• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Waluigi May Not Be Likely For Smash 5.

Does Anyone Hate Sakurai Now?

• YES!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he's still cool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jourdon Patron

Smash Rookie
Waluigi is one of the characters I think is pretty funny and wacky and a character I think has serious potential to be a better character than he is as of now. And I wanted him to become a real fighter since Brawl. As much I was I want him to be a fighter there are some reasons I think It may not happen.

I've been seeing a lot of debates here surrounding Waluigi and his

I personally I would love to see him and one other Mario rep to replace Dr. Mario but seeing everything I've seen I honestly don't think Waluigi is not more likely than characters like King Boo Daisy Geno or even Toad
At least not Anymore....

Here are some common arguments by people on Waluigi being the more likely.

Reasons:
1. He's been an assist trophy twice (And that is far from a good sign)
Many people say "Waluigi being an assist trophy" increases his chances but it really doesn't. This is what I initially thought in Brawl.
But he's an assist trophy once again in Smash 4 and looking into Assist Trophies, all recurring Assist trophies never became fighters at all. Little Mac did but that was a totally different story. He was actually going to be a fighter in Brawl but because of issues with him he ended up an assist until he finally made his debut in Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS

So if characters are assist trophies they are pretty much are going to stay that way and people say him being an assist guarantees him to be in the next Smash. If him being an assist trophy increased his chances at all he wouldn't have been an assist trophy twice and Rosalina and Bowser Jr. even DR MARIO wouldn't have been fighters before him. So Waluigi would've had BETTER chances if he was never an assist trophy, to begin with.

2. His Insane Popularity (Surprisingly) doesn't help his case at all.
Many people also used his insane popularity over other Mario characters as a case but this doesn't help him. If anyone knew Sakurai they'd know, he could care less about how popular a character is, He simply doesn't care. He adds characters based on impact, relevancy, and has a thing with using certain characters for advertisement of other series. (Explaining Fire Emblem reps) Sakurai explained Popularity is not a factor that gets any character he chooses for Smash, When a character is added, they are added either for Promotion, Advertisement, or for Retro Representation, not how many fans support them and not how popular they are compared to other characters. So this argument is pretty much useless at this point.
3. Masahiro Sakurai HATES Waluigi.
Now, this is a big bomb dropped on those who were both fans of Waluigi and Sakurai. Apparently, Sakurai does not like him. He's even gone on the record to directly discredit Waluigi when his name is ever brought up in an interview. Despite Waluigi's potential, Sakurai chose to make Waluigi an assist trophy two times because he doesn't think he's worthy of Smash. And you're going to love this, When Sakurai confirmed Waluigi was not playable once again he LITERALLY went on Miiverse trolling Waluigi fans with a picture of him being an assist trophy for the second time with the post reading: "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll ever make it into battle" And you're going to love this, Sakurai even said All Waluigi was good for is Playing Tennis! Waluigi has the moveset potential but will never get Sakurai's approval and that's the truth that made many of his fans hate Sakurai. At this point Waluigi is lucky he's even an assist trophy.

Now when the NEW Smash Switch was revealed, it seemed Waluigi could have a chance since it was rumored Sakurai was not involved but since it's been confirmed Sakurai is involved, you can bet he'll make sure Waluigi is an trophy again.

I'm not saying he won't be fighter but it's as likely anymore as people keep saying it is so please don't get your hopes up TOO high because with Trolly Sakurai as the head developer, Waluigi is in deep trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom