• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Wielding Great Power" - How to play the Stronger Kong

Veggi

Smash Champion
DK is good on FD for me, he doesn't get gimped by the edges like other characters do and he has the stage spike. He has enough space to where he actually has a place to land without being hit, and at the same time people can't run away much. Nice stage, but there are better.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Great guide, also you should bring up how you can jump out of Falco's chain grab. Honestly that's the only thing Falco can do to stand a chance in that match up.

Irow

Smash Ace
That was probably the most interesting/funny guide I've read.

I secondary DK.

And to the guy above me Sig. If you're a smasher, you should always keep in mind.

No Johns. Even in politics.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
because of u i have seriously quit playing metaknight and now maining DK and 2ndin ROB :3 ty for the guide and i love dtilt into a 9 swing africa punch. killd a gnw @ 36% of the edge and the match barely went into 10 seconds haha! ty man!

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
On the east coast, there is a huge tournament happening in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Clash of the Titans IV. Anyone who is close to the area should come out--a lot of big east coast names are expected to show for this 2 day brawl event. I'll be there, and I'd love to meet some other DK mainers. I met Grape **** at the last biweekly we had and it was good!

So come out and represent the Strong Kong. And of course, Africa.

Tourney Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206898
All is Brawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3653

Also, I will be recording my match vids and youtubing them so I can get some feedback, since I'm not too sure the video thread has been updated. Thanks for your support. I love what these DK boards have become!

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
DK is good on FD for me, he doesn't get gimped by the edges like other characters do and he has the stage spike. He has enough space to where he actually has a place to land without being hit, and at the same time people can't run away much. Nice stage, but there are better.
I hate how big it is. My favorite stage is Lylat because everyone else hates it

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
On the east coast, there is a huge tournament happening in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Clash of the Titans IV. Anyone who is close to the area should come out--a lot of big east coast names are expected to show for this 2 day brawl event. I'll be there, and I'd love to meet some other DK mainers. I met Grape **** at the last biweekly we had and it was good!

So come out and represent the Strong Kong. And of course, Africa.

Tourney Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206898
All is Brawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3653

Also, I will be recording my match vids and youtubing them so I can get some feedback, since I'm not too sure the video thread has been updated. Thanks for your support. I love what these DK boards have become!
I may try to attend but I can't be sure yet. Hopefully it will work out.

i like to play on lylat especially when the Area 6 music is playing, gives me a fighting spirit boost.
DK on Battlefield is awesome for an awesome amount of reasons that are all equally awesome.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
This thread is full of win. I lolled at this:

If someone is being gay on the ledge (coughmetaknightcough) you can attempt to fall off, and bair them. It'll stage spike. You could also use the invincibility frames on his Up+B and it'll have the same effect. Remember it's only on the beginning of the move.
THE ART OF CONGO, I MEAN CARGO.
Forward Cargo (Press forward)
Donkey'll throw em at a 45 degree angle. Does 8 damage. This is more useful. This throw can be used to Cargo Stage Spike (or CSS) almost the whole cast. It makes people go crazy. The impact against the stage can be teched. Also, I've been footstooled more times than I can remember so be sure to do it correctly. Luckily, Ripple has made a video to deal with those dirty people that won't accept their demise of the Cargo. You can find it here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188510[/B]

So win!!!

Now about the info, you really helped me out on some things mainly the Footstool when i try to cargo their ***** to doom with a stage spike. Also, you've shown me the epicness of SideB and DownB X_X Thnx for your help =D

Riku00

Smash Ace
DK is one of the strongest in the game. to tell you the truth im pretty good with him but im not a big fan of going agianst him. why you ask? because you never know whn he'll land a smash attack and kill you without you even knowing what happened

Memun

Smash Rookie
you forgot that if you use africa punch in the air you'll fall down very slow :/

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Shouldnt the Africa Pawnch section have that trick where you hang onto the ledge.. then drop, jump and release the punch then sweetspot the ledge? I personally die most of the time I tr this... But its pretty popular nya~ Should be added o.o I dont think its there already.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Very fun/ interesting guide.
I was thinking about maining a heavy character, and this may just make me main Donkey Kong.
He seems far easier to use than what I expected.

NFS (sonic)

Smash Cadet
I always liked playing DK, this guide really helped, loved the pikachu vids.
After reading this I might even use DK as my main instead of Sonic

Top Bottom