• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Kirby low tier this time?

boysilver400

Smash Apprentice
I recently got Project M, and Kirby just feels so much better than he's ever been, and yet he's bottom 2 on the tier list. So I just wanted to know why he's considered low tier in this game.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Tbqh the list is VERY outdated, and any PM worth their salt will tell you not to pay attention to it as of now. IIRC one of the tier people, think it was Boiko, said that it was just put out to update the tier list before the one we have now. So it was basically rushed I feel.

TOVL

Smash Cadet
In essence, despite the fact that Kirby is good, you have to remember that EVERYONE is good. So when we rank on top-down scale like a tier list, it implies viability at all levels of play, when really they're all so close. The gap between Wolf and Kirby might not be nearly as large as the gap in say Fox vs Kirby in Melee or MK and Kirby in Brawl; but the gap is still significant. It's just that all the other characters deal with each other than Kirby even if he's not bad himself. Plus Sonic exists so Kirby doesn't stand a chance anyway lol

Top Bottom