• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why pikachu is the best character in ultimate hands down

high hopes

Smash Rookie
in this thread, I would like to talk about the best character in smash ultimate

reason 1. grab, Pikachu grab is a very good move, dthrow can do massive damage and (although being hard) can even confirm kills below 50%, and he has a kill throw in uthrow

reason 2. neutral, Pikachu has a great neutral between t jolt, fair and bair

reason 3. combo game, he has amazing combos being able to do 60+ and gives pika good positioning and that's not just lightning loops that do that

reason 4. edge guarding/ledge pressure, he has so many tools to edge guard in his aerials, thunder and t jolt to the point that it's hard to recover against Pikachu, and if your a character thats hard to edge guard you can do for ledge pressure with his lingering fair and bair

reason 5. pancaking, Pikachu has something on his aerials known as pancaking where he goes flat and the only way you can hit I'm is by using a bog hitbox like game and watch up b

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
in this thread, I would like to talk about the best character in smash ultimate

reason 1. grab, Pikachu grab is a very good move, dthrow can do massive damage and (although being hard) can even confirm kills below 50%, and he has a kill throw in uthrow

reason 2. neutral, Pikachu has a great neutral between t jolt, fair and bair

reason 3. combo game, he has amazing combos being able to do 60+ and gives pika good positioning and that's not just lightning loops that do that

reason 4. edge guarding/ledge pressure, he has so many tools to edge guard in his aerials, thunder and t jolt to the point that it's hard to recover against Pikachu, and if your a character thats hard to edge guard you can do for ledge pressure with his lingering fair and bair

reason 5. pancaking, Pikachu has something on his aerials known as pancaking where he goes flat and the only way you can hit I'm is by using a bog hitbox like game and watch up b
I can attest to most of that, even being restricted to Brawl! Pikachu has a nightmare-inducing defensive game, but is no slouch on the attack either. That lightning bolt also pinched my nerves when recovering. To this day I am trying to formulate the best strategy against that frustrating... I suppose I could not give a realistic, taxonomic classification...

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
As much as I know people hate it, considering I've used Pika since 64 I love how good he is in Ult.

SneakOak

Smash Rookie

Can someone review my match with Pikachu?

Top Bottom