• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wielders of Wisdom - The Zelda Player Finder (With Poll!)

Where do you think Zelda belongs in the tier list? (We'll look back to this in a few years)

• High

• Mid

• Low

• Bottom

Results are only viewable after voting.

Za_Warudo!

Smash Rookie
NNID
mokuna805
Name/Tag: ZA_WARUDO!
Preferred Palette: White
casual, competitive and Wi-fi
NNID: mokuna805

I used Sheik and rarely Zelda in Melee, began switching between the two but started to use Zelda more Brawl and now I've completely dropped Sheik to focus on Zelda in Smash 4. XD I like to think that I'm pretty good with her. *shrugs* I would love to get some feedback and advice from you guys if any of you don't mind playing sometime.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Name/Tag: GreyFox86 (Grey)
Competitive
3DS FC: 1951-0169-9972

I always have and always will be maining Zelda. I play with Roy and Rosalina as well but my goal is to win games and get far with Zelda. In 64 smash, Link is the only Triforce character I could use. In Melee, I wasn't good to keep up with the tech with Zelda but still used her either way. For Brawl was where I spent most of my time learning Zelda in her full and some here will remember me. Now for Smash 4, It's still Zelda and I hope to get farther this time and break the top 8 barrier that stopped me from reaching my full potential.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Name/Tag: Kyogokudo
Preferred Palette: 4, 8
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Not too sure honestly, I'd say casual. Wifi only.
NNID/Friend Code: yoshiboo62/0301-9917-1099
About yourself (Photo optional): Zelda is only my third most played character after Ganondorf and Pit but I still want to get good with her. Dunno why I just find her really fun to play. I doubt I'll be active but I'm still looking forward to play y'all. Oh and my english is awful but you probably noticed that already.

Last edited:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Name/Tag: Roy of Pharae
Preferred Palette: Red, Black
Casual/Competitive WIFI
3DS Friend code: 4442-1640-3373

Decided to pick up Zelda after seeing some really good tourney players using her. Loving the princess and she's now one of my most used if not my most used character.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Name/Tag: Hockeyfan44
Preferred Palette: Default
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual (not having friends to play with stinks)
NNID: Shockwv478
About yourself: I don't have one true main, but I have been improving my play with all of the available characters

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Name/Tag: TheEdgyOne (Mark's my real name)
Preferred Palette: Default
Casual, competitive, and Wi-fi
NNID: TheEdgyOne
About yourself: Too edgy to talk about myself I've always been a Zelda user ever since melee. I've dropped her as my main in brawl and smash 4 but recently started using her as my smash 4 main once I saw what she's really capable of.

Last edited:

Fastesthe1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fastesthe1
Name/Tag: Heather
Preferred Palette: Default, sometimes black, blue, or white.
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual
NNID: Fastesthe
About yourself: Zelda was my main back when I first played Melee. She continued to be my main through Brawl and Smash 4. I also main Robin in Smash 4. The Legend of Zelda is my favorite video games series, which I first played AFTER I mained Zelda. I am currently in college for a computer science degree.

Last edited:

Cartarian

Smash Rookie
NNID
flyflakes
Name/Tag: Will/Cartarian
Preferred Palette: Green and Black
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Competetive/Wi-fi
NNID: Flyflakes
About me: I've played smash since christmas last year, I picked up Zelda in about March and she's been my true main ever since. My favourite game is Kingdom Hearts 2, I had played Brawl when I was younger but that was when I didn't really see games as competitive.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Name/Tag: Underhill
Preferred Palette: Green
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Wi-fi Casual
NNID/Friend Code: CHase47
About yourself (Photo optional): I play Zelda as a causal character and I'm not as strong with her as I am with my mains, but she got easy for me to use along with her playstyle and she's really fun to use and I like to keep improving with her along with my mains. Prepare for battle and bring out your magic if you wish to face me.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Name/Tag: Trieste Sp (Not actual tag)
Casual/Competitive/Wi-Fi: Competitive never Wi-Fi
About yourself: Hmm... where do I start. I've been playing Smash competitively since I was 10 with Melee and I mained Kirby. In Brawl I mained Ganondorf but didn't go to tournaments as often. Literally once or twice a year. Then in Smash 4, I have a plethora of mains but I mainly use Zelda because of her playstyle and the feeling of accomplishment of winning a match using her. I also love to lab a lot and spent countless hours perfecting some techs. Currently, I'm retired from competitive play because I've moved away from my local and don't have access to the game.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I don't know if a "ZeLink" frequents Smashboards, but GGs I like your Zelda. I was the one using Link and Robin.

Silverwind 2020

Smash Cadet
~ Wielders of Wisdom - The Zelda Player Finder ~

Welcome to the official Zelda Player Finder for all users of Princess Zelda in Smash 4!
Please introduce yourself using the following format:
Name/Tag:
Preferred Palette:
(You can put a number corresponding to the top banner if unsure)
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: (Please put ONLY what you would like listed, not a life story)
NNID/Friend Code:
About yourself (Photo optional):
Name/Tag: Silverwind 2020
Preferred Palette: White/Blue
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Competitive
About yourself (Photo optional): I'm kinda nerdy despite my athletic lifestyle and build. I prefer to move away from the concept of mains, and instead have 4 characters that I'm much better at using than other characters. I took a card from Pokemon's deck and have dubbed these characters my "elite four." If I use any of these characters I'm playing to win. Of course Zelda is one of them. I first picked her up in Brawl, and realized I just had so much fun with her! Thus the grinding began, until eventually I became good enough with her to even defeat others I had trouble beating with my more experienced fighters.

Last edited:

LylatWolf

Smash Cadet
I've recently taken up Zelda initially as an 'experiment' character... but I ended up liking her SO much I'm actually considering moving her up to live next to my other mains. Hope I'm not late to the party!

Name/Tag: Morgan/LylatWolf
Preferred Palette: I prefer the default but I occasionally use red.
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Casual and Wi-fi. Currently have no access to competitive groups.
NNID/Friend Code: NNID TwilightWolf9012
About yourself (Photo optional): I've been playing smash since 64 but never really had any interest in online competitive play until SSB4. I've been a faithful Fox/Falco player but I've since expanded my horizons.
I've only recently become involved with SmashBoards, but now I can devote much more time to it. I'm new graduate with an associate's in science for veterinary technology, so when I'm not caring for critters I like to play video games and partake in casual games of softball and the like.

Blanco_

Smash Rookie
NNID
PKMayhem
Name/Tag: Neptune
Preferred Palette: Purple Dress
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Wi-fi
NNID/Friend Code: PKMayhem
About yourself: Ness/Lucas Main, but also love me some Princess of Hyrule

~Dionysus~

Smash Rookie
NNID
WingedOreoz
Name/Tag: Dionysus
Preferred Palette: I know it's cliche, but White Dress!
NNID: WingedOreoz
About yourself: I am currently heavily involved in the Minnesota Sm4sh scene. Originally a Zelda main, I still play her frequently as a secondary. (If by some small chance she gets several of her flaws fixed I would consider maining her again!) Nice to meet y'all! ;)

theburningstars

Smash Rookie
NNID
theburningstars
  • Tag: Sira
  • Preferred Palette: all blue everything
  • Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: any! i want to get more into the competitive scene, so i'm all for that.
  • NNID/Friend Code: theburningstars (i'll have to look up my friend code later)
  • About yourself (Photo optional): I main Mac and Zelda because I have internalized self-loathing that prevents me from playing top tier characters. More recently I've begun maining Bowser because I'm trying to hate myself a little less! I play a whole slew of game genres! Everything from walking sarcasm simulator Stanley Parable to JRPG Symphonia and to fighting games Dissidia and Smash. And I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Nintendo games, especially Zelda. The original Spyro trilogy and Sonic games have a soft spot in my heart as well! Not gonna post a picture here, but I'm sure there's some on my twitter @theburningstars

Not in about, but...
In reality, I main Mac because I loved him since announcement and like showing terribad Macs how to actually be the best boxer. I main Zelda because I love the way she plays and getting those reads is so satisfying. Bowser I picked up because I played him on a random match and actually did pretty well.

Last edited:

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
Tag: chris1855/Chris Liu
I like her original palette and green palette
NY
I'm competitive (Zelda is one of my secondaries, use her a lot)
NNID: mario1855

Last edited:

AuraAnimation

Smash Rookie
Name: Mark
Tag: Aura
Preferred Palette: Blue, always.

Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: Competitive! (she's how I learned how to play the game in the first place)
NNID/Friend Code: (do I gotta?) MarkyMarktastic
About yourself:
Competitive Mortal Kombat 9 player. Sub-Zero, Ermac and Johnny Cage all day! I'm sort of new to competitive Smash, being in it for only two years or less. But I am a player who doesn't care about tier lists and picks whoever I like.

And I LOOOOOOOOVE Zelda.

Love the Zelda and Pokemon series. Maining Lucario (favorite pokemon) and Zelda (so pretty) in both Smash 4 and Project M.

I'm also a 3D animator and I like making fwends.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

but I finally updated this (in anticipation of new players due to recent buffs).

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Did I seriously vote as Zelda being mid tier?
ewwwwwewwwwwweew what was I thinking
Pls add the option to change your vote like Squidboards so I can change that to low at least.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Did I seriously vote as Zelda being mid tier?
ewwwwwewwwwwweew what was I thinking
Pls add the option to change your vote like Squidboards so I can change that to low at least.
Didn't know you could adjust the poll like that.

Done - to reflect the playerbase's most current opinion on the character. However, I have disallowed others to view results/voters without voting first.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Didn't know you could adjust the poll like that.

Done - to reflect the playerbase's most current opinion on the character. However, I have disallowed others to view results/voters without voting first.
Thank you now I can sleep at night

Name/Tag:DJXYZ (di-jix-is)
Preferred Palette: One that's blonde, because I never played Twilight Princess.
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: It's always changing.
NNID/Friend Code: DJXyz640
About yourself: I don't even know if I'm becoming a Zelda player. However, I've been searching for a perfect match to my playstyle and I think I finally found it. I'm more of a content creator than a player, but maybe with Zelda on my side I can get somewhere competitively. Who knows.

Bunni

Smash Rookie
Is it still cool to post here
Name/Tag: Bunni
Preferred Palette: green zeldo
Casual/Competitive/Wi-fi: probably casual?, but I won't say no to signing up for a tourney or whatever if someone bootycalled me
NNID/Friend Code: BunniPlz/1521 4559 1277
About yourself:
I program **** by day, draw **** by night. I have terrible tastes in everything.

I feel completely awful because I never gave Zelda the chance in previous games, I'd just pick pikachu and spam thunder or something. Smash 4 is litrally the first smash entry where I try to play with my brain in addition to my hands. And Zelda just feels right to me. Go ez on me, gorls.

H4Xcaster The Hylian

Smash Rookie
Hi,Im a Zelda Main Since Melee,and I Stay Play as She as Secondary on Brawl and I wish when I finally Get My 3ds I Can use She as I Do :):zeldamelee::zelda:,. *Zelda Best Waifu*

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Dang I totally didnt know this existed lol, Im mostly in the zelda discord but here goes

Name/Tag: Onua
Preferred Palette: Black
NNID/Friend Code: stormfury

WiserThanYou

Smash Cadet
Trying to revive my Smash dreams, I've been gone for too long.

Name/Tag: Wiser
Preferred Palette: Blue
Casual/Competitive/Wi-Fi: Only ever played online against others since there's never any locals near me (rip)
NNID: L4D4ever1718

About me: I've been playing Smash ever since I could hold a controller, and Zelda was the first character I ever played as. I'm one of those people who tend to avoid tier lists, since my mains in every fighting game I play are usually in garbage tier. I took a break from Smash for a while but now I want to become a dedicated player. If only I didn't live in the middle of nowhere lmao
I still cringe at my ID :dkmelee:

Last edited:
Top Bottom