• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Pit is A Solid High Tier

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh... but dude Pit can’t do two lasers in a short hop fastfall? Bottom tier. Seriously though we may as well whine like Marss about how our character sucks so much and then when we lose we can say our character is just bad. Anyway, just had to get that out of the way it’s getting quite irritating all these faux pit mains who say the character is bottom three because they don’t benefit from a lag switch unlike the other characters they play. (Looking at you Wi-Fi Trainer).

Pit’s matchup chart is solid. His attributes are well balanced making him a consistent character for many situations. I’ve just come from using Roy for several months and I believe Pit is superior competitively, at least if you judge characters by their matchup charts for their competitive viability. I mean Roy may make a better counterpick character but Pit is a much better solo main who doesn’t get washed in certain matchups. Roy struggles against tiny characters, and ones who can edgegaurd him well make it even worse. Characters like :ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultgreninja: can cause major problems for Roy, while Pit may consider these characters tough they aren’t as much as a wall for him as they are for Roy. Pit’s worst matchup, ZSS now has gone from -2 to -1 in my opinion, still his worst matchup but not as impossible as it used to seem. Pikachu too used to be -2 but now also is -1, the orbitals buff really helps against t jolt. Roy may be more explosive and can dominate a bit harder in some MUs making him a better counterpick character but he can be inconsistent not only in his MU spread but also in his gameplay, mainly due to his recovery but also his sour spots. Pit does have inconsistencies in his hitboxes but those can be fixed since they aren’t an integral part of his design, whereas Roy’s sour spots are part of his design and I doubt they’ll buff his recovery.

This not only goes for Roy but other polarizing characters regardless how high they are on the tier list like Mewtwo, Snake, Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, Incineroar etc. characters that have big strengths and weaknesses gives them an inconsistent matchup spread. But characters like Pit, Lucina, Palutena, Mario, Joker who have tools for a variety of situations tend to have more balanced MU charts which I think fits the meta more. Pit’s new kill confirms or stronger kill confirms from the buffs help to alleviate his biggest problem which was taking stocks. His reflector which was previously horrible in projectile matchups now has become a solid tool, and I believe Pit’s kit is moving from a kit to an arsenal where every move is a respectable option. Pit doesn’t need buffs to anything else really at this point, just fixes to multihits and side b connectivity/super armor inconsistencies. If he could stop getting poked in the feet from the side with orbitals that would be great too. But at this point these are more of nitpicks, Pit has the tools to handle each matchup. However, if people want to keep complaining about how Pit is low tier then I won’t stop you, perhaps when they make Pit top tier he’ll be “at the cusp of reaching mid tier” according to these fraud Pit mains.

Top Bottom