• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii u Pro to gamecube controller

Guvyer_III

Smash Rookie
I'm having so much trouble making the transition but i decided i had to do it since last tournament i went to the wii u pro controller picked up a lot of lag. But now with the gamecube controller i find myself unable to play at my full ability and thus i lose a lot more and can't get down moves as easily as i used to. I go back to wii u pro and everything is fine and i start winning again but i really don't want lag again in a tournament. Any tips on how to adapt better to gamecube controller?

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Just keep on using it. In time you'll adjust to it. In my very first Brawl days I used a Pro controller but adapted within three months of playing the game. You just have to use the gamecube enough to make everything muscle memory.

Guvyer_III

Smash Rookie
Thanks for that. Also i just received my own gamecube controller in the mail and i think it was just my friends controller wasn't working right because it felt way less responsive.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Consider using alternate controls if you don't play Melee. I used a standalone Wii Mote for years before I started playing Project M but by then I was already aware of what techniques required which inputs, what my own hands were capable of, and what sort of control scheme I would feel comfortable with. The transition was awkward initially but I got used to the controller after a few sessions. Still, even now I'm adjusting my controls as I learn more about my playstyle as I continue practicing the game.

Top Bottom