• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii won't read SD-Card by Nintendo

Nequ

Smash Cadet
heyoo guys,

i asked some friends and on a german smash board but got no answer or help. so i though maybe you could help me.

My Wii is able to play P:M 2.6. But i lost my SD-Card so i had to use another one. I found a SD-Card 2GB in my 3DS (Zelda Edition). My 3DS and my PC is able to read this Card, but my Wii won't. i tried formatting (? sry for my english skills...) twice but still my Wii won't read it for some reason.

Does someone know what to do?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Uhm, did you do exactly the same thing with the old SD card? Sometimes you miss one small detail or file that just ruins everything

Nequ

Smash Cadet
i don't think it's my SD card. Even when i try to open my SD via Wii Home-Menu, my wii won't detect it. But there's no clear reason for this B*tchmove :(

Nequ

Smash Cadet
But my Wii does read SD Cards. My 4GB SD-HC and even my 32gb SD-HC work fine but as you know i can't use them to play P:M :(

DM1

Banned via Warnings
I was having this same problem, until I realised it needs to be a 2 GB model or smaller as opposed to any random size SD card with 2 gigs left on it. Is the card you're using 2 GB or less?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Yes it is 2 GB, seems to be a problem with the SD card

Top Bottom