• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer Buffs Wishlist

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I know the patches have ceased at this point but hey, a man can dream, right?

For a while now, there have been a lot of things about Wii Fit Trainer that have stuck out to me. Either as oversights or poor design choices, I feel like there's quite a bit that could be addressed in her toolkit to help make her more effective as a character. And that's just what I did here!

After going through all of the changes to adjust what seemed 'weird' about Wii Fit Trainer, I would say she would solidly fall into place as a top-of-mid-tier character if she received this kind of attention. Her strong points would be made quite more effective, and she would struggle less against low crouchers. However she would still have problems against characters with massive spacing tools (Cloud, Sheik, etc.) and characters with hurtbox projectiles (Olimar, R.O.B., etc.).

Still though, this was fun to do, and it's fun to imagine what kind of a character she'd be with these kinds of changes. Not changes to make her broken or overpowered, but just changes to things that did not seem properly designed in the first place.

Let me know what you think! Enjoy~

Attributes: Jumpsquat reduced from 5 frames to 4 frames

Jab 1: All hitboxes with active frame 5 adjusted to have active frames 4-5
Ftilt: Hitbox of back hit extended vertically downwards to the ground
Utilt: Arm intangibility added

Fsmash: Hitbox properties of front hand copied to front foot

Grab: Hitbox extended downwards, slightly
Dash Grab: Hitbox extended downwards, slightly
Pivot Grab: Hitbox extended downwards, slightly
Dthrow: Ending frames reduced

Fair: Hitbox of front hand extended horizontally outwards, slightly
Bair: Hitboxes of early hit and late hit extended from Wii Fit's feet all the way up to her torso
Bair: Active frames of early hit changed from 5 to 5-7
Bair: Active frames of late hit changed from 6-11 to 8-15

Sun Salutation: Hitbox of grounded shot moved (not extended) downwards, slightly
Deep Breathing: Base duration of buffs increased from 552 frames (9.2s) to 690 frames (11.5s)
Deep Breathing: Base healing increased from 2% to 3%
Deep Breathing: Glitch removed where, when Wii Fit Trainer starts a Deep Breathing, she loses all of her buffs from a previous Deep Breathing (if she still has them) when the current Deep Breathing has ended for any reason (getting hit, airdodge cancelling, failing the Deep Breathing attempt, etc.).

(Maybe we could see all of these changes implemented in a mod, just as an experiment? That'd be pretty cool.)

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Thanks for the notes, I'll see about putting these in tonight or tomorrow.

For fsmash, when you say "hitbox properties," do you just mean the "extended special" hitbox, or its size/damage as well?

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Thanks for the notes, I'll see about putting these in tonight or tomorrow.

For fsmash, when you say "hitbox properties," do you just mean the "extended special" hitbox, or its size/damage as well?
Basically EVERYTHING about the hitbox on the front hand (except I guess the size which should be readjusted to match a foot), now occurs on the front foot as well.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Bigger grab range, combos and follow ups out of down throw, and a way more reliable side tilt?

Dude! These buffs are so realistic and amazing! These buffs alone would make Wii ThiCC Trainer way more viable and dangerous. I pretty much fish for grabs most games and Wii Fit finally having a legit grab and combo throw? Yaass!!!! I wish Sakurai would have done this tbh

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Most of my wish list would really just equate speed buffs and active frames. Things like better walk and air speed, better FAF frames on this that and the third, lower landing lag on aerials, faster startup on yadda yadda.

I'd be ok with WFT's range flaws if she were more in line with other low range characters, especially when her height doesn't actually seem to benefit her range. Right now she functions like a street fighter character whose normals are all unsafe on block and that's kind of an issue.

Also, a combo down throw seems boring, give her something like Snake's where she massages them into a knockdown or something.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I know the patches have ceased at this point but hey, a man can dream, right?

For a while now, there have been a lot of things about Wii Fit Trainer that have stuck out to me. Either as oversights or poor design choices, I feel like there's quite a bit that could be addressed in her toolkit to help make her more effective as a character. And that's just what I did here!

After going through all of the changes to adjust what seemed 'weird' about Wii Fit Trainer, I would say she would solidly fall into place as a top-of-mid-tier character if she received this kind of attention. Her strong points would be made quite more effective, and she would struggle less against low crouchers. However she would still have problems against characters with massive spacing tools (Cloud, Sheik, etc.) and characters with hurtbox projectiles (Olimar, R.O.B., etc.).

Still though, this was fun to do, and it's fun to imagine what kind of a character she'd be with these kinds of changes. Not changes to make her broken or overpowered, but just changes to things that did not seem properly designed in the first place.

Let me know what you think! Enjoy~

Attributes: Jumpsquat reduced from 5 frames to 4 frames

Jab 1: All hitboxes with active frame 5 adjusted to have active frames 4-5
Ftilt: Hitbox of back hit extended vertically downwards to the ground
Utilt: Arm intangibility added

Fsmash: Hitbox properties of front hand copied to front foot

Grab: Hitbox extended downwards, slightly
Dash Grab: Hitbox extended downwards, slightly
Pivot Grab: Hitbox extended downwards, slightly
Dthrow: Ending frames reduced

Fair: Hitbox of front hand extended horizontally outwards, slightly
Bair: Hitboxes of early hit and late hit extended from Wii Fit's feet all the way up to her torso
Bair: Active frames of early hit changed from 5 to 5-7
Bair: Active frames of late hit changed from 6-11 to 8-15

Sun Salutation: Hitbox of grounded shot moved (not extended) downwards, slightly
Deep Breathing: Base duration of buffs increased from 552 frames (9.2s) to 690 frames (11.5s)
Deep Breathing: Base healing increased from 2% to 3%
Deep Breathing: Glitch removed where, when Wii Fit Trainer starts a Deep Breathing, she loses all of her buffs from a previous Deep Breathing (if she still has them) when the current Deep Breathing has ended for any reason (getting hit, airdodge cancelling, failing the Deep Breathing attempt, etc.).

(Maybe we could see all of these changes implemented in a mod, just as an experiment? That'd be pretty cool.)
Also they REALLY need to get rid of the fact that G&W can bucket her SS while she is charging it, small thing but it makes hate the MU becasue of this stupid thing.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Also they REALLY need to get rid of the fact that G&W can bucket her SS while she is charging it, small thing but it makes hate the MU becasue of this stupid thing.
It's a little annoying, but it's also a huge risk to G&W. Whenever he buckets something, he's forcibly stuck for 60 frames (30 if his bucket becomes completely filled), which allows Wii Fit to get a free Fsmash.

Also, if his bucket is filled with ONLY Sun charges, then it won't kill. Ever.

Last edited:

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I'd really like to see the foot hitbox of jab 1 extended inward. It's annoying how a jab that's supposed to hit both sides will whiff if the opponent is too close

SInogara

Smash Apprentice
need to Utilt had an ground hit box , Fitlt an larger hitdox front and back to tutch little character. Fair frame active reduce front 9 to 6 , speed runing increased.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
start up lag reduction on a LOT of her moves imo.

RichWalk9891

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking about several adjustments that I feel that Wii Fit Trainer could use myself. I don't claim to be an expert at Smash, so forgive me if I make a few awkward mistakes here and there. There are many good changes at Sm4sh Mods that I'm happy with, and I feel that WFT needs a little extra fixing:

[Increase running speed]: Right now, I think she's at rank/value 1.696. While she's is fast, I think she needs to be faster to compensate for her poor melee range. Maybe bump it up to about 1.8?

[Increase air mobility]: I don't know if this is the right term, but I'm talking about how fast WFT moves left and right while in the air. Nothing too drastic, but just a slight increase from .97 to about 1 or 1.05, maybe?

[Jab 1] I feel that the foot hit-box should be aligned closer to the toes instead of the shin as it makes her toes do nothing up close, while creating hit-boxes for the rest of the leg to avoid whiffing if the target gets too close to WFT.

[F Tilt] Create a hit-box on the foot and another just below at Frame 5 (I think). Then at Frame 6-7, enlarge the hit-box on the arm to hit smaller characters and position it more towards the fingertips to make the fingertips make contact. The other hit-box on Frame 6, the one behind the WFT as she raises her leg will also need to be enlarged too.

[F and D Smash] I don't know if it's an advantage, but I feel that they could do with a slight reduction in start-up lag, especially with the D Smash.

[N Air] The hit-boxes for each side need to be extended further away, so the left hit-box will be at WFT's hands and the right hit-box will be at WFT's toes, and with both of them slightly enlarged. Unless I'm overestimating this, this may make the (N Air to U Smash) combo work more smoothly if used right.

[F Air] The larger hit-box on WFT's arm needs to be positioned just under the hand, while having it's size increased. Also, make the hit-box on the left leg much larger and fit between both legs, or have two reasonably large hit-boxes for both feet.

[Deep Breathing] I'm not sure if this is already present after the official buff patch, but I think the effects of this move should be an increase in 30% exactly for each use. The length to 11.5 seconds is just about right, though.

...That's about it, I think.

Last edited:

Bobalicious

Smash Rookie
The biggest hope is for Wii Fit Trainer to gain a combo throw that has guaranteed follow-ups for a wide percent range.

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
The thing about a combo down throw is that if it combos into nair, wii fit trainer would be overpowered.

Also, in terms of throws, I would want for base knock back of up throw to be decreased so that upair connects until 20 and for its knockback growth to be increased so that it kills very slightly earlier.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I forgot to follow up with this thread, but pretty much all of John12346 John12346 's recommended changes have been implemented into SSB Better, which is in my signature if you feel like trying them out to see how they feel.

Edit: My signature is in my 1st post in this thread, or the link is here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom