• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why isn't Sakurai making QoL changes?

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I want to remap change colour to X and Y to remain consistent with the last three games
I want to map change team colour to L and R the way you could change team colour using X and Y in Brawl.
Changing echo fighter and trainer's pokemon can go to ZL and ZR since they are the least used options.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
These aren't really QOL changes, they don't directly improve or worsen the core gameplay. Fixing multi-hit moves dropping and making online matchmaking less of a crapshoot would be real QOL improvements. As to why? No idea.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
These aren't really QOL changes, they don't directly improve or worsen the core gameplay. Fixing multi-hit moves dropping and making online matchmaking less of a crapshoot would be real QOL improvements. As to why? No idea.
they mostly allow consistency with previous games and make things less of a pain

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Some small things that I would like to change:

1. add a shortcut to hazzards on/off on the stage select menu.
2. possibility to change character portraits positions.
3. possibility to change stages pictures positions.
4. remove the need to finish WoL to change the menu music.
5. possibility to play Brawl's theme in Battlefield/Final Destination stages.
6. after select a character, the "coin" of each player be above the "Ready to Fight" strip.
7. Remove the bonus stage and credits after beat every Classic game.
8. Duplicate a saved ruleset to make another with small changes would be good too.

Of course that most of these things can be seen as nitpicks, and they can actually really be. These are not things that ruin the game in any way, is just a thing that I constantly think about when I'm playing and I face the fact that I need to do some little annoying action to solve some small problem on the interface.

Smash is already a game that allows a lot of customization, more than most of the games out there. But because they already do a lot, do just a little bit more doesnt look like ask too much.

I will not say what I want to change in multiplayer cause would not be small things... It would basically require Smash 6.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
There's a lot of menu related stuff I'd love to see too.

Allow me to change rules without having to modify a ruleset and without resetting the selection process. Right now, if I want to just make small adjustments to the rules, I'm forced to save them to a ruleset, AND I have to reselect stages and characters. There's absolutely no reason for this to be a thing.

Allow me to remove any player with any controller. Would solve a lot of annoyances when playing with large groups.

Allow me to quit the match results screen without every single player having to confirm they're done. Again, would solve a lot of annoyances when playing with large groups.

Add a more option on random stage selection so I can create a stage list with a mix of styles. Ideally, I could have a random stage selection of stages with hazards or no hazards, and omega and battlefield forms as I see fit. This would massively improve the selection of stages I could have available when just going for random.

Just those would make the game way more enjoyable as a party game. The last one would benefit competitive play too. Maybe not professional play, but it'd make things more fun when doing a series of 1v1s with a friend. I really don't expect them to change these kind of thing though, and I doubt there's a real demand for it.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, for one, you do know Sakurai doesn't make the game alone, right?

Though, I would love for them to fix the travesty that is the normal Smash menu. A default ruleset would have been nice, but the way they have it set up is horribly inconvenient. Especially when pretty much every other game had this system down pat. For that matter, I prefer picking stages last.

Speaking of picking, I wish there was at least an option for a by series organization of stages and fighters. The music is sorted this way why can't we do that with the others? At the very least, I'd like to separate the echoes into their respective Smash games. Come on, if you're going to make it about Smash, at least have the decency not to lump a newcomer in with the original cast because the way they treat echoes makes even the Smash ordering incorrect. Not to mention, the Melee and Brawl fighter sections seem particularly egregious. Did Melee even have trickled out reveals? How did they decide who goes where? Plus, when most fighters from the same series can't even be next to each other despite both joining in same game it's almost as if they just didn't want it to look somewhat consistent.

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
Well, for one, you do know Sakurai doesn't make the game alone, right?
He is the face of the game dev team, so Everything suggested at him is obviously meant for all. It's like saying: "Why is Trump building a wall?".

Top Bottom