• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why nobody cares about ZSS?

kimohno

Smash Rookie
Last post was 10 days ago. Why does no odd care about ZSS. Because she lost her combos? Not much tournament representation? Just curious cause after lots of test plays with 74 characters I started to resonate with her (and I played her in 4) but can’t find much information.

Cheers

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Last post was 10 days ago. Why does no odd care about ZSS. Because she lost her combos? Not much tournament representation? Just curious cause after lots of test plays with 74 characters I started to resonate with her (and I played her in 4) but can’t find much information.

Cheers
I kinda feel like it's mostly that people are just spamming games.

Personally I feel like the dev team failed this character again, I don't really care about her being op or anything but there is a number of things that just weren't addressed in yet another iteration of smash.

1.Still have people falling out of up tilt/up smash.

2.Forced to jump off of people regardless of whether they are shielding , intangible or attacking.

3. 95% of the cast destroys paralyzer shots uncharged and charged by just breathing on it.

love some of the quality of life such as no rco lag from getting hit out of up b or down b. As well as people actually being stuck in boost kick if you have them right in front of you.

The biggest issue I have so far is that the dev team took so much more consideration to the belmonts whip ,while kinda just being lazy be for hers.

" We will just make upsmash kill and make Nair have a bit more horizontal reach"

When your still trading with clouds down air with upsmash.

Downsmash was another really dumb change if they didn't like low% combos /infinites they should have just scrapped it and replaced it with something that hits both sides probably.

Since smash 4 be felt like you just have to try to hard to be so percise with zss to even perform above mid lv.
I actually had an event where I could not upsmash someone who was buried because I wasn't directly on top of them(feel like it was an Isabelle.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I think people avoid ZSS because she’s difficult to play. She still has her ladders that kill and I think she’s gonna sneak up out of nowhere. She has a ton of high damage combos and kill confirms. She even has kill confirms from early percents

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I think people avoid ZSS because she’s difficult to play. She still has her ladders that kill and I think she’s gonna sneak up out of nowhere. She has a ton of high damage combos and kill confirms. She even has kill confirms from early percents
True unfortunate about her is she can kill so many different ways at some many different %s.

But some people just body her neutral if your not on point and being very mobile.

David Viran

Smash Lord
The zss boards hasn't been active since like 2016. Way before ult came out. Pretty much anyone active is in the discord.

Last edited:
Top Bottom