• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Wii U version has been sped up from E3

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I think the gameplay is the same, tbh now that I've analyzed the video more. The landing lag seems to be very real still.
*edit - i mean compared to the e3 demo

Last edited:

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
Eh, I think the whole knockback system was faulty in the E3 build. I saw Villager use an almost charged Bowling Ball on Bowser at around 130%, yet Bowser still didn't die. I think that both the knockback system and death barriers contribute to characters not dying when they normally would've.
That's true, but we're (or at least I am) still unfamiliar with how DI works in this game, or at least how influential it is. And by that logic we need to assume people from IGN playing have no concept of DI whatsoever whereas people from the community filming themselves play were probably at least trying to DI properly.

But it very well could be smaller death barriers, there's really no way to know. I'm more inclined to think the quicker loading times are just do to the build being re-compiled and also the console probably not being on for 10+ hours (which really can affect loading times).

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
its probably the same demo just using a different system to load the iso they are using, I heard that they might have been using it over wifi which would increase load times, or another problem would have been that whatever file they were using was corrupted in some manner causing the long load times and all the bugs in the game

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
That's true, but we're (or at least I am) still unfamiliar with how DI works in this game, or at least how influential it is. And by that logic we need to assume people from IGN playing have no concept of DI whatsoever whereas people from the community filming themselves play were probably at least trying to DI properly.

But it very well could be smaller death barriers, there's really no way to know. I'm more inclined to think the quicker loading times are just do to the build being re-compiled and also the console probably not being on for 10+ hours (which really can affect loading times).
You're right. The Villager and Bowser scene I just referred to came from the devs playing during Treehouse Live, so they may have been aware of how DI works and attempted to use it to their advantage.

Last edited:

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
its probably the same demo just using a different system to load the iso they are using, I heard that they might have been using it over wifi which would increase load times, or another problem would have been that whatever file they were using was corrupted in some manner causing the long load times and all the bugs in the game
You could explain slow load times with anything really. On the one hand I'm 99% certain the gamespeed is the same in this video, on the other I am pleased to see just how fast the "real" loading time is. And that's nice.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

i would like to think ign knows about di since they have posted a few articles about the smash competitive scene but who knows

Last edited:

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
i would like to think ign knows about di since they have posted a few articles about the smash competitive scene but who knows
I wouldn't make that sort of assumption. It's easy to google that information and write an article about it. Actually fully knowing it's implications and applying it is another. Not to mention there are 3 people playing in this video, I seriously doubt all 3 are fully aware of DI and how to use it.

Or they could just be future beasts at this game and destroy us all. Your guess is as good as mine.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I wouldn't make that sort of assumption. It's easy to google that information and write an article about it. Actually fully knowing it's implications and applying it is another. Not to mention there are 3 people playing in this video, I seriously doubt all 3 are fully aware of DI and how to use it.

Or they could just be future beasts at this game and destroy us all. Your guess is as good as mine.
sure but the fact they talk about pm and not just the three nintendo put out gives me a feeling of they know something but like you said who knows

Senario

Smash Ace
How about a different kind of comparison now:

Smash 4 Comic-Con speed to high level Smash 64
(Yes Isai is human)
I miss a lot of the stuff he does in smash 64 and just Isai playing smash in general. Those Dash mechanics are just lovely to watch. None of this silly sliding stuff just smooth transitioning and your character going wherever you press the control stick to. Hitstun is a bit crazy but landing lag was excellent.(maybe a bit too excellent, why it got decreased to half effectiveness in melee).

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
The first video looks quicker in my opnion...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not sure about gameplay looks similar. Loading time was also fast I. One video but the others seem to retain the load times.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
More footage
There's a delay after the first round like at the E3/BB demos. It's safe to say this is pretty much the same build we've played before.

My guess is in the first video, IGN edited things to make it look quicker.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
There's a delay after the first round like at the E3/BB demos. It's safe to say this is pretty much the same build we've played before.

My guess is in the first video, IGN edited things to make it look quicker.
they are also playing at a different set up, it may have something to do with it as well.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
Either way, it seems apparent for now that the Wii U build is almost exactly the same as the e3 build (if not the exact one).

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
I'm not "throwing hate out" to the competitive community. I'm criticizing some of them for disowning Smash 4 because it lacks wavedashing/L-canceling.

If I WAS throwing hate out, I'd being posting stuff like this.

Oh wait. Sorry.

Bottom line is I'm seeing way more hate towards "melee players" on these boards than I am for Smash 4 in general. Every new thread is littered with a stream of posts ****ting on this entire category of players without ANY provocation.

It looks like you got the game you want. Congratulations.. now uh... shut up about it?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Either way, it seems apparent for now that the Wii U build is almost exactly the same as the e3 build (if not the exact one).
tbh i was expecting it to be since that is almost always the case when the bring games that were at e3 to comic con, the time difference is not really long enough to be worth it to go and make a new demo, which you are just bringing to more people since way way more people show up to comic con than e3

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
It is without a doubt a new build.

Previously, loading the results screen was at least 10 seconds, it's instant now.
Landing lag looks reduced.

Megaman's fallspeed is much faster it looks like.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
It is without a doubt a new build.

Previously, loading the results screen was at least 10 seconds, it's instant now.
Landing lag looks reduced.

Megaman's fallspeed is much faster it looks like.
i don't think its new, i think they just fixed the way the demo is being run on the system which fixed some of the problems they had at e3 with load times and hopefully freezing for the people playing there

Padô

Smash Lord
I didn't see any differences, I'm sorry.

Loading screens are faster, everything else seems the same as e3 build.

I'll rewatch it later with my eyes on Megaman.

D

Deleted member 245254

More footage
Holy hell who ever was playing as P1 needs to quit gaming for committing one of the most pathetic performances in Smash that I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Holy hell who ever was playing as P1 needs to quit gaming for committing one of the most pathetic performances in Smash that I've ever seen.
not everyone at comic con is a gamer. be nice now

D

Deleted member

Although it's the same E3 demo, I noticed the faster loading times. It's probably either..
a. IGN edited the video.
b. It's the different setup.

But I see no different in the build itself, so yeah, no changes at all.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
kind off-topic, but man, the first player in that video must have never played a smash game in their life. :/
so painful to watch the sd's.
I think your just jealous your "Jump > Aerial > SD" combos just aren't as solid as his are.

so painful to watch the sd's.
I know right? My brain is always trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, "Is it screen lag?", "controller issues?", "testing aerial lag before second jump/recovery?" It was more than likely a new guy, but it's nonetheless as you say, painful indeed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGD-3l5qVYk

Ending of first match, the loading time for the results screen is the same as E3 demo.

My theory is that the game pre-loads the Final Smash cutscene for MM and just inserts the character(s) that are going to get hit during the end of the cutscene, so that when the timer hit 0, it was able to instantly load the results screen. Nothing more than a developer trick to hide load times.

It's almost certain that Comic Con is using the same E3 build.

Last edited:
Top Bottom