• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is nobody talking about the cheaters online??

have you personally seen cheaters in smash bros?

• Total voters

tecmo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
egold562
I'm gonna disagree with popular opinion and say that it's possible that someone could have cheated on FG. Now I am aware that there isn't any publicly available mods that alter online gameplay at all. However, is it that far fetched to think that some one with extensive coding ability, could create there own cheats and make them work online, without making them public? After all we already have a sm4sh modding scene right now, and they can alter some gameplay mechanics too. They just don't work online yet. Now I'm not saying this person's right, but we shouldn't assume their wrong either.

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Last edited:

tecmo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
egold562
No, there are mods that affect online play. Look at the Kirby T-pose glitch: https://smashboards.com/threads/i-think-i-found-a-kirby-glitch.438013
I think there was a video somewhere of someone exploiting this but I'd have to look around a little harder.
That's not a mod, but a glitch that already exists in normal gameplay. What I was talking about is, while unlikely, it is a slight possibility that someone figured out how to get mods to work online, and cheated on FG

Xandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
xandrasmash
That's not a mod, but a glitch that already exists in normal gameplay. What I was talking about is, while unlikely, it is a slight possibility that someone figured out how to get mods to work online, and cheated on FG
That's true. It IS possible that someone figured out how to get mods to work online and is using them to exploit, but even then not many people (if any) could pull that off, so if there are exploiters of this then they're few and far between. So OP isn't technically incorrect, they may exist, but the examples he gave pointed to average gameplay and the like so people assumed that's all he was referring to. I thought so too. Never thought about mods - you have a point there.

link2702

Smash Champion
No mods that would actively effect gameplay would work online without desyncing the games. Aside from ones like starting the match as giga bowser or warioman. If you tried to use any mods at all that made your moves do more damage, knock back, jump higher, etc, both games would desync immediately.

Basically the same thing as in brawl.

So, sorry, but anyone thinking they've ran into cheaters, were likely just roflstomped by a vastly more skilled opponent.

Last edited:

MamaJabba

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone will see this but the man is right. They're are hackers online although i have only encountered one. I posted a replay (its still loading at the time of me saying this). We all know that Mii fighters aren't allowed on For Glory but i found one. I will put the link in a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0ogWIVF08

Last edited:

Thorina

Smash Rookie
I've come across one weird thing in the ton of hours I have on smash. It was on 3DS FG Teams, and two people in the lobby had the exact same name, Mii, and location. One of them played somewhat normally, the other "twin" was on my team, and it was a Samus that did nothing but shoot uncharged Charge Shots the entire match, even when it was offstage, it would just shoot neutral Bs until it died and never tried to recover. It seemed like a bot.

link2702

Smash Champion
I don't know if anyone will see this but the man is right. They're are hackers online although i have only encountered one. I posted a replay (its still loading at the time of me saying this). We all know that Mii fighters aren't allowed on For Glory but i found one. I will put the link in a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0ogWIVF08
Late response but....

Again no mods that change in game damage knock back etc, will work online without de syncing both players games.

In the case of miis this still applies, if the mii had anything that changed it's moves damage from the default, you and your opponents game would desync. Just like warioman and gigabowser, the only thing the person could do is "unlock" the mii with a mod to be playable in random, but if they tried to give the mii any increased damage defense etc, your game and theirs would instantly desync the second one of you hit the other.

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I have seen a few cheaters, but they stick to free for all on for fun. I guess they think they're less likely to get penalized there. One dude had this instant KO attack where all they had to do was tap you and boom! You were sent off the screen.

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Over 15 000 online battles played and I've never run into a cheater. One time, and only once, I joined a FG player and the game took us to battlefield instead of Omega. I'm sure he used a mod to do it, and I wish I knew how.

Vnun6

Smash Rookie
I hate to necro an old thread but I have a video that I've always wondered about.

https://youtu.be/Sv1xRi3E0Do

I joined a normal For Fun match and this happened. It was impossible to die so the players slowly started leaving. I remember a similar hack on Brawl where you could use custom stages online so there could definitely be an underground community that knows something you don't. I recorded this a year ago btw.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I had that happen to me recently (like maybe it was a month or more ago) I wanted to record the footage, but there was no way to because the game couldn't end. I was Dr. Mario, there was a Cloud and a Corrin, but I can't remember who else there was. And yeah they all left after a while and so did I.

I was hoping to avoid a penalty, because it wasn't really my fault. I don't know if it's a hack/cheat like someone intentionally did it or if it was just a odd chance where the game hiccups.

I've also ran into games where we were on the big battlefield? (I had to look up the name just now) where it's designed for 8 players. I just found that out now to. It seemed odd that the battlefield seemed larger with more platforms, I couldn't put my finger on it. I've also seen Kirby users do this thing where they're frozen in a T formation and can somehow do 1 hit KOs. Like they tapped me and I flew off the stage and died. I had no idea what was going on.

And one time I ran into a match where someone used the Mii fighter. I forget which type but as soon as the match started it pretty much dropped.

DonOwens

Smash Cadet
I'm never seen anyone cheat in the thousands of battles I've done on both the WiiU and 3DS FGs. The next time you encounter this you should really save the replay and post it here, since I honestly have a hard time believing that this is legit since I've never seen it even once in all my battles.
100% agree... No replay, never happened.

Top Bottom