• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii MotionPlus or WiiMote

Chrome Smash

Smash Rookie
I am wondering if I should get a MotionPlus or an old WiiMote for my Wii U, I am going to get a mayflash GC controller adapter for one of them and I am wanting to play Project M and Wii U games like SM4SH and MK8 when they are released with the GC Controller acting as the classic controller. So, will I need a MotionPlus for MK8? And if I do will it work with the GC Mayflash Adapter with Brawl (Project M) and Wii U games? Thanks

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
The mayflash adapter actually did not work with my wii motion plus remote. I thought I may had been doing something wrong; but after plugging it into a regular wii mote it worked. I would recommend getting a regular one just to be on the safe side.

Chrome Smash

Smash Rookie
The mayflash adapter actually did not work with my wii motion plus remote. I thought I may had been doing something wrong; but after plugging it into a regular wii mote it worked. I would recommend getting a regular one just to be on the safe side.
Do I need motionplus mote for the new Wii U games? Should I buy the motionplus add-on for the normal wiimote for that?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its not required but it increases sensitivity and is worth it imo

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, thats what I would do. I have 2 Wiimote/MP combos and I love them.

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I have never noticed a difference between a regular Wiimote and MotionPlus remote. However, a lot of games are requiring the use of a MotionPlus remote, so I would get them.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No idea for Canada, but I just went to like Target or Best Buy and just bought them.

Top Bottom