• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Remote.....

JAJBW

Smash Rookie
So I have this really, really big problem: I really like brawl, for all it has to offer, and lately I've been getting really good at it. BUT, I have a black wii, the kind that has more space, but doesn't read GCN games. In addition to this, it doesn't have any controller ports for GCN or classic controllers. Does anybody know if there is a way to perform shorthops and other techniques like that without using a gamecube/classic controller??:GCCN::GCU::GCDpad::GCX::GCRT::GCLT:

RyanJ

Smash Rookie
You can still short hop, but you may need to practice it a lot. It's really tedious, but after you know how to consistently do it, you'll be fine. I play Brawl A TON because the only system I have is a wii. I also have one of the wii systems that aren't compatible with gamecube. But, it shouldn't make that much of a difference in your play style, besides making it harder to perform tilts consistently. What I've done is make some custom controls to make it easier to grab, because mashing A & B at the same time over and over trying to grab doesn't work very well. I LOVE Brawl and am really happy that someone else is in the same position as I am. Good luck.
PS- hmu if you want to talk smash and techniques and I'll give you my #

JAJBW

Smash Rookie
by the way you can press minus to grab instead of A+B. Most of my friends think that it's really inconvenient, but honestly its not that bad. A few weeks ago I decided to learn nunchuck controls, it works really well! shorthopping is really easy, you can angle tilts/throws, the buttons have a slightly better layout, and it doesnt hurt your hands as much :3

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Short hopping is easy with the Wii Remote in my opinon, if you have a Nunchuck, just tap the C button quickly *not repeatedly/rapidly*. I also recommend Motion controls if you are using the Nunchuck, as it makes your smashes like usingthe C stick on the Game Cube controller, but possibly better since you don't need to take your thumb away from the A, B, X, and Y buttons. But I am guessing you are using the Classic Controller now, lol it's fine XD.

Top Bottom