• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi battle Question.

Naraku

Smash Cadet
Can you only do Time battle on wi-fi for brawl? I really want to know if I can play stock or not on wi-fi.

Darkurai

Smash Master
To the best of my knowledge, in With Anyone mode, you can only play 2-Minute Time matches. In With Friends, however, you may as well be on the same Wii.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
To the best of my knowledge, in With Anyone mode, you can only play 2-Minute Time matches. In With Friends, however, you may as well be on the same Wii.
Oh my goodness, if thats true then I'm gonna be mad:mad: Only two minutes with another person, thats not long enough to get 1 or 2 kills against a good smasher

twitch

Smash Rookie
with anyone mode you can play 2 minute matches.
and with friends mode you can have it your way! :bee:

Egobuff

Smash Rookie
Another question related to Wifi play:
Can you use your own stages in a) Versus Anyone b) Versus friends mode?

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Its going to be a huge pain to get "friends" aside from people you know personaly that are at the same skill level as you

jordanshuriken

Smash Rookie
but stock matches are fun too...
why would sakurai put in no ranking system and no stock matches in wi-fi matches?
he delayed the game so often I thought he would put in one or the other (or both)

STUPID SAKURAI

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
it is possible, i watched a brawl video made by ShadowHeor1991 on youtube, he used WiFi and was using stocks

J18

Smash Journeyman
if you can only do stock with friends, i'm going to spend the next 3 weeks adding every single wii code i see.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
YAY
tafutureboy you are awesome
BUT
how many stocks was it? is it ONLY that amount of stocks? or is it like.....you set your preferences then it matches you to someone else with those prefs? details!!

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
GAH everyone in that match is blue! its hard to keep track!
btw therer two secret chars in that vid for those who have not been spoiled to them yet (unluckily im not one of them)
buuut it says in the description that 3 of them were from VA and one from NC (which dont know what means ^_^) but that means he knew he was playing, so it was with friends :(

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
dang..and I hate time matches too. it usualy ends up being who can kill steal the most as everyone tries to kill the guy with the most damage. HOPEFULLY we are all wrong and it is a system similar to mario kart DS[/DENIAL]

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
My understanding of this was that when you go to play internet matches you choose the options you'd most like to play with. Then when it connects players together, the options with the most "votes" (the most people selecting them) will be used. Which means that if you're playing a bunch of casual players that don't change the rules, you very well may be stuck with 2 minutes time.

I'm not sure where I got that from, but that's what I understood. Hopefully it is accurate.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That sounds about right. When I did a match against Omnigamer we could change what we each wanted in regards to items, and choose a stage (I didn't know how to change time/stock so we just did time) and the game randomly picks the item settings of a person, and a stage that a person chose.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Here's confirmation from the DOJO!! itself: With Anyone/Basic Brawl.
"You can cast one vote for the stage you want to play. A stage is chosen by lottery from among those voted on by the players.
Also, the items that are turned off in the item switch are also determined by lottery."
Unfortunately what this doesn't state is whether or not the actual mode for the match (Time/Stock/Coin) can be altered when playing With Anyone. I assume it can be, since it is possible With Friends.

I have a couple questions though:
1) Is it possible to play Special Brawl with people online?
2) I know that Team Match in With Anyone mode is confirmed. I know it is possible to play with two people on the same system in With Friends, but I've also heard it is not possible to play with two people on the same system in With Anyone- Basic Brawl. Thus (finally) the question: can two people on the same system play With Anyone- Team Match?

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
in anyone mode u can play in 2min matches and team matches ONLY
however in friends mode u can play in stocks time, and cutstomize the rules as u please(no special brawl)

Station

Smash Cadet
It sucks you're restricted to time only and only 4 player matches. Mixing Time and 4 player matches really take the skill out of the game, it just becomes a huge spam fest. Playing against friends is awesome though and alot more competative.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i enjoy playing with friends better, also u get to send messages thru via taunting wifi. also
theres more match options. it just feels overall nicer, but i still like playing any1 online too

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunantly, With Anyone matches must be two minutes with items on (also you cant even choose how many players you want in the battle)

But if you get someones fc, you can play anyway you want ^_^

comboking

Smash Master
is it true if you give away your brawl friend code they can spam you and send you stages basicly what i am asking is what is the down fall of friend codes?

Top Bottom