• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Homebrew Help

AlexTG

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

So i finally installed homebrew for the first time. Reason being is i want to play Smash Legacy with HD graphics from my wii u. Something my wii doesnt have. What homebrew applications do i need? I remember when i was into project m i saw a setup where they were playing PM on a Wii U and it had an "HD texture pack" or something and it looked BEAUTIFUL! Can someone point me in the right direction of what i should add to the homebrew? And also how do i add the homebrew app on my wii u once its been installed?

Narpas_sword

I'm not an expert on wiiu by all means - but need to clear things up:

1: Playing on the wiiu is not on the wii u but on the vWii app on the wiiu.
So - Youd need to install the homebrew for wii following guides to do that, not the wiiu homebrew channel.

2: Playing on a wiiu wont make it HD. Its still outputting the same resolution as a wii just upscalilng it. brawl is still 480.

The HD texturepack youre thinking of is likely dolphin which does output at higher resolutions.

Top Bottom