• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

G

genkaku

Are there any big tournaments on the EC this summer?
considering taking a week or so to go art museum hopping.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
When do you all want to leave on Friday? I'm thinking around 5:00. We'll be staying in Chicago at Rat's place on Friday night.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
So we discussed this a bit on the way back from SMYM, but I want to see what people think of this.

I'd like to run a 2 day tournament in mid - late June. I will be looking to get a much bigger venue than what we have, but haven't started looking yet.

I kind of want to do a 2 day thing so we can run a ton of the crazy ideas we've got on the backburner. Here are the events I am looking to run:

Saturday Events
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
P:M Singles
P:M Doubles
Brawl Singles
CSP Singles
CSP Teams

Sunday Events
Special Mode Swiss
Ganon Challenge Crews
Crews Character Auction (3 person)
NBA Jam 2v2
Mario Kart: Double Dash (teams?)

2d Fighters on Saturday
MVC3
SSF4:AE
Persona 4
KOF13
Dive Kick
Mah Jong?

Other Event Possibilities
Melee Singles Iron Man
Melee Singles MK2 Only
P:M Cactuar Stamina Singles (All Random Characters)

If it doesn't work out, we can just cut the Sunday events, and run another IMDB with 2d fighters.

Sounds awesome. and it should happen cus it'd be super hype. add brawl teams is we are doin all Brawl + Melee related smash games
edit: Not gonna lie i'd be one of those guys who'd enter like almost every event on saterday

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
obviously down for this.

maybe teams auction as an addition or alternative to crew auction.

special swiss will be so excellent: every round is a different special mode

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So we discussed this a bit on the way back from SMYM, but I want to see what people think of this.

I'd like to run a 2 day tournament in mid - late June. I will be looking to get a much bigger venue than what we have, but haven't started looking yet.

I kind of want to do a 2 day thing so we can run a ton of the crazy ideas we've got on the backburner. Here are the events I am looking to run:

Saturday Events
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
P:M Singles
P:M Doubles
Brawl Singles
CSP Singles
CSP Teams

Sunday Events
Special Mode Swiss
Ganon Challenge Crews
Crews Character Auction (3 person)
NBA Jam 2v2
Mario Kart: Double Dash (teams?)

2d Fighters on Saturday
MVC3
SSF4:AE
Persona 4
KOF13
Dive Kick
Mah Jong?

Other Event Possibilities
Melee Singles Iron Man
Melee Singles MK2 Only
P:M Cactuar Stamina Singles (All Random Characters)

If it doesn't work out, we can just cut the Sunday events, and run another IMDB with 2d fighters.
Not my tournament, but can I make a suggestion? Split up the events better. Almost all of the "serious" stuff is on saturday and the silly stuff is sunday. More than likely, many people will come saturday and then not come sunday, or vice versa. If you want to keep attendance up for both days, spread things out and make both days more of a mixture of competition and fun. Maybe do Doubles events and CSP on saturday and do singles on sunday.

my $0.02

Rat

Smash Lord
roll all of sundays events into one giant event. Maybe call it the IMBD Gaming Omegathon.
my $0.02

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Wooh what happen here? Anyways, I don't think we're having smash this week.

**** 3rd strike aka Chun Lee.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make the smashfest tomorrow either, no biggy.

Rev6 - We can do brawl teams if there are enough brawl players there. We would prob run it at the same time as other teams events.

Scythe - We can run 3rd strike most likely. I just didn't put it on the list because just about no one in Madison plays it, but I know you guys do.
All the 2d fighters will be on Saturday, since it will only be a Saturday event for SRK.

Frootloop - We'll do 3 person crews (maybe 4) with a big turnout. If there aren't as many entrants, we can make it teams.

John - We can do that if Spikes shows up.

Sveet - That's a good idea. I was just thinking of doing it this way in case people can't make it both days. I might do something where we have top 8s on Sunday, but idk. The schedule is up in the air right now.

Sync - We might be able to do P:M crews. It's all dependent on time. I might make a pending event list with things we could run on the fly if we have time.

Standard Toaster - I'm most likely looking at the 29th, depending on the days I can get a venue for. That's still 2 weeks before EVO, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Rat - That's another option. That would work out well if we did do all the "serious" events on Saturday, not sure yet though. I think I would rather spread them out.

It sounds like there is definite interest in this. I would like to see if MN could make it out to this, and try to work out a weekend when everyone can make it. For now I'll start looking for a venue, and maybe make a thread where people can say what they want to see at the tourney.

I've got a couple of rough draft schedules, and it is really tight with the events listed above. We can't really add much more without dropping something else.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I would vote mk2 only or greengreens only instead of double dash

special teams should be considered.

It looks like sunday is kinda empty compared to saturday.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Inspired by Oros SZSSwDA, I'm going to be taking project seriously. I'll be playing Sonic.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Mundungu, I don't think time will be too much of an issue with both of us running events. We can easily run 7 to 10 events in a day since they use different setups.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Just remember your players will be overlapping too. FC had 5 or more TOs, plus pool captains and volunteers, and they still had a hard time doing 7 events in a day. You will be forced to restrict your players from entering events if you are running too much in parallel and/or make everything run much slower than it should.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
I love how he just read stab like a fkin Dr. Seuss book.
I did that earlier to my friend, I sat on the stage waiting for him to roll on stage and just rested in place when he got there.

Top Bottom