• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Ness so good?

YouKnowBruno

Smash Rookie
Well it has to do with dash attach that lets him out range other characters with ease and also the dash attach with forward air are good for shield pressure. Most people aren't use to playing against ness and his Awkward range with some move makes it difficult to play against him.... but on another note peach is broken

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
The Fox thing is true. Chain-grabs for the win!

But the Sheik matchup is garbage. Chain-grabs for the loss x.x

In any case...as Bruno said, people don't usually know how to handle a Ness player because you never see Ness. Also his double jump cancel is super fast and makes him actually have options. Just remember, anyone who plays Sheik will eventually ruin your day. I use my secondary for the Sheik and Marth match-ups. Did I mention I hate Marth's sword. It is getting better for me, but not reliable yet. Sheik is (for now) an auto-lose. I am going to work to figure out how to make it a 30-70 matchup (because if it isn't worse than that, it probably should be) and then work to getting it MAYBE 35-65. I don't see it getting much better.

PSI-Apocalypse

Smash Apprentice
i'm with Double Helix, it's bad to use ness against sheik, but I think he has a chance with c.falcon. And answering your question, because his aerial game.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Just a little insight, I fought a guy a couple of days ago who consistently 2-stocks me as lots of the cast. Against his Sheik, I got 4-stocked, against Falco, 2-stocked unless it was FD, and against Falcon, I won.

Top Bottom