• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is online in this game so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
i know this has proven true before, but it is obscene that nintendo couldn't fix a clearly broken online system after six months of the game being out. i'm still trying because mario kart 8 and splatoon 2 made purchasing online worth it, but i'm fed up with all of the unwanted free for all matches, and i'm not going to put up with this game's sh*t any longer.

i'm putting it down for quite some time and plan to rarely pick it up. if i do, it will never be to play online in any form unless a major update was released (4.0, 5.0, et cetera). if nintendo doesn't fix most of what's critically flawed with ultimate's online in the next three to five major updates, i'm selling my cartridge, dusting off the old gamecube, and buying a copy of melee.
I understand your feelings towards this online system, but getting consitent 1v1 is not an understanable complaint. the problem with this online is that you can ONLY GET 1v1s once you reach a certain threshold.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
I understand your feelings towards this online system, but getting consitent 1v1 is not an understanable complaint. the problem with this online is that you can ONLY GET 1v1s once you reach a certain threshold.
well if that threshold exists, i'm going to guess there is one where the opposite occurs. i mean being forced into free for all matches has taken a significant toll on my gsp with my main. my ness is at 500k right now.
Melee has better fan made online that ultimate tbh (nintendo should be embarrassed). Just go to smash ladder and follow the setup tutorial to get it working on your PC. Assuming you have a usb adapter, you can play it on PC with a cube controller, with online match making, and not have to drop 80 bucks on the disk. Dolphin also has 20xx and Uncle Punch packs that make practicing way better. The only part that is kind of a pita is getting a melee 1.02 ISO, which google will provide, but smashladder will not.
i'll keep this post in mind. i don't really know what half of this means, but there's still a few more days of school left in the year, so i can probably convince one of my real life friends to help set that up. most of them are melee fanatics with a lot of technological insight.

i'm going to start learning melee in the next week or two. summer is defiantly a good time for that anyways.

Last edited:

J.I.L

Trolling
well if that threshold exists, i'm going to guess there is one where the opposite occurs. i mean being forced into free for all matches has taken a significant toll on my gsp with my main. my ness is at 500k right now.

i'll keep this post in mind. i don't really know what half of this means, but there's still a few more days of school left in the year, so i can probably convince one of my real life friends to help set that up. most of them are melee fanatics with a lot of technological insight.

i'm going to start learning melee in the next week or two. summer is defiantly a good time for that anyways.
Oh gosh, you’re a high school student? Looool. And your gsp is 500k? LOOOOOL.
And before I get a strike on my account for antagonizing this fellow, I laugh because you can’t complain about the online system being bad when you are at the low tier of the online system. If you want consistent 1v1, get to like 3 million gsp. And laughing at him being in high school, oh cmon. It’s funny. I’m used to talking to at least collegiant people or above so yeah.

So Sans3546 Sans3546 this was like a reply to you/to the mods since I bet someone is going to slam that report button on me. But point is my dude, you got to improve your gsp significantly if you want to get full expirence of online.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman

If you have friends that play melee, they probably know how to set it up.

Also, Pro tip - if you get into an FFA, just turn your switch off with the power button ASAP. It will get you out of the game without costing you a disconnect.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
The thing is that a lot of people including myself got the year of Online for linking your twitch prime account so even if we boycott it doesn't change that they already have our money. This is why I love Smash Flash 2 more because they actually care about their fanbase and if there's a problem they'll change it.
And J.I.L J.I.L the people with low GSP are because of people like you that move spam and whatever other crap that you people do. So you want Nintendo to change their online but most of the problem is because of people like you who try to make it as the worst as it can be

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I really don't see any problem in Quickplay. I get what I want from it. A nice 1v1 experience with people of similar skill. Arenas aren't my cup of tea though, and I can understand the complaints there.

Oh my gosh, I left my computer on for like two hours having forgot about this post entirely. I came back to witness a whole bunch of flame posts and more of that "you think Nintendo will improve online?" type spam. How?

Last edited:

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
I’ve been trying to get my Little Mac to Elite these past few days. At the beginning, I kept facing people at the top of Elite smash for some reason, and now when I come close, I face squadrons of low GSP players, but these players aren’t awful, and when it comes to Little Mac, certain MU’s are so bad it’s not even funny. Ness? Luigi? I ended at the same place I began after several hours of play. Also several crucial matches didn’t count for any points at all. Interesting.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
If you have friends that play melee, they probably know how to set it up.

Also, Pro tip - if you get into an FFA, just turn your switch off with the power button ASAP. It will get you out of the game without costing you a disconnect.
thank you for trying to help me with my situation. i gave this a try, but the free for all matches are so abundant that it still prologues my game by a substantial amount. turning off my switch means i got to reconnect and find players again. it does take less total time than playing a free for all match all the way until the end, but it doesn't make ultimate's online any easier to deal with.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I really don't see any problem in Quickplay. I get what I want from it. A nice 1v1 experience with people of similar skill. Arenas aren't my cup of tea though, and I can understand the complaints there.

Oh my gosh, I left my computer on for like two hours having forgot about this post entirely. I came back to witness a whole bunch of flame posts and more of that "you think Nintendo will improve online?" type spam. Welp, time to unwatch and forget this thread forever.
Honestly, this thread used to be a good place to genuinely discuss the problems with Smash Ultimate's Online (of which there are many which still haven't been addressed and likely will never be addressed because Nintendo seemingly cares that little about the quality of their Online service). Nowadays, unfortunately, it's largely devolved into a rut of aimless spam and mudslinging. Really sucks.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
Honestly, this thread used to be a good place to genuinely discuss the problems with Smash Ultimate's Online (of which there are many which still haven't been addressed and likely will never be addressed because Nintendo seemingly cares that little about the quality of their Online service). Nowadays, unfortunately, it's largely devolved into a rut of aimless spam and mudslinging. Really sucks.
I have participated in the thread for a week or so. What happened?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I have participated in the thread for a week or so. What happened?
Nothing specifically. Conversation just stagnated, I guess. We've been over the same tired points countless times, and the Online itself's hardly changed at all since launch. There's just nothing to discuss anymore.

J.I.L

ShadowTheHedgehogZ ShadowTheHedgehogZ Of course that diglet fellow liked a comment critizing me, what’s new?
Anyway, would you relax!? I simply just do movesets that give me the best chance to win. Also, you’re done right this online system needs to change. Specifically the preferred rule system. Truthfully it’s a dumb system. Nintendo needs to do what they litery always done before which is give us modes so we select and our guaranteed regardless of gsp. Having it be “preferred” is dumb. However, with this stupidity Nintendo has brought upon us, I’ve been able - after much frustration - to manipulate it to my satisfaction. Which is now is just put in 1v1 100 stamina 1 stock with ness and falco (they don’t allow you to play with items in 1v1 anymore after the recent update, I was so mad but it turns out it’s better without items. P.s - I’d also do this with my main bowser jr (lemmy) but it just doesn’t work. I always lose, so I just go with my normal fighting rulesets of smash 4 1v1 (2stock 5 minute)). I get almost guaranteed gsp as I laugh at my oppennt getting snipped with laser or burned up with pk fire. Then when I don’t get my rulesets, it’s normal standard practice gameplay which I win about 60% of the time hence why my ness, falco and lemmy are all either in elite smash or DEEP in elite smash. It’s a win-win.

Another win win is now when I see guys like meleebrawler meleebrawler defending what I consider to be a dumpster bin of an online, it won’t trigger me anymore because I can now sympathize with how this online system works for him (because I’ve now found a way to make it work for me), but at the same time I still support you, diglet, cool boy, toonlink dude, mewto, Sean and the rest of you guys that this online system needs major revamp even if you take away my cheap rulesets, because I’ll be the first to say it’s dumb and I’ll be okay with it.

A near complete win win. That’s the way to do things my dude.

Kiligar Kiligar try playing team battle, usually when one of my main get knocked out of elite smash, I just use team battle to get them back in it. Besides, it’s not like you’re going to get a team battle again once you get into elite smash.

If you want to just do 1v1, then keep pushing at it. But word of advice, if you don’t get any gsp it means your opponent either disconnected or more likely rage quit. How to tell if that happens is if the screen buffers for like near ten seconds. If it does that and your opponent plays like a cpu then just sucide. You won’t lose any gsp. Save you the energy.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
ShadowTheHedgehogZ ShadowTheHedgehogZ Of course that diglet fellow liked a comment critizing me, what’s new?
Anyway, would you relax!? I simply just do movesets that give me the best chance to win. Also, you’re done right this online system needs to change. Specifically the preferred rule system. Truthfully it’s a dumb system. Nintendo needs to do what they litery always done before which is give us modes so we select and our guaranteed regardless of gsp. Having it be “preferred” is dumb. However, with this stupidity Nintendo has brought upon us, I’ve been able - after much frustration - to manipulate it to my satisfaction. Which is now is just put in 1v1 100 stamina 1 stock with ness and falco (they don’t allow you to play with items in 1v1 anymore after the recent update, I was so mad but it turns out it’s better without items. P.s - I’d also do this with my main bowser jr (lemmy) but it just doesn’t work. I always lose, so I just go with my normal fighting rulesets of smash 4 1v1 (2stock 5 minute)). I get almost guaranteed gsp as I laugh at my oppennt getting snipped with laser or burned up with pk fire. Then when I don’t get my rulesets, it’s normal standard practice gameplay which I win about 60% of the time hence why my ness, falco and lemmy are all either in elite smash or DEEP in elite smash. It’s a win-win.

Another win win is now when I see guys like meleebrawler meleebrawler defending what I consider to be a dumpster bin of an online, it won’t trigger me anymore because I can now sympathize with how this online system works for him (because I’ve now found a way to make it work for me), but at the same time I still support you, diglet, cool boy, toonlink dude, mewto, Sean and the rest of you guys that this online system needs major revamp even if you take away my cheap rulesets, because I’ll be the first to say it’s dumb and I’ll be okay with it.

A near complete win win. That’s the way to do things my dude.
First of all, I'm completely relaxed the only one here that isn't is you. Second, that's your problem right there you're so caught up in winning that you use whatever way you can to win instead actually play the game to get better and accept that you will always lose sometime. Try to think about other people when you play the game instead of purposefully trying to get them mad because you just want to win. At the end of the day the game was designed to be fun so if it isn't fun for both players then you shouldn't be playing at all.

J.I.L

First of all, I'm completely relaxed the only one here that isn't is you. Second, that's your problem right there you're so caught up in winning that you use whatever way you can to win instead actually play the game to get better and accept that you will always lose sometime. Try to think about other people when you play the game instead of purposefully trying to get them mad because you just want to win. At the end of the day the game was designed to be fun so if it isn't fun for both players then you shouldn't be playing at all.
The purpose of the game is to win, that’s the purpose of competition. I play to win, if I don’t then I shouldn’t be involved in competition and spend my time doing other non competitive stuff. And I have limits, I don’t cheat like lag switching. Lag switchers are a complete disgrace and should be punished. Also cant stand people with poor WiFi but it’s whatever. If that’s all the WiFi they have, then so be it. No need to crush people who don’t have a lot. I use the cards I’m given and try to make best use of it. With a gsp of 4795000, I’m quite pleased with my work.

And I don’t think about the players I’m playing against on quickplay. Do you know how many controllers I’ve probably made people break, damage I’ve cost people because what I do online, how many people have blocked me online? I could waste my time dwelling on that and make me become weak and soft and not apt to ruthlessly defeating people on quickplay, but I don’t. Because it’s just hypothetical speculation that gets in the way of me doing the best I can to win in competition (though one is for sure, I do make people rage quits, I’ve gotten quite a few but everyone has gotten rage quitter, so should I let that make me emotional and lower my play to make potential rage quitter happy? Nonsense. I barley ever rage quit, and I dislike losing.) Because I see them as nothing more then obstacle in my way to rising on the gsp latter. And I don’t like to lose, yeah it’s inevitable that you do lose, but I hope I don’t lose because losing bents me out of shape. Specially if I losing consitantly. So there’s two options, learn how to deal with losing and be okay with it so I can try to “fit in” with others and be average, or simply just avoid losing at like all cost and enjoy the fruits of winning. I obviously chose and still choose the latter which is why I’m quite and becoming more content with this mediocre online system.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
The purpose of the game is to win, that’s the purpose of competition. I play to win, if I don’t then I shouldn’t be involved in competition and spend my time doing other non competitive stuff. And I have limits, I don’t cheat like lag switching. Lag switchers are a complete disgrace and should be punished. Also cant stand people with poor WiFi but it’s whatever. If that’s all the WiFi they have, then so be it. No need to crush people who don’t have a lot. I use the cards I’m given and try to make best use of it. With a gsp of 4795000, I’m quite pleased with my work.

And I don’t think about the players I’m playing against on quickplay. Because I see them as nothing more then obstacle in my way to rising on the gsp latter. And I don’t like to lose, yeah it’s inevitable that you do lose, but I hope I don’t lose because losing bents me out of shape. Specially if I losing consitantly. So there’s two options, learn how to deal with losing and be okay with it so I can try to “fit in” with others and be average, or simply just avoid losing at like all cost and enjoy the fruits of winning. I obviously chose and still choose the latter which is why I’m quite and becoming more content with this mediocre online system.
1. Why are you playing a competitive game if you don't like to lose or can't accept it?
2. Those people you play against have lives and if they had a stressful day they would rather have fun in the game instead of playing against someone who just cares about winning which could cause them to make bad choices.
3. There's no possible way you have 4795000 GSP

J.I.L

1. Why are you playing a competitive game if you don't like to lose or can't accept it?
2. Those people you play against have lives and if they had a stressful day they would rather have fun in the game instead of playing against someone who just cares about winning which could cause them to make bad choices.
3. There's no possible way you have 4795000 GSP
1. Because I like to win? The satisfaction of winning trumps the dissatisfaction of losing. Actually, it’s more of when I don’t win... it keeps me hungry to want to win.
2. Those people shouldn’t be going to 1v1 quickplay to find stress relief. Especially if they are in elite smash. That’s unwise on their part.
3. You really don’t believe me? Lol. I get the sentiment that a lot of you guys think I’m just so low level easily defeatable smash player. If I’m being honest, I think could destroy a lot of you in this game, EASILY. And darn yes my gsp is 4795000. As a matter of fact, I’ll screenshot it and post here after I destroy some folks on quickplay and hopefully boost it up to 4.8 million to show you guys I’m not just an mediocre low-level smash “troll”. And I’ll beef up falco and ness too, getntheir gsp high (falco is 4.78 mill) and post it. And I’ll send shockwave and ripple effects in this thread and forum so people know who they are dealing with if they dare trash talk my game.

Last edited:

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
1. Because I like to win? The satisfaction of winning trumps the dissatisfaction of losing. Actually, it’s more of when I don’t win... it keeps me hungry to want to win.
2. Those people shouldn’t be going to 1v1 quickplay to find stress relief. Especially if they are in elite smash. That’s unwise on their part.
3. You really don’t believe me? Lol. I get the sentiment that a lot of you guys think I’m just so low level easily defeatable smash player. If I’m being honest, I think could destroy a lot of you in this game, EASILY. And darn yes my gsp is 4795000. As a matter of fact, I’ll screenshot it and post here after I destroy some folks on quickplay and hopefully boost it up to 4.8 million to show you guys I’m not just an mediocre low-level smash “troll”. And I’ll beef up falco and ness too, getntheir gsp high (falco is 4.78 mill) and post it. And I’ll send shockwave and ripple effects in this thread and forum so people know who they are dealing with if they dare trash talk my game.
You're so selfish I can't even right now, you keep putting 4795000 which is 47.95 million, and why do you keep saying quickplay if you have elite smash?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
J.I.L J.I.L You ought not to hold grudges against people who politely disagree with you. It's unhealthy.

There's no discussion going on here because no one actually wants to discuss anything. It's a legally sanctioned rant thread where you either agree 100% with the group sentiment or you're an obstacle that needs to be destroyed for the fantasy wish-lists to come true (doesn't help that there's so many different ways to play Smash it's difficult for players to find common ground). The truth is the ''defenders'' aren't opposed to improvements, they're just more realistic and rational about what can and is likely to be done. Myself I believe improved and fleshed out arenas would make Quickplay complaints largely moot. The devs sure aren't going to feel the need to guarantee anything on Quickplay with them around.

But you don't wanna hear that. You just keep praying Nintendo will give you ways to force players to play how you want, instead of considering the tool they gave to mitigate less-popular modes.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
It was recently confirmed that Mario Maker 2 won't support friends online. It's time for us to stop paying for online because this is unacceptable.

But it seems like no one wants to listen to me.
nintendo neglected to include one insignificant part of a much larger feature that we never had in a mario maker game before, that nintendo never had to give us in the first place, and that we didn't even know we were going to be given before the direct aired.

yeah, we should tooooooooootally boycott nintendo switch online in its entirety for this reason.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This is incorrect. Once a match has been made even before the countdown begins (start page splash screen shows with who you're about to fight) if you disconnect for any reason the game will freeze for everyone, replace you with a cpu, and then continue for the remaining players. No GSP will be lost or gained for the remaining players but you will lose whatever GSP was at stake (determined before the match begins). You will then be subject to the temp disconnect ban.

So no if you end up with a match against your preferred rules there's NO way to get out of having to just deal with it and drop out after the match is complete.

Solution? Play Arenas.

J.I.L

This is incorrect. Once a match has been made even before the countdown begins (start page splash screen shows with who you're about to fight) if you disconnect for any reason the game will freeze for everyone, replace you with a cpu, and then continue for the remaining players. No GSP will be lost or gained for the remaining players but you will lose whatever GSP was at stake (determined before the match begins). You will then be subject to the temp disconnect ban.

So no if you end up with a match against your preferred rules there's NO way to get out of having to just deal with it and drop out after the match is complete.

Solution? Play Arenas.
Other solutions could be, get good and dominate everyone. B. Be like me and just let everyone kill each other and take out last man standing. Or C. Take your loss in stride and leave the room. I barley get ffa/team if I play 1v1. No matter gsp, and I have character with less then 2 mil gsp.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Got Mac to Elite. The online is pretty bad. Certain characters can hard exploit certain modes, have you seen Ridley in 100 hp stamina battles? Rosalina in pokeball assist trophy free for all. Zelda in FFA? Low time Sudden death shenanigans? Some unfortunate characters don’t have any exploitable modes. But if you become maximum tryhard then you shouldn’t have a problem. The only problem is that it takes a while to get there.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
nintendo neglected to include one insignificant part of a much larger feature that we never had in a mario maker game before, that nintendo never had to give us in the first place, and that we didn't even know we were going to be given before the direct aired.

yeah, we should tooooooooootally boycott nintendo switch online in its entirety for this reason.
Well I didn't really plan to get mario maker anyways but that's my whole point. Boneheaded decisions like this demonstrate that Nintendo will not listen to what their fans want and will just make more stupid decisions because they know fans will still give them money.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman

Solution? Play Arenas.
You can see in the waiting room (like the punching bag practice stage) that its an FFA . It will show 4 players at the bottom. If you immediately power down, you will just leave the room and i assume that it just replaces you with another player, similar to if your opponent leaves before a 1v1 and it waits to find another. But you definitely don't take a timed ban. I do this all the time with no warning messages. I'll have to test just pulling my switch off of the dock since its right next to me anyway. That would be an easier and more reliable means to accomplish this.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Other solutions could be, get good and dominate everyone. B. Be like me and just let everyone kill each other and take out last man standing. Or C. Take your loss in stride and leave the room. I barley get ffa/team if I play 1v1. No matter gsp, and I have character with less then 2 mil gsp.
Same, i almost never get FFA regardless of who I'm playing, and I play tons of alts ranging all over the GSP range. Peach is especially bad. Maybe he has the wrong preferred rules? oh god.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You can see in the waiting room (like the punching bag practice stage) that its an FFA . It will show 4 players at the bottom. If you immediately power down, you will just leave the room and i assume that it just replaces you with another player, similar to if your opponent leaves before a 1v1 and it waits to find another. But you definitely don't take a timed ban. I do this all the time with no warning messages. I'll have to test just pulling my switch off of the dock since its right next to me anyway. That would be an easier and more reliable means to accomplish this.
That is true if you disconnect before the splash screen then there's no penalty.

J.I.L

Same, i almost never get FFA regardless of who I'm playing, and I play tons of alts ranging all over the GSP range. Peach is especially bad. Maybe he has the wrong preferred rules? oh god.
Same! I have players all over gsp spectrum (lowest is in the 1 millions though). Highest is near or at 4.8 million. I only can get 3 in elite smash and stay there for a prolonged period of time. Heck, I’ve only gotten 3 in elite smash ever.

Mc-squirrtle, you and I have some stuff in common. Maybe some day you may understand and join my play style in smash. Eh....eh?

Edit: I think the guy played online during initial release which threw anyone in FFA and just held that grudge.

Last edited:

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
Well I didn't really plan to get mario maker anyways but that's my whole point. Boneheaded decisions like this demonstrate that Nintendo will not listen to what their fans want and will just make more stupid decisions because they know fans will still give them money.
what i said was sarcasm, and developing a game is a lot harder than people believe it to be. the game offers a boat load of online content already. any way you look at it as of right now, this game is a direct upgrade from the original. very little content was cut, and those few objects didn't even exist in any mario game before mario maker. even the online is a direct upgrade. we got an unbelievable amount of content we thought was missing from the first game such as a level search function, the ability to leave some predetermined comments on levels, multiplayer with in levels, et cetera.

you're just cherry picking one bit of negative information from a random game as a reason to boycott nintendo switch online in its entirety. that would be like if i were to boycott all video games regardless of what company made them because sans didn't make it into ultimate (yet).

anyways, i went back and looked at some post history on this thread because i needed to catch up. i've seen the things you have been posting, and it is clear you have no interest in actual conversation with others. the posts i've seen could be used in one of those "literally nobody" memes and would still make sense. in any case, i'm done talking. any further replies will be ignored.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Yeah, this is clearly going nowhere. I looked back and saw the flood of posts wasn't the first time that happened.

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
Once I discovered Battle Arena’s I left Quickplay behind and haven’t looked back. You can find just about any match you want to have and it’s great for getting practice with match-ups that give you trouble, practicing Teams with Team Attack on, or just having fun with crazy custom maps. Plus, if you get lured into a bad room (which sadly happens too often), you can restart the game without a penalty or ban. If you are looking to improve your game, Battle Arenas really are the only way. Quickplay is for people looking to boost their e-peen off of imaginary numbers that mean nothing in real tournament play.

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
And darn yes my gsp is 4795000. As a matter of fact, I’ll screenshot it and post here after I destroy some folks on quickplay and hopefully boost it up to 4.8 million to show you guys I’m not just an mediocre low-level smash “troll”.
Why are you trying to impress strangers on an internet forum? How old are you?

J.I.L

Why are you trying to impress strangers on an internet forum? How old are you?
Impress? Give me a break. This ain’t to impress. This is to cause shockwave signals across the cosmos of this forum so people may think twice before trash talking my game and inferring it’s easy to beat me. Once I get back to playing smash, I’ll beef up my gsp by of course - winning (hopefully). And I’ll post it so people can see. Then if someone trash talk me, I’ll pull up my gsp... and challenge them to a BA 1v1. We will see how many will be willing to want to try me after that.

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
Impress? Give me a break. This ain’t to impress. This is to cause shockwave signals across the cosmos of this forum so people may think twice before trash talking my game and inferring it’s easy to beat me. Once I get back to playing smash, I’ll beef up my gsp by of course - winning (hopefully). And I’ll post it so people can see. Then if someone trash talk me, I’ll pull up my gsp... and challenge them to a BA 1v1. We will see how many will be willing to want to try me after that.
It seems your goal is to impress if you jump into a thread to immediately start talking about how good you are while putting down others. If you are good, nothing anyone can say will change it. There’s no need to brag about GSP (since it isn’t even a reliable indicator of actual skill) or do the Smash equivalent of the “fite me irl” tough guy thing. Just chill out, be humble, and be willing to learn from others.

BTW, why aren’t you able to play Smash bros atm?

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
It seems your goal is to impress if you jump into a thread to immediately start talking about how good you are while putting down others. If you are good, nothing anyone can say will change it. There’s no need to brag about GSP (since it isn’t even a reliable indicator of actual skill) or do the Smash equivalent of the “fite me irl” tough guy thing. Just chill out, be humble, and be willing to learn from others.

BTW, why aren’t you able to play Smash bros atm?
You can tell by the tone of his comments that they are not serious. Epeening GSP is obviously a meme

Weenuk

Smash Cadet
I like Super Smash Brothers™ Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
what i said was sarcasm, and developing a game is a lot harder than people believe it to be. the game offers a boat load of online content already. any way you look at it as of right now, this game is a direct upgrade from the original. very little content was cut, and those few objects didn't even exist in any mario game before mario maker. even the online is a direct upgrade. we got an unbelievable amount of content we thought was missing from the first game such as a level search function, the ability to leave some predetermined comments on levels, multiplayer with in levels, et cetera.
Well I'm ****posting mostly because idiots like everyone I see mostly talk about Nintendo's online saying lol $20 is 2 much, u poor child when all Nintendo ever does is demonstrate with ridiculous decisions such as the Mario Maker 2 issues that their online is not worth it at all, maybe even if it was free. It's almost like they're playing corrupt a wish with us instead of actually being serious about game design,

No one ever said that games are easy to make, but sinple concepts such as playing with friends should be the standard and all Nintendo does is **** up things that no one else would've ****ed up, which throws out everything that would've made everybody like Nintendo. I could type more but I wager UnwipedPooStain and jake-sf can both explain it better than I can in this GameFAQs thread.

It's ****ing embarrasing to be a Nintendo fan when they cannot get even the most basic stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom