• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Brawl listed last on Smashboards?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I just realized something and I feel silly for it. But I noticed that the sections of the Smashboards have an unusual order in which they are organized.

It thought the games would be organized in chronological order with the oldest game at the bottom. But instead we have (from bottom to top) Brawl, Smash 64, Melee, Project M, Wii U/3DS, Ulitmate.

It's almost in order but Brawl was shifted to the bottom. I'm sure this has been answered before but is there a reason for this?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So the games are listed in order based on how much the competitive community plays them?

D

Deleted member

Maybe popularity? Since Brawl isnt as popular as the rest of the installments. im not completely sure tbh.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Maybe popularity? Since Brawl isnt as popular as the rest of the installments. im not completely sure tbh.
It certainly isn't very popular, but MINUS the stupid tripping, I do not get why. It is a very solid multiplayer game AND SSE is the pinnacle of smash story/adventure mode (perhaps to be dethroned with SSBU?) Either way, I enjoy brawl plenty...in fact, it is the one I am binge playing until SSBU releases =X

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Because people don't really pay it competitively, I think.
Nah brawl is still played competitively. I'm currently training people and we had a mess load of tournaments this year. Our opener for next year is already planed Return to subspace 2 in March.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Idk but ill forever like brawl the best. Best smash of all time.

Top Bottom