• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Wildcat eSports Presents: The Fair #3

Wildcat eSports Presents: The Fair #3
Posted by Senor Mexicano
Monrovia High School
Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
Welcome back Smashers! After nearly a 1 year hiatus, Monrovia High School's very own Smash tournament series has returned! The Fair #3 will feature High School only brackets for Super Smash Bros. Melee and Wii U! Class of 2016, Class of 2017, and middle school students are still welcome to compete in bracket as well.
Schedule
The tournament will be held at Monrovia High School on January 27th, 2018.

• Venue Opens/Friendlies begins: 12:00pm
  • Melee/Smash 4 Doubles Registration: 1:00pm
  • Smash 4 Doubles: 1:30pm
  • Melee Doubles: 2:00pm
  • Melee/Smash 4 Singles Registration: 3:30pm
  • Smash 4 Singles: 4:00pm
  • Melee Singles: 4:30pm
  • Potential Side event: 5:00pm
  • PIZZA DINNER TIME ($1 per slice): 7:00pm
  • Venue Closes: 9:00pm

Registration
REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY
Registration is mandatory for this event in order to make everything easier for the TOs and also to make registration go by faster.
Fees
There will be a venue fee of $5* as well as a fee of $5 for entering Singles and/or Doubles for any game.
*Bring a complete setup for any game and your venue fee will be free. A full Melee setup includes all tournament legal stages and all characters unlocked while a complete Smash Wii U setup includes all tournament legal stages (including DLC), all characters (including DLC), and a GameCube adapter. The Wii U setup should also have the latest version of the game.

Ruleset
We will be using the MIOM Recommended Ruleset for Melee and Wii U will be using the Recommended Ruleset.

Prizes
Will be determined based on # of entrants 60-30-10 percent split.

Additional Info
Food is driving/semi-walking distance (two streets down from High School) feat. Starbucks, Chipotle, Smash Burger, Panera Bread, & more.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I hope to see you guys there.

SupremeLeader

Smash Rookie
on the title it says January 27th, but the page says January 14th, can you specify which one?

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
What Supreme said. If it's the 27th then few buddies and I can join

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
on the title it says January 27th, but the page says January 14th, can you specify which one?
What Supreme said. If it's the 27th then few buddies and I can join
Whoops, nice catch. I guess I should look over the post more after copy+pasting from the previous time.

Anyways, the event is on the 27th, so come on over. Registration via smash.gg will be coming either later today or tomorrow.

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
Pre-Registration is up!

Where should I register? Can one team have two duals? Do I have to be a student as well?
You can register in the link above. If by two dauls, you mean two partners, then no. A few troublesome problems could happen by allowing this.

You have to be a high school student to participate, though 2016 and 2017 high school graduates are also allowed. If you are home schooled, online schooled, or go to a private school, then you still qualify. If you have any further questions or clarification, feel free to let me know!

Last edited:

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
Was unaware it was for high school students, does that apply for just friendlies as well..? Don't wanna make the drive if I can play at all :/

Senor Mexicano

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokebub123
3DS FC
3909-7903-4188
Can you be in 8th grade to participate?
Yes, of course. Any middle school players are allowed.

Was unaware it was for high school students, does that apply for just friendlies as well..? Don't wanna make the drive if I can play at all :/
Ehh, feel free to come on down and play in tournament anyways. Wouldn't hurt to have a few non-qualifying people.

Thanks, I mean me and my friends play under one team, can we play on the same team together in doubles?
I'm still not really sure what you mean. If you mean two teams with the same name, but different people, then sure. But one team with more than 2 people is a no.

Top Bottom