• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii + CRT. Is there input or monitor lag?

Sdhy

Smash Rookie
Edit: Is there input lag or monitor lag with a CRT and a Wii for Melee?

So I decided to buy a Melee setup :)

I already have a Wii with the red yellow white plugs.

Is there input lag or monitor lag or display lag with a CRT and a Wii for Melee?

P.S. HDMI adaptor sounds expensive.

And hey, I might wanna practice perfect shields one day.

Another way to ask this is:

what are the pros and cons for all the types of setups?

e.g. HDMI converter, S-video, red, blue, green plugs, Wii vs Gamecube vs Dolphin, portable DVD player (lol).

Thanks.

P.S. is this the right forum to ask this in? Couldn’t find a technical support forum.

Last edited:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
There is no lag using a wii, it is still 60 frames per second.There are no real pros nor cons compared to other setups like Dolphin and a GameCube. The only problem I know with Dolphin is that your setup has to be good enough to run at 60 FPS online, plus a good connection. Thus, it is a little costly compared to just modding your wii. For my wii, I use an AV cord (the one with the multiple colors, along with red, white and yellow) and there is no lag in my CRT. I checked using 20XX and looking at the number of frames going by per second and slowing it to be accurate.

I am not sure about using an HDMI port, someone may have more knowledge on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom