the chance that Travis will die, maybe a flat million, prefaced by the characters appearance number in game. I.E. for Snake "There is a 31 million percent chance that you are going to die. But don't wait, trust your fall, and head straight into the garden of madness.". Maybe have humorous quips from Travis, Shinobu, and Henry sprinkled into the calls.

Last edited:

BandanaDeemon

Smash Apprentice
Splatoon to have captain. Cuttlefish,Squid sisters or off the hook talking about fighters:Marie:Woah is that a dragon Callie:those aren’t real...
Marie:ITS RIGHT THERE ITS SO BIG Callie:Nope still don’t see it