• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Challenger Pack 10 be at E3?

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
At first, I thought this was a no brainer. Heck, I sometimes thought CP 10 & 11 would be announced one after the other, but now I'm having doubts. E3 starts tomorrow and Nintendo will be there, but I haven't heard anything Smash related.

If Smash isn't there, I won't be upset. I understand that Nintendo has other things they can talk about. It will just be a bit surprising that they wouldn't use this time to announce a new Smash fighter (or two).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
CP10 might be there, along with a teaser for the Final Video Presentation around August-September. I for some reason don’t see them ending the DLC cycle at E3, at least not without a hook for a new beginning (FP3/a bonus less likely; maybe a post-DLC ballot at least. Wishful thinking is an Ultimate “Encore” announcement for Switch Pro/Super Switch/whatever the rumored more powerful Switch will be called).

lmao watch as the final video presentation gives you one final guessing game cuz the pass started with one so it’s only fair it ENDS with one :demon:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I think CP10 being announced at E3 is basically guaranteed. By the time Nintendo’s E3 Direct happens, it will have been over four months since Pyra/Mythra have been announced. Nintendo knows how powerful Smash character reveals are, and I can’t think of a single reason for why Nintendo should have no Smash news at E3. I do not think we will see CP11 though, and FP3 has been deconfirmed numerous times by Sakurai.

There’s also the fact that Nintendo doesn’t always have to say there will be Smash news during a broadcast. Multiple Nintendo Directs contained Smash news without prior warning, like Terry’s reveal in the September 2019 Direct. Nintendo also never said there would be Smash news at all during 2018’s The Game Awards event, and lo and behold, Joker was announced hours before Ultimate’s launch. Overall, even if Nintendo doesn’t mention anything about Smash appearing in a presentation, it usually doesn’t mean much. News can still happen regardless.

Lastly, every E3 where a Smash game is still being worked on has always had news announced there. For Smash 4, it was revealed at E3 2013, Palutena/Mii Fighters/Pac-Man were revealed at E3 2014, and Roy/Ryu were revealed at E3 2015. For Ultimate, the game had a full reveal trailer at E3 2018, Hero/Banjo & Kazooie were revealed at E3 2019, and Min-Min was still revealed in June 2020 despite no E3 that year. I don’t see how this year would be any different for Smash news at E3.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm fairly confident that not only we will see FP10, but also FP11. One look at Smash's history at E3 from Melee to E3 2019 shows a pretty consistent pattern. With Melee's first E3 reveal, we had Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, and Sheik shown off. Brawl in E3 2006 gave us Meta Knight, Pitt, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and Snake. E3 2013 gave us the Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer. E3 2014 gave us the Miis, Palutena, and Pac Man. E3 2015 had Roy and Ryu, but were leaked due to a datamine. E3 2018 gave us the first gameplay footage for Inkling on top of Daisy and Ridley, and finally E3 2019 gave us the Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo and Kazooie. With it, we've had at bare minimum 2 character reveals per event

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I only expect to see CP10 there. I expect to see CP11 revealed in a massive Smash Direct in September which would mark the end of Ultimate.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nintendo would be supremely stupid to not reveal the next fighter at E3-it's a very large part of why people tune into the direct. It's been quite a while since Pyra and Mythra were revealed. And finally, there's a new leak from the people who also leaked Steve and Byleth. And the character has apparently been leaked just today by a very credible figure. So yeah, it's happening.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
And finally, there's a new leak from the people who also leaked Steve and Byleth. And the character has apparently been leaked just today by a very credible figure. So yeah, it's happening.
Where was this?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Nintendo would be supremely stupid to not reveal the next fighter at E3-it's a very large part of why people tune into the direct. It's been quite a while since Pyra and Mythra were revealed. And finally, there's a new leak from the people who also leaked Steve and Byleth. And the character has apparently been leaked just today by a very credible figure. So yeah, it's happening.
What leak are you talking about? That's news to me

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
Update:
Nintendo just finished their E3 presentation and we do, indeed, have a new fighter! I won't say who so I don't spoil the fun, but he makes perfect sense for a Smash game!

Top Bottom