• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii hacking with USB Flashdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucarioMaster1134

Smash Rookie
Is it possible? I ask this because I have a 1GB flash drive sitting around that I don't have much use for, and a Wii, with 2 USB ports on it. and so I ask this question; Can I use a flash drive to make any kind of modification on my Wii or for any of my games?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Just get an SD card and SD card reader. You can get it at Wal-Mart for under 15$ or online at newegg for under 10$.

LucarioMaster1134

Smash Rookie
Well, I would, but I'm pretty strapped for cash, couldn't buy one if I wanted it. Seriously, I'm dirt poor, and I don't have a job either.

Pleather

Smash Cadet
This would be incredibly useful, I have the same exact problem. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm incredibly lazy, and I'd guess more people have a USB drive sitting around than an SD card. However, I don't know much about the workings of hacking the Wii, so I have no idea if it's plausible.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Just so you know, cameras that you can connect to your computer can often be used as sd card readers. Some phones that you can likewise connect to your computer can be used too. Personally I used a camera to transfer all the files and it worked flawlessly. As far as SD cards, I used one that I found in said camera.

Revven

FrankerZ
The only method is with an SD Card and SD Card Reader because the Homebrew Channel looks for an available SD Card and f it isn't in the SD Slot, then it doesn't load any applications.

Sorry, you're going to have to buy an SD Card.

Almas

Smash Lord
Discussing the act of modding a Wii - whether you are talking about how to set up said mods or create them yourself - is against this board's rules, as stated in The Smash Workshop Welcome Wagon.

You can find any of the resources you need elsewhere on the internet. Once you have everything set up, we will be more than willing to give you instructions and advice with using homebrew Brawl codes.

I hope your search goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom