• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wielder of the Orochi Flame - Iori Yagami for Smash! (Mii Costume Confirmed!)

If both Iori and Kyo somehow made it in, how would you prefer Iori to be?

• Total voters

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
First Appearance: The King of Fighters 95 (1995)
Latest Appearance: Million Arthur Arcana Blood (2018) [Guest Appearance]

Who is Iori?

Iori is one of the central characters of SNK's long-running King of Fighters series, one of the core fighting game franchises on the Neo Geo. As a descendant of the Orochi clan, he can wield the sacred Orochi flame. His main goal in the series is to track down the main protagonist Kyo and defeat him in battle. Despite this however, Iori has often found himself working together with his rival on numerous occasions.

Appearing in every KoF title since his 95' debut, Iori is easily one of SNK's most popular characters. This is due to both his cool design and dominant playstyle (he is high tier in just about every KoF game). Outside of KoF, he has also battled Capcom fighters such as Ryu in the Capcom vs SNK and has appeared as a guest character in various mobile games.

Role in the King of Fighters Series:

Iori first appears in KoF 95, debuting as Kyo's rival. He forms the rival team along with Fatal Fury's Billy Kane and Art of Fighting's Eiji Kisaragi. After Rugal is defeated by Kyo, Iori remarks how Rugal was too weak and that the Orochi power could only be used by those of its bloodline. He then proceeds to greatly injure his two teammates and promises to hunt down Kyo.

In KoF 96, Iori forms the Yagami team with Vice and Mature, Rugal's former assistants who were secretly members of the Orochi clan. After Iori helps Kyo defeat Goenitz, the riot of blood overtakes him and he goes out of control. In this possessed state, Iori brutally kills Vice and Mature.

Fearing of the revival of Orochi which will essentially doom all of Earth, Iori temporarily joins Kyo and the maiden Chizuru in the KoF 97 tournament to seal Orochi away for good. Despite being controlled by Orochi's riot of blood, Iori is able to grab onto Orochi while Kyo deals the finishing blow. After Orochi is defeated, Iori challenges Kyo to settle their rivalry at the same spot they just fought Orochi. The two clash and the winner of the fight remains a mystery.

NESTS Saga

It is later revealed that Iori's fight with Kyo resulted in the latter being knocked out and abducted by the evil organization known as NESTS. Using Kyo's DNA, NESTS are able to make clones of Kyo so that they may spread biologically terror across the world. Although NESTS itself means little to Iori, he does infiltrate their bases in KoF 99 and 2000 to track down the real Kyo. In KoF 2001, Iori is asked by a secret agent named Seth to join his team in hopes of finding Kyo. Iori reluctantly joins the team and ultimately tracks Kyo. With Igniz's space station about to destroy the Earth, Iori teams up with Kyo, K', and Kula to defeat the crazed leader of NESTS.

Ash Saga

A new group known as Those from the Past emerges in KoF 2003 and manages to steal Chizuru's powers. Fearing that the group will try to revive Orochi, Iori once again teams up with Kyo and Kyo's #1 fan Shingo in KoF XI. Although Iori's team is able to stop TftP's attempt to revive Orochi, Ash Crimson appears and steals Iori's Orochi powers. Now powerless, Iori begins training using new claw-based moves. At the end of the KoF XIII tournament when Ash and his leader Saiki are defeated, Iori is able to reclaim his powers.

Current Saga (unnamed as of this writing)

Iori appears in this saga and again competes in the KoF XIV tournament. In Iori's ending, he is shown to be stopping a weakened Orochi from reviving along with Kyo and Chizuru. It is said that Ash's death from the previous game will result in many of the past KoF bosses being revived.

Gameplay of Iori to get an idea of how he'd play:

Reasons for Iori's inclusion

• Iori is one of SNK's most popular characters, arguably even more so than Kyo.
  • The King of Fighters series is incredibly popular in China and Latin American countries. The series is so popular in China that viewings of KoF 97 tournaments have often reached over 500,000 viewers (source). For a fighting game this number is insane.
  • SNK played a giant part in the arcade growth during the 80's/90's with their Neo Geo arcade machines. This - along with their healthy relationship with Nintendo through Neo Geo ports and the Switch exclusive 40th anniversary collection - means at least one SNK rep will most likely enter Smash one day.
  • Many of his specials are similar to Kyo's, meaning he could potentially be an echo or a semi-clone should Kyo somehow make it in. That way not too much time is wasted making him. Iori is so popular on his own that they might not even bother putting Kyo in and just go for Iori instead.
  • Sakurai has played KoF 95 before and would even win about 50 matches in a row (source). KoF 95 was Iori's debut game, so there's doubt Sakurai at least knows of Iori's existence.
  • Like Ryu, he could have the directional inpt mechanic to make him stand out from other fighters.
  • One of the main themes of Ultimate is the inclusion of villains. Although he is more of a rival/anti-hero, he would fit in well along with the rest of the antagonists.
  • It is rumored that Heihachi from Tekken will be making it. If true, this shows that you don't need to be the main hero to represent your series.
  • Iori is no stranger to making guest appearances, as he will be appearing as a guest character in the PS4 port of Million Arthur Arcana Blood. He's also appeared along with many SNK fighters in the Capcom vs SNK series.

Reasons against Iori's inclusion

• Third party slots are limited.
  • Like Kyo, he has competition with Terry Bogard as an SNK rep.
  • He has competition with someone from Tekken.

Moveset:

Here are what I think his specials (note how they are similar to the ones I made for Kyo).

Special moves:

:GCB::

Standard projectile that travels fast on the ground. This version would be weaker than Kyo's but stun the enemy for a bit longer.

Side :GCB::

Iori moves forward and can land up to 3 punches depending on how many times you press side B. The hits can combo into each other, and the final hit could break shields.

Up :GCB::

Standard recovery. Height distance could be greater or smaller than Kyo's.

Down :GCB::

Iori charges his meter like he could in the pre-97 games. When the meter is max, pressing down B activates Max mode. In this mode, Iori would be able to cancel between moves that he normally couldn't do. He could also maybe gain a temporary attack boost like the max mode in KoF 98, since his rekka system is less complicated than Kyo's.

Final Smash:

Iori's well-known Maiden Masher super. Sends the opponent flying high.

Possible Color Palettes

1535591886682.png

Kirby hat (source):
1548623293083.png

Possible alternate outfit (Ms. X from SNK Gals' Fighters):

Want to support everyone's favorite red-haired FG rival, or offer up ideas/opinions? Comment below to join the supporters list or chat about Iori!

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
i have good memories playing KOF and CvsSNK2 when i was younger

supports :)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Seems like I really have a thing for SNK. I'd love to be added to the list.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support.

If both Kyo and Iori got in though, then Iori needs this as an alt for sure.

Apologies as the image is quite big and potentially risque. Unsure, but just to be safe.
Heroine-miss_x2.png

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Always thought Iori was pretty interesting, even more so than Kyo, but as you said, he is more the Shadow to Sonic for Kyo.
Still like he's fighting style, also, his name backwards always makes me chuckle lol.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So there's been a big SNK related leak recently. You think if we get any SNK content that Iori will be represented in some form?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
So there's been a big SNK related leak recently. You think if we get any SNK content that Iori will be represented in some form?
My guess is that he’ll be shafted to being a spirit, but not without bringing in his KOF 98 and XIII themes.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well at least Iori got to shine for a bit in the Terry trailer.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I have an idea for an Iori yagami reveal trailer.

It would start off normally with kyo"s hand trying to grab it but this time its different characters

It starts off with kim kapwhan striking to the smash invitation mail but fails to grabbing it

Then its billy and Eiji Kisaragi trying to both grab and reach to the invitation but they both miss

Then its krizalid with the smash letter flying by he tries to grab it but the lab ends up breaking down

Then its athena trying to grab the letter with her teleport but she misses

Then its rocks with rocks theme playing while he tries to grab the smash letter just like in iori's trailer but misses then he turns his back with his wings

Then the letter is flying by so fast but an unknown figure manages to catch it

Then it reveals to be iori yagami with him laughing then it freezes to snapshot and says

"Iori yagami weilds the power" with a purple background with iori's logo burning purple

Bonus:His stage would be factory USA in Kof 98

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Well the costume looks nice. Wonder how ZeRo reacted to it as he really seems to love Iori.
Who doesnt love iori everyone does

But seems like iori is extremely deconfirmed along with marco

We will have to wait for smash 6

(But either way I am still really happy terry is in since he is one of my KOF mains and number one fatal fury main)

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, from a objective view would Iori actually work as a Kyo Echo or no? If yes, how similar Iori and Kyo's moves

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Out of curiosity, from a objective view would Iori actually work as a Kyo Echo or no? If yes, how similar Iori and Kyo's moves
At best he'd be a Lucas semi-clone where he shares a few special moves (namely the fire projectile neutral B and his up B) with Kyo but they'd have completely different normals. I created that poll at the top of the page when the concept of echo differences weren't clearly understood yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Iori ever appeared in Smash, his victory animation should be him playing the bass
dmzeh264aqz41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I wonder though. Since Terry had back special and super specials, what would Iori's be?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I wonder though. Since Terry had back special and super specials, what would Iori's be?
Forward B would be the rekka punch like in the moveset I posted above.

Backwards B could be this attack which I can't find the name of:

It's appeared in a fair amount of games and they could even make it travel farther.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Ever since I started playing Terry I wished there were more SNK characters in smash.
I hope at the end of the fp2 somehow Kyo and Iori would get in(the roster would be exactly 90) but it's a pipe dream.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if I asked this in this board but did Sakurai actually said that in the Japanese version?
EIsRb3rWwAEEwym.jpeg

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It cracks me up how Iori covers a lot of the "edgy" bases, and you'd expect a suitably edgy metal theme, but nope. Saxophone.

On that note, I might as well add myself to the supporter list.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Joe? Interesting.
Are they in the same team, or is Iori a solo entry?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
LOL Iori is actually trending on Twitter because of the whole surprise Joe trailer fiasco.

I'm really loving how SNK is doing these reveals. It makes each Wednesday so exciting.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Finished my article on Iori, which also includes a full moveset for him.

Article link:

And here is the moveset I came up with:

Normals:
Jab:

Light punch → light kick → Ge Shiki Yumebiki command normal attack.

Dash Attack:

Iori’s 129 Shiki: Akegarasu special move from KoF XII & XIII. Hits the opponent with a fast claw attack.

Forward Tilt:

Iori’s standing heavy punch from the KoF games. A fast punch with a long range.

Up Tilt:

Iori’s standing heavy punch when performed right next to the opponent.

Down Tilt:

Iori’s crouching light kick from the KoF games. Has comparable attack speed to Terry’s down-tilt.

Grabs/Throws:
Forward Throw:

Iori quickly moves behind the opponent in the middle of grabbing them, then throws them over his shoulder. Based on his forward throw in the KoF games (and to an extent, his back throw).

Back Throw: This is Iori’s Kuzekaze special move and would be one of the most unique backthrows in all of Smash. Iori shoves the opponent behind him while they are still standing. Although this move does 0% damage and has no knockback at all, the opponent will be unable to move for a brief second. This allows them to be combo’d into another attack, such as a light punch → special move combo or just a simple smash attack.

Up Throw:

This is his 212 Shiki Koto Tsuki In special move in the KoF games, but without the running at the start. Iori slams the opponent by the face and throws them to the ground, then causes an explosion using his flames which send the opponent flying upwards. Of all of Iori’s throws, this one has the most killpower and can kill from the center of Final Destination at roughly 145% with no rage/DI (comparable to Zelda’s up-throw).

Down Throw:

Iori holds the opponent up by the face for a brief second, then throws them towards the ground so that they bounce in the air.

Side note but I considered swapping the up and down throws due to the animation taking place, but I figured up throws are better known for launching enemies upwards while down throws have better combo potential.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash:

Iori’s blowback attack where he rams you with his shoulders.

Up Smash:

Iori’s crouching heavy punch from the KoF games. Has a sweet spot on his hand which does more damage/knockback.

Down Smash:

Iori’s crouching heavy kick. Best comparable to Terry’s down smash.

Aerials:
Neutral Air:

Iori’s jumping light punch. Quickly pulls out his fist in a downward aiming position.

Forward Air:

Iori’s jumping light kick. Comes out super quick and has very little active frames. Not exactly a killing aerial move, but knocks the opponent a fixed distance away.

Back Air:

Iori’s Ge-Shiki • Yuriori command normal from the KoF games. Deals a fair amount of shield stun so it is relatively safe to use on shield. The strongest of Iori’s aerials.

Up Air:

Iori’s jumping heavy kick, though angled more upwards to be better suited as an up-air.

Down Air:

Iori’s jumping heavy punch. Spikes the opponent if sweet-spotted.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special: 108 Shiki • Yamibarai

Press the special button (no manual input for this move) and Iori will throw out some flames that travel on the ground. Hold it while performing the move and the flames will travel farther. This move does not deal any knockback to the enemy on the ground but will put them in hitstun for about a whole second.

Side Special #1 (Forward + Special): 127 Shiki • Aoibana

Manual Input:↙ ← (up to 3 times) + Attack

This is Iori’s signature rekka move where you can hit 1-3 times. If both you and the opponent are grounded then the hits will generally connect. The final hit does a ton of damage to shields and will often break them if they are low, serving as a reference to the final hit being an overhead attack in the original games which is useful for getting past people’s guards..

Side Special #2 (Backwards+Special):

Manual Input:↙↘→ + Attack

Iori’s 311 Shiki • Tsumakushi special move. During the jumping part in the middle, Iori will actually dodge/pass through attacks and projectiles (but not actual opponents). The final hit deals a lot of knockback. Useful for recovering and gaining distance in a short time.

Up Special: 100 Shiki • Oniyaki

Manual Input: → ↓ ↘ + Attack

Iori jumps up high as flames appear around him. If performed using the manual input, the distance will be higher. Despite the appearance, the flames only hit the opponent once and aren’t a multi-hit attack.

Down Special: Charge/Max Mode & Ura 108 Shiki Ya Sakazuki

Hold down special and Iori will charge his meter like the KoF games from ’94 to ’97. The meter will also fill by getting hurt like in KoF. In the KoF games after ’96, the meter could also fill up by dealing damage, however I chose to omit this for balancing purposes.

Once the meter is full, press down special and Iori will flash orange very quickly and have a continuous slight flash. This means he is in Max Mode, where his specials deal extra damage and he has the ability to cancel in between special moves. For example, in Max Mode you can perform his neutral special projectile and then immediately perform his side special. Doing so will take away a small amount of meter as it continuously drains. You can also do the very first Max Mode activation in the middle of a move before using it, allowing you to perform a cancel without already being in Max Mode. Doing it this way will result in the meter already being half-depleted upon entering Max Mode however.

Finally, if you press down special while you are still in Max Mode, Iori will perform his Ura 108 Shiki Ya Sakazuki super move from the KoF games. This move is a slow moving projectile that dishes a lot of damage to enemies (about 20%) and leaves them paralyzed for 3 entire seconds. This can be useful as a combo continuer or simply as a way to land a charged smash attack on the enemy. You can perform this super move attack as long as your meter isn’t empty while it is going down, so even if it’s a split second away from ending, you can still use it.

Final Smash: Kin 1211 Shiki • Yaotome → Ura 316 Shiki • Saika

This is Iori’s signature super move followed by the additional Ura 316 Shiki • Saika super that can be performed immediately afterwards. Upon using the final smash, Iori would quickly dash forward and hit all enemies in his path while saying ”Asobi wa owari da!” ("Playtime is over!"). The enemies that are caught will enter a cinematic of Iori slashing at them repeatedly, during which he will say ”Nake! Sakebe! So****e, shine!” ("Cry! Scream! Then, die!"). Afterwards, Iori will perform the Ura 316 ending fortune while laughing maniacally, and the enemies caught in the attack will be sent flying.

Other Animations/Victory Theme:
Intro Animation:

Iori would jump in, have his back facing the camera, and then turn around while saying “Sugu raku ni ****e yaru” ("I'll make this quick and easy”).

Idle Poses:

• Idle Pose #1: Iori moves his body and arms in a more exaggerated manner for a brief second.
  • Idle Pose #2: Iori leans back and puts his hands in his pockets for about 2 seconds.
Taunts

• Up Taunt: Iori’s taunt from the KoF games. Stands firm and then says ”Ore ga kowai no ka?” ("Are you afraid of me?")
  • Side Taunt: Lights a flame up and says ”Kiero!” (“Begone!”).
  • Down Taunt: Iori’s taunt from Capcom vs SNK. Puts his hands on his hips, bends over, and says “Muda na agaki da!” (“It's useless!”).
Victory Theme:
Iori’s victory theme would be the win theme from KoF ‘98. There’s a lot of other options to choose from but I feel this would be the best since ’98 is one of the more popular games in the series.

Victory Animations:

• Iori does his trademark laugh after winning a round in KoF.
  • Iori puts his hands in his pockets, bends down towards the camera, and says “Sonomama shine!” ("Die as you are!").
  • Iori turns around (so his back with the crescent moon symbol would be facing the camera), points to the sky, and says “Tsuki o miru tabi omoi dase… (You'll remember me each time you look at the moon...")

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Finished my article on Iori, which also includes a full moveset for him.

Article link:

And here is the moveset I came up with:

Normals:
Jab:

Light punch → light kick → Ge Shiki Yumebiki command normal attack.

Dash Attack:

Iori’s 129 Shiki: Akegarasu special move from KoF XII & XIII. Hits the opponent with a fast claw attack.

Forward Tilt:

Iori’s standing heavy punch from the KoF games. A fast punch with a long range.

Up Tilt:

Iori’s standing heavy punch when performed right next to the opponent.

Down Tilt:

Iori’s crouching light kick from the KoF games. Has comparable attack speed to Terry’s down-tilt.

Grabs/Throws:
Forward Throw:

Iori quickly moves behind the opponent in the middle of grabbing them, then throws them over his shoulder. Based on his forward throw in the KoF games (and to an extent, his back throw).

Back Throw: This is Iori’s Kuzekaze special move and would be one of the most unique backthrows in all of Smash. Iori shoves the opponent behind him while they are still standing. Although this move does 0% damage and has no knockback at all, the opponent will be unable to move for a brief second. This allows them to be combo’d into another attack, such as a light punch → special move combo or just a simple smash attack.

Up Throw:

This is his 212 Shiki Koto Tsuki In special move in the KoF games, but without the running at the start. Iori slams the opponent by the face and throws them to the ground, then causes an explosion using his flames which send the opponent flying upwards. Of all of Iori’s throws, this one has the most killpower and can kill from the center of Final Destination at roughly 145% with no rage/DI (comparable to Zelda’s up-throw).

Down Throw:

Iori holds the opponent up by the face for a brief second, then throws them towards the ground so that they bounce in the air.

Side note but I considered swapping the up and down throws due to the animation taking place, but I figured up throws are better known for launching enemies upwards while down throws have better combo potential.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash:

Iori’s blowback attack where he rams you with his shoulders.

Up Smash:

Iori’s crouching heavy punch from the KoF games. Has a sweet spot on his hand which does more damage/knockback.

Down Smash:

Iori’s crouching heavy kick. Best comparable to Terry’s down smash.

Aerials:
Neutral Air:

Iori’s jumping light punch. Quickly pulls out his fist in a downward aiming position.

Forward Air:

Iori’s jumping light kick. Comes out super quick and has very little active frames. Not exactly a killing aerial move, but knocks the opponent a fixed distance away.

Back Air:

Iori’s Ge-Shiki • Yuriori command normal from the KoF games. Deals a fair amount of shield stun so it is relatively safe to use on shield. The strongest of Iori’s aerials.

Up Air:

Iori’s jumping heavy kick, though angled more upwards to be better suited as an up-air.

Down Air:

Iori’s jumping heavy punch. Spikes the opponent if sweet-spotted.

Special Moves:
Neutral Special: 108 Shiki • Yamibarai

Press the special button (no manual input for this move) and Iori will throw out some flames that travel on the ground. Hold it while performing the move and the flames will travel farther. This move does not deal any knockback to the enemy on the ground but will put them in hitstun for about a whole second.

Side Special #1 (Forward + Special): 127 Shiki • Aoibana

Manual Input:↙ ← (up to 3 times) + Attack

This is Iori’s signature rekka move where you can hit 1-3 times. If both you and the opponent are grounded then the hits will generally connect. The final hit does a ton of damage to shields and will often break them if they are low, serving as a reference to the final hit being an overhead attack in the original games which is useful for getting past people’s guards..

Side Special #2 (Backwards+Special):

Manual Input:↙↘→ + Attack

Iori’s 311 Shiki • Tsumakushi special move. During the jumping part in the middle, Iori will actually dodge/pass through attacks and projectiles (but not actual opponents). The final hit deals a lot of knockback. Useful for recovering and gaining distance in a short time.

Up Special: 100 Shiki • Oniyaki

Manual Input: → ↓ ↘ + Attack

Iori jumps up high as flames appear around him. If performed using the manual input, the distance will be higher. Despite the appearance, the flames only hit the opponent once and aren’t a multi-hit attack.

Down Special: Charge/Max Mode & Ura 108 Shiki Ya Sakazuki

Hold down special and Iori will charge his meter like the KoF games from ’94 to ’97. The meter will also fill by getting hurt like in KoF. In the KoF games after ’96, the meter could also fill up by dealing damage, however I chose to omit this for balancing purposes.

Once the meter is full, press down special and Iori will flash orange very quickly and have a continuous slight flash. This means he is in Max Mode, where his specials deal extra damage and he has the ability to cancel in between special moves. For example, in Max Mode you can perform his neutral special projectile and then immediately perform his side special. Doing so will take away a small amount of meter as it continuously drains. You can also do the very first Max Mode activation in the middle of a move before using it, allowing you to perform a cancel without already being in Max Mode. Doing it this way will result in the meter already being half-depleted upon entering Max Mode however.

Finally, if you press down special while you are still in Max Mode, Iori will perform his Ura 108 Shiki Ya Sakazuki super move from the KoF games. This move is a slow moving projectile that dishes a lot of damage to enemies (about 20%) and leaves them paralyzed for 3 entire seconds. This can be useful as a combo continuer or simply as a way to land a charged smash attack on the enemy. You can perform this super move attack as long as your meter isn’t empty while it is going down, so even if it’s a split second away from ending, you can still use it.

Final Smash: Kin 1211 Shiki • Yaotome → Ura 316 Shiki • Saika

This is Iori’s signature super move followed by the additional Ura 316 Shiki • Saika super that can be performed immediately afterwards. Upon using the final smash, Iori would quickly dash forward and hit all enemies in his path while saying ”Asobi wa owari da!” ("Playtime is over!"). The enemies that are caught will enter a cinematic of Iori slashing at them repeatedly, during which he will say ”Nake! Sakebe! So****e, shine!” ("Cry! Scream! Then, die!"). Afterwards, Iori will perform the Ura 316 ending fortune while laughing maniacally, and the enemies caught in the attack will be sent flying.

Other Animations/Victory Theme:
Intro Animation:

Iori would jump in, have his back facing the camera, and then turn around while saying “Sugu raku ni ****e yaru” ("I'll make this quick and easy”).

Idle Poses:

• Idle Pose #1: Iori moves his body and arms in a more exaggerated manner for a brief second.
  • Idle Pose #2: Iori leans back and puts his hands in his pockets for about 2 seconds.
Taunts

• Up Taunt: Iori’s taunt from the KoF games. Stands firm and then says ”Ore ga kowai no ka?” ("Are you afraid of me?")
  • Side Taunt: Lights a flame up and says ”Kiero!” (“Begone!”).
  • Down Taunt: Iori’s taunt from Capcom vs SNK. Puts his hands on his hips, bends over, and says “Muda na agaki da!” (“It's useless!”).
Victory Theme:
Iori’s victory theme would be the win theme from KoF ‘98. There’s a lot of other options to choose from but I feel this would be the best since ’98 is one of the more popular games in the series.

Victory Animations:

• Iori does his trademark laugh after winning a round in KoF.
  • Iori puts his hands in his pockets, bends down towards the camera, and says “Sonomama shine!” ("Die as you are!").
  • Iori turns around (so his back with the crescent moon symbol would be facing the camera), points to the sky, and says “Tsuki o miru tabi omoi dase… (You'll remember me each time you look at the moon...")
Isn't the fthrow originally him scratching the opponent to send them flying?

Last edited:
Top Bottom