• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why will you be maining Bayonetta?

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I'll take Bae over any more FE chars or Cloud.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
I will def be maining her.

I used to be a Samus main, but she just has too many nonsensical and debilitating issues this time around. Mind you Ive stuck with her up until recently. I really love strong female characters, but ZSS just felt like i was selling out for a character that, for all intents and purposes should NOT be as good as Samus with her armor. This is the second time ive been let down by Sakurai.

I played the first Bayonetta when it came out on the 360 ages ago. She is exactly the kind of over the top, expressive character that I am into, and I see her as an opportunity to still be able to use a character I love with the hopes that she will actually be good. I also really love her moveset and I think it will suit my playstyle.

Last edited:

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Actually Bayonetta is NOT a character that is created and owned by Nintendo. Bayonetta is SEGA's IP.

Nintendo only owns Bayonetta 2 the game.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Yes.
YES!

I'm gonna try my best to main this character! When she was announced as the Ballot winner i was astounded,given all the stuff i've heard about her. at the time i've never played the games,so i was kinda clueless on her.

fast forward to this month. Now that i've played both games,I really like the character. her attitude,the over the top action,and the Jazzy music is right up my ally. I got a deeper connection with her than i do Mac because of this,but i'll still hold him as my main,cuz he's fun to me. She could cover weaknesses Mac's got too,so it'll work out!

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I will main her due I love her as a character, how hot she is and how awesome her comboplay is
Actually Bayonetta is NOT a character that is created and owned by Nintendo. Bayonetta is SEGA's IP.

Nintendo only owns Bayonetta 2 the game.
the maker of Bayonetta wants her to be Nintendo exclusive tho, thats why Bayonetta 2 is only on Wii U

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
the maker of Bayonetta wants her to be Nintendo exclusive tho, thats why Bayonetta 2 is only on Wii U
Not true either, they went to Sony and MS first for Bayo 2 but got rejected because of the low sales of Bayo 1.
Nintendo was their only option.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I main Ganon, and stay very fluid about my secondary options. Even if some of them outperform him in some(cough many) situations, I still consider myself a Gan main. It's funny, most Gan mains I come across are like minded and play much of the cast at a competitive/decent level as well.

It would take a long time to catch up any new character to my game count with my other mains though, so she has to be enjoyable or that'll never happen. As far as uphill-battle-character loyalty... my plate is full. From the looks of it she's a beast though, so it comes down to how much I can mesh my play with her and for that it's too early to know for sure!

I can't wait though... she's such a sassy badass and I loved B2 so off the bat within (ZING! too good) she's higher on my list than say, Shulk the Pits/Pal etc. (games haven't played)

I will be taunt canceling at just about every stylish window available. Cheeky

Last edited:

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
Going to main Bayonetta because she's top tier ofc, why else? Kappa
But all jokes aside i love anything Platinum games. Played her in Anarchy Reigns seeing her in smash is like a dream come true. I did doubt it at first because i thought she would mess with the ESRB rating, but after cloud got confirmed Obama could have gotten into smash.
Never been more happy to be wrong in my life.

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
I remember seeing a trailer for Bayonetta thinking her game would be like a DMC. B1 was one of the most fun games I've ever played. I haven't played B2 outside of the demo because I didn't have a Wii U till last November. I'll likely use her as a secondary like :4mewtwo: depending on how she feels, which is still a hell of a lot.

Kometaro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4398-9712-0018
I just want to play someone new and discover things. Plus, that combo game on Baeonetta is the best.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smash 4 has never managed to hold my interest and I'm hoping Bayonetta will be the thing that finally manages to change that. I've wanted her in since Bayonetta 2 was announced but I honestly thought there was exactly 0% chance she'd ever be in a Smash game. And then every single new addition to the roster up to this point for this game has made me more and more disappointed. After all that, it would be kind of a waste to not play her.

Bayonettaismynewmain

Smash Rookie
Bayonetta is one of my favorite games and I wanted her in smash 4 since launch. Since I couldn't play as Bayonetta until now I chose palutena as my main.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is why--

But really, I have enjoyed Smash Wii U, but I didn't have any particular passion for veterans and newcomers alike (as fun as they are to play and/or how well designed they are). Bayo was a possibility that I've always wanted but felt has zero business being on the roster and will never happen. So glad the polls trumped speculative logic and thus I have a new reason to try and pick up the game again.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
It's funny because I had never even payed attention to Bayonetta before her reveal, however after her reveal I bought myself both of her games, and I am not joking when I say, they are some of my all time favorites games like top 3 tbh. I cannot even put in to words how much I love her games they're just pure fun, the characters are interesting and funny, the world and lore is great and the gameplay is some of the most engaging I've ever experienced. Bayonetta herself has become one of my all time favorite video game characters and because of all that, I will dedicate myself to maining her.

Bayonettaismynewmain

Smash Rookie
It's funny because I had never even payed attention to Bayonetta before her reveal, however after her reveal I bought myself both of her games, and I am not joking when I say, they are some of my all time favorites games like top 3 tbh. I cannot even put in to words how much I love her games they're just pure fun, the characters are interesting and funny, the world and lore is great and the gameplay is some of the most engaging I've ever experienced. Bayonetta herself has become one of my all time favorite video game characters and because of all that, I will dedicate myself to maining her.
Bayonetta 2 would have sold better if she was in smash 4 at launch.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Well I've always liked characters w/ some sort of spiritual connection because of my faith. I love Pit in Brawl & Palutena in this game because she reminds me of Pit. I've played Rosalina up until now, but I have NEVER really liked the character & I've tried & tried to make a connection but it was never there. I also feel like Rosalina does not suit my playstyle as time has passed & I'm really hopeful for Bayonetta. I actually have more motivation to lab & practice her & find out all of her combos/percents/weight-classes/every tool available. When I realized all of those things & my motivation I could not help but be a bit ashamed of myself for trying to believe that I could have this fun w/ Rosa. Anyways, cheers to Bayo being in the game, can't wait to have SOOO much fun w/ this character.

Last edited:

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
The sass darling, THE SASS XD Anyhoos, I'm pumped to play the witch once I saved up for an Eshop card. Ever since I delve into the Bayonetta lore and how Bayonetta is fast-paced, over the top hack and slash game, I wish I could play it but I could only have a 3DS so the closest thing I could play her is in Smash so yay for that XD Also, guns on her feet, loving it. Overall: Bayonetta rules~

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
Because the character itself.
Because the music is hype as Paradiso. (or Inferno, take your pick.)

As I bought Bayo2 right after her announcement (actually I had to buy it myself after Christmas), because her games looked interesting, and thank god there was a demo or I would of never known how much fun it was.
Because I actually got really gitty after watching gameplay.

Last edited:

KingBIG

Smash Rookie
NNID
GreenTbagger
First of all, I've love Plat games, Even before platinum.(Clover Studios) And my unhealthy Obsession with the Bayo games. I can't not main her. Even though I like Ike- being my main, And I kind of lean towards his Defensive, space and punish play style, as is my Personality.

However In the long run, If I don't just up and main her.. and decide that I just happen to Like Ike more. Im hoping she'll be able to cover Ike's weaknesses. Though it will be a huge change in how I do.. Ill adapt and be all the better for it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Because she's my style and I love her character.

I would do the same even if she was the at the bottom of the bottom in the tier list.

KetchupKaffei

Smash Apprentice

Excuse my poor attempt*

To slay all ZSS and fire emblem characters once and for all!

Last edited:

Gecko Moria

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
Yes. I haven't played the games myself because I have no means of doing so but iv'e been watching Acestarthe3rd's lets plays of Bayonetta and I really love the character. As soon as I get the chance i'll be playing both games myself! I'm also looking for a replacement for PAC-MAN because sadly he's not working out for me. I tried zss, cloud and now rosaluma and didn't like them. I think Bayonetta will solve all my problems.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Story incoming:

I had my big break through in PM where I played Sonic because he's my favorite video game character and I loved just clicking B and spinning around everywhere and being hyper aggressive. While you click B as Sonic a lot in Sm4sh, he plays a lot more defensively and he's just an all around hated character in this game lol which people loved a good Sonic in PM.

I've had trouble finding an aggressive main in Sm4sh as I didn't wanna sell out to shiek, zss, or diddy. I didn't care for bayo when she was announced but tried her once in the lab and good lord this is the character I've been waiting for! She has comeback potential, combos, a good recovery, you can get creative with your combos, and I'm clicking B a whole bunch which is exactly what everything PM Sonic did.

Tl:dr she fits me like a glove and I found her music to be quite classy :)

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
She's technical, precise, depth and combo oriented. And unlike MK she has a long range presence. I will be co-maining her. I hope to be at the front of her meta game.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
The same reason I "main" anyone. Because I enjoy playing as them. I love Bayonetta's games and I've had a blast playing as her in Smash so far.

DragonBall_Zack

Smash Cadet
I absolutely loved the original Bayonetta and love Bayonetta 2 even more (One of my all time favorite games and the best game on the Wii U in my opinion). I think I voted for her over a hundred times in the Smash Ballot (Along with Crono) so imagine my overwhelming joy hearing her voice in her reveal trailer lol. It's still doesn't feel real that she's actually in Smash.

haxfactory

Always in the lab
NNID
thehaxfactory
3DS FC
1779-3108-5319
Switch FC
SW-1200-3583-4733
To be completely fair, Bae actually has been in an anime movie. No, I'm not counting CG movies for Cloud.
You know Cloud was in an actual anime movie too right? I think it was called something like Last Order. I mean he was like a dribbling vegetable through the whole thing while Zack did all the work like the boss he is, but Cloud was in it.

Also, I fully intend to use Bayonetta purely because I think she is highly technical and quite possibly incredibly good once mastered. I don't even like her, I would need some particularly colorful language if I were to describe my opinions of her as a character. However, if she's good and hard to use, then I'll learn her.

I dropped Rosa pretty much day one because she was kinda braindead. Even though I love Rosa as a character and I use her in Mario Kart. I was super excited about her and I figured a puppeteer character would be somewhat difficult to use, nope. So I dropped her and started playing Fox instead.

I actually considered picking up Ryu purely due to the technical nature of the character, but didn't really like the way he felt that much.

I actually enjoy playing Samus and Mewtwo, but they are so bad I could never see myself choosing either of them in a tournament.

First impressions of Bayonetta are odd, she feels completely unnatural but has tons of possibilities as pretty much nothing puts you into special fall, meaning so long as you don't mess up, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Her moveset I am absolutely in love with. It's flashy and pretty much the opposite of brain dead. I'm sure at some point the combos will be optimized and start looking boring but for right now, I just wanna style on some kids.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I won't main her but will play as her from time to time, I think. She looks pretty hard to master.

I mean I like her and her games but not sure how well I'll play with her.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
Like the character, like the game, like playing as her in smash.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Bayonetta is the greatest female video game character of all time, hands down. She is THAT *****. She gives 0 ****s, kicks *** and looks great doing it. I honestly hope that she is mid-low tier because I dont want all of the tier-trolls using her everywhere. Or people questioning my motives for using her. Her inclusion in smash is the ultimate FAN service, so she should be used by her true fans and not a bunch of lames exploiting her (potentially high) tier status. At the very least I hope she has a high learning curve to deter those who arent fully dedicated to the cause.
Er...no...Samus is the greatest female video game character of all time....or some people would say Lara Croft acording to WatchMoJo

camden

Smash Apprentice
I've basically spent the entirety of Smash 4 without a true main. I had Ganon for a little while but could never find a character that fit me perfectly. I wanted someone that had a open-ended combo game and some really interesting movement options. While I was super hyped for Bayonetta after hearing her announcement (I think she was a top 3 choice for me to win the ballot), it wasn't until playing around with her where I realised just how excited I actually was. I actually can't wait to get better with her because she's so much fun.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I am one of the people most dedicated to my character I know. I've been maining Ganon in every smash game he's in, but I am such a huge Bayonetta(platinum games in general) fan that I have to main her. I HAVE TO.

And I was real sceptical of people who off the bat decided they were M2/Ryu/Cloud mains.

Why will you main Bayonetta?
I'm trying to do so for pretty much the same reason you are. she's the only character in this game that just like THAT much.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
You know Cloud was in an actual anime movie too right? I think it was called something like Last Order. I mean he was like a dribbling vegetable through the whole thing while Zack did all the work like the boss he is, but Cloud was in it.
I was unaware of that, actually.

MINUSTHEFIGHTER

Smash Rookie
NNID
trueb7ue
3DS FC
1461-6195-7866
She was the character I wanted in above all else. 'Nuff said.

Top Bottom